Newcastle confirm interest in Ferguson

Thespence

My socks just torpedoed into the floorboards.

:lol:

Riise and Ferguson. Super Joe sure has some quality players in mind. :thup:

Sorry for the obviousness but Joe + the super duper scouting team behind him

Aye, I bet those two took some spotting. Just like Bassong!

I thought you would be happy Dave since you've insisted that the manager should pick his signings.

The ED(F) is still in place & running the transfers & contracts, if he was not happy we would not be doing the deal.

Nice try of turning it around.

Everyone on here who was moaning that the manager should be able to sign who he wants should be happy with themselves, they've finally got it.

Forget these foreign players who are scouts have their eye on, Kinnear wants Ferguson and the club are going to get him so they should be happy.

I am not turning anything around, we still have the same system in place but the part TJ played has been split between Decca & Dennis. Do you think Ashley is keeping Dennis on to do f*** all?  

But I think what Dennis/Mike/Joe maybe are doing atm is trying to protect PL status with old heads. If you read the Mike Ashley statement the full version that was in the programme he still makes it clear young talent is still what he is about.

Wise's job will still be the same, the only difference is that it looks like he's going to get the players in the manager wants now instead of these fancy foreigners, Kinnear wants Barry Ferguson and we're going for him so everyone should be happy.

Wise was at Bramall Lane checking on if believed Naughton & Quinn, who sent him there JFK?

People believe a manager should have players they like or at least input because if they don't you end up with chaps like Xisco not playing at all. This does not mean everyone likes the players a manager may bring in.

He's there to find players and bring them to the managers attention, if they've recommended players to Kinnear and he still prefers the likes of Riise and Ferguson then people have already said they would prefer the club to get the players in the manager wants which they look to be doing.

Not sure how Xisco comes into this because he was signed before Kinnear was even here and every new manager coming into a club will find one or two players they don't like.

How do you/we know Dennis & Jeff have not looked at the team & thought we need a left back with PL experience as Jose is dying in some games. I think we may be going for older players because we are in the s****, do you not think that?

I know you love your Ligue 1 players but maybe this window is not the time for youth or outsiders while were in the mire & it is still Ashley's club his rules & Dennis Wise is more than a "glorified scout" if you believe that your mental, he is the top man on the football side of things.

Anyway we are still linked with them zAnEy foreign types:

The gulf between the two sides is cavernous, but Webo is a hard-working striker. However, in recent weeks the prospect of relegation and insolvency seem to have left him dejected. Rumours that he will be a target for Newcastle United have surfaced once again and it would be difficult to believe the Cameroonian would reject the chance to jump ship, particularly as his former team-mate Jonas Gutierrez made the move to St James Park over the summer.

http://www.clickafrique.com/Magazine/ST010/CP0000003164.aspx

Because Kinnear is the one saying that these players are what he wants and they don't really fit into what the club was looking for in the Summer.

Wise is over everything on the football side but as I've said, people wanted the club to go for players that the manager wanted and we now look like doing that with Kinnear's recent comments, I love good footballers btw and I don't care where they come from.

At the start of season it is okay to have vision but results change things & you have to adapt. We signed Lamine Diatta last season because we were short of first team defenders at the back end of last season, clubs will always go for experience when they are in the mire. I don't think Ashley/Wise would let JFK sign players they were not happy about or think could get us away from the crap at the bottom.

Diatta is on trial at Stoke from Monday, a player you have been posting about for while Joe Ledley looks like he will join Stoke next week for £7 million.

We signed Diatta because the transfer window was closed and he didn't have a club, nothing to do with him being experienced.

We brought him because he was experinced or the club would of went with any of Tozer, Kadar & Edgar.

Also part of this so called "transfer policy" was value for money & as Fergie is out of contract in the summer he should cost next to nowt as long as Dennis knows what he is doing. Hopefully he wont get screwed like FS did when buying Boumsoung.

