Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

caught between a few different feelings with this latest fiasco; good on him for speaking out after such a shitty beating, kinnear saying he's staying and ashley's "pushing the club on" tripe, but then as Offshore says his timing is fucking terrible, the summer was when this should have been said, the moment KK went

that tells me it isn't blowing smoke, i think there's interest and he really wants away...what could ashley possibly do to pacify the guy now anyways?  he certainly won't be able to provide him with the team he deserves to be playing with and a manager better than JFK who frankly should be managing a pub team

he's gone, lets move on, try and get some players part ex and a shitload of money...maybe daniel sturridge & onohua plus cash?  city are our best bet to fleece imo

also, wonder what his team mates think of him right now?  he's basically just called them all shite in a roundabout way

Guest The Libertine

Didn't hear him or his agent whinging when we went 6 unbeaten till Wigan.

"I'm delighted the way things are going. The position we're in isn't ideal, but hopefully we've turned a bit of a corner and we're going in the right direction."

"We've had two victories in a row, and we're unbeaten in a number of games," Given told the Gazette.

"Our confidence is getting pretty high. We'll be going there with nothing to fear, and hopefully it'll be a good Boxing Day.

"The clean sheets make a nice change, and hopefully we can build on that at Wigan. If we make four in a row, it would be even better. It's what we've to strive for – keeping as many clean sheets as we can.

"If we keep clean sheets, we've always got a chance. Against Portsmouth, we kept it nice and tight, and we got three great goals."

thats just before the wigan game. kneejerk? or yet another person at the club talking shit?

Can't exactly blame him. He was brilliant against Liverpool, as he has been so many times in the past, yet all history will remember is that he conceded five goals. Not for the first time either -- I can't imagine that anything could be more infuriating for a goalkeeper.

If I was shay I'd want to sign for a club whose results were going to reflect my talents. He's been too loyal for his own good over the past few years.

I love Shay and everything that he's done for the club, but making a public statement like that, which might make other players not want to come to this club, is a low blow.

I'd say send him to Citeh and try to get Elano in the deal. I'm comfortable having Harper in net. In fact, if Shay goes, I would hope that we would extend Harper's contract and give him a run.

Agreed. I don't give a fuck how frustrated he might be. He gets paid handsomely for his frustrations. Always a model pro, Shay should have known better.

Deary me. What a sorry state of affairs. I said months ago that Ashley would turn into a slum landlord, a footballing equivalent of Rachman. This farce really is depressing, but before anyone kicks off with inane s*** about how Shepherd's tenure here was any better, can I just say a quick "Get to f***!"? They're both fat, incompetent, greedy, selfish, useless bastards: Ashley and Shepherd. We've been on a downward spiral for the best part of five years now, and Given's remained a stalwart servant to the club throughout. I think there was a certain inevitability about this, and assuming he will go, Ashley, Wise & Kinnear are just the final straws. A sorry tale. :(

what a load of bollocks.

Mike Ashley is taking the club right back to where we were before the Halls and shepherd found it, and it has been as obvious as the nose on your face for at least the last 12 months.

GM is absolutely spot on. The truth hurts you doesn't it?

You're not even man enough to take your blinkers off when it comes to Shepherd.

I love Shay and everything that he's done for the club, but making a public statement like that, which might make other players not want to come to this club, is a low blow.

I'd say send him to Citeh and try to get Elano in the deal. I'm comfortable having Harper in net. In fact, if Shay goes, I would hope that we would extend Harper's contract and give him a run.

Agreed. I don't give a fuck how frustrated he might be. He gets paid handsomely for his frustrations. Always a model pro, Shay should have known better.

Thing is I trust Shay to know better. How bad must things be for him to break rank and come out with something like this.

Worrying.

Times like this I do sometimes get the paranoid feeling that we're watching a slow-mo Leeds impression unfolding before our very eyes...

It's ok though, Ashley deserves another chance.

Times like this I do sometimes get the paranoid feeling that we're watching a slow-mo Leeds impression unfolding before our very eyes...

Quite the opposite if things continued, we'd actually be cash-rich because we didn't spend.

It's ok though, Ashley deserves another chance.

I think he does, at least to see if he can sort the last 8 months or so out.

Whether he does or can is another matter.

Quite the opposite if things continued, we'd actually be cash-rich because we didn't spend.

But possibly equally in League 1 if we fill the squad with average players.

would definitely sell a 33 year old keeper for anything above £8m tbf. As if hes going to go to the shambles that is city or spurs though. If one of the big 4 dont take him I doubt he'll go.

I'm not bothered if he goes, I don't rate him as highly as some on here.  He's a good keeper but I'll be just as happy to see Harper in goal.  My biggest concern is what is going on that we don't know about?  If this is just Given then it's not a massive problem, if it goes deeper then it could be.

But possibly equally in League 1 if we fill the squad with average players.

Any concrete proof that thats what we'll do?

(not a dig at you, just was pointing out that we're no-where near doing a 'Leeds')

I'm not bothered if he goes, I don't rate him as highly as some on here.  He's a good keeper but I'll be just as happy to see Harper in goal.  My biggest concern is what is going on that we don't know about?  If this is just Given then it's not a massive problem, if it goes deeper then it could be.

:frantic:

Didn't hear him or his agent whinging when we went 6 unbeaten till Wigan.

"I'm delighted the way things are going. The position we're in isn't ideal, but hopefully we've turned a bit of a corner and we're going in the right direction."

thats just before the wigan game. kneejerk? or yet another person at the club talking shit?

It was also before Ashley took the club off the market. Maybe Shay was banking on a new regime?

Any concrete proof that thats what we'll do?

(not a dig at you, just was pointing out that we're no-where near doing a 'Leeds')

No of course mate, we dont know for certain that we could fall like Leeds. Its just that fear that if we continue to allow our better players to leave, replace them with lesser quality players whilst all the other teams around are strengthening, then ultimately, we will only head in one direction.

A good man manager at the helm always helps when you dont have 11 International class players in the starting line up and at the minute i dont feel we have one of those either.

I feel like we are kind of treading water at the minute. Hopefully it wont be for long.

:frantic:

I know this isn’t much of a comfort, but Nicky Butt has been asking for a contract extension within the last week or two so it might not be as bad as some think.

Jesus, that makes me feel worse.  :lol:

Guest shearer_united

If he wants to go, then let him go. He needs to know that he is not bigger than the club and he can be replaced.