Plus there's no mention of what type of deal they want to do with Ferguson. If he's out of contract and has indicated that he may move elsewhere, it may be a loan deal. I think any players we buy will be the pick of Wise and his cronies,whilst the loan deals will be JFK type players.

If this happens, it's for the best really, as it would suggest that Joe will be sent on his way at the end of the season. JFK doesn't really tie in with Ashley's so called vision of buying young talent and nurturing it, so it would be silliness to let him blow silly amounts of cash on crazy gang type clodders

Plus there's no mention of what type of deal they want to do with Ferguson. If he's out of contract and has indicated that he may move elsewhere, it may be a loan deal. I think any players we buy will be the pick of Wise and his cronies,whilst the loan deals will be JFK type players.

It is crazy how some think Ashley/Wise after the rumpus with KK just give JFK a free reign.

It is crazy how some think Ashley/Wise after the rumpus with KK just give JFK a free reign.

Not really, but I can understand why people who kept on about how they wanted the manager to have the final say want to still try and blame Ashley and Wise now it looks like the manager's final say includes players like Ferguson.

Not really, but I can understand why people who kept on about how they wanted the manager to have the final say want to still try and blame Ashley and Wise now it looks like the manager's final say includes players like Ferguson.

Keegan appointed Kinnear of course. :lol:

Keegan appointed Kinnear of course. :lol:

What?

People are trying to say Wise is behind the Ferguson signing, even though Kinnear as said t's who he wants and goes against everything they went for in a player in the Summer.

Nothing to do with who appointed him in the first place.

Crap player.  Looks great in Scotland but he couldn't hack it outside Glasgow.

Also, wasn't he supposed to be a huge problem when Paul Le Guen was in charge?  Refused to play & effectively forced Le Guen out of Glasgow?  Sounds like a fucking great player to have, 30 years old, shit outside Glasgow & goes on strike when he gets dropped.

What little faith I have in JFK will vanish if this is true.

Oh sorry, just thought that you'd blame it on Keegan as you normally do. ;)

I didn't mention Keegan but I'm not surprised to see the same people bring him up again.

People really need to forget about him.

Oh sorry, just thought that you'd blame it on Keegan as you normally do. ;)

I didn't mention Keegan but I'm not surprised to see the same people bring him up again.

People really need to forget about him.

:lol:

I've already explained what I mean regarding this.

I am not blaming Ashley/Wise going for someone like Barry. Feel free to name the people who are though, as I can see why they are going for this type of player, cheap & quicker than Butt & better passer of the ball than Guthrie. Although his recent time out worries me slightly. It seems that they may have learned that it is best to speak to the manager about who is coming in to seek an agreement.

Struggling to get back to his best after injury and couldnt cut it when at his best for Blackburn.

£4.5m mentioned on the beeb if we want a player to play the ball backwards and sideways we are better off prising Ray Wilkins back into the game.

If I remember correctly left Rangers in the lurch for 2nd qualifying leg of Champions League to sign for Blackburn and left with his tail between his legs when Blackburn fighting relegation.

Cracking signing

Struggling to get back to his best after injury and couldnt cut it when at his best for Blackburn.

£4.5m mentioned on the beeb if we want a player to play the ball backwards and sideways we are better off prising Ray Wilkins back into the game.

If I remember correctly left Rangers in the lurch for 2nd qualifying leg of Champions League to sign for Blackburn and left with his tail between his legs when Blackburn fighting relegation.

Cracking signing

He'd suit us a treat then. Given our current situation.

£4.5m mentioned on the beeb .

Why would we pay £4.5m for a player out of contract in the summer, people talk about us selling Owen for that much so I cant see B.Ferguson being anywhere near that.

He has 18 months left...

I have just checked the Chron site & they say 18 months but SKYTEXT page 259 says 6 months.

A 30 year old (31 next month) average player playing in Scotland for around a third of our possible funds? And if no-one is sold, almost all of them?

I shudder at the thought, I'm sure even we could do better. Clueless management.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barry f***ing Ferguson! Id rather have Sarah Ferguson. He's no more an improvement than Butt.

He is, not by much, but he is!