Does Ashley want us relegated?

jackyboy

Guest Howaythetoon

He will not want to see us relegated but should it happen, I don't think he'll loose too many nights sleep over it. What I want to know is whether he thinks Kinnear and the current squad are enough to keep us up or not. If its the former I can't see the squad being improved sufficiently or enough money being released and if we do not strengthen well enough then we increase the very real prospect of being relegated. Worryingly Ashley doesn't seem to understand football in any context and seems to be quite delusional.

Worryingly Ashley doesn't seem to understand football in any context and seems to be quite delusional.

Because he tried (and failed) to copy a management model used elsewhere to varying degrees of success?

He's made severe mistakes and he's got a lot to learn about the football industry if he's going to continue to have a part to play in it.

But yeah, let's just call him unsubstantiated and agenda-ridden stuff like 'delusional'.

Worryingly Ashley doesn't seem to understand football in any context and seems to be quite delusional.

Because he tried (and failed) to copy a management model used elsewhere to varying degrees of success?

He's made severe mistakes and he's got a lot to learn about the football industry if he's going to continue to have a part to play in it.

But yeah, let's just call him unsubstantiated and agenda-ridden stuff like 'delusional'.

Which model do you think he tried to copy? Massive red herring IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do you think Ashley has a good understanding of football then?

As for delusional, he claimed Kinnear could take us to Europe and to even have a flutter on it. The man isn't the brightest bulb in the house when it comes to football. I wont mention he thinks Kinnear is better than Cappello, I'd like to think he was joking but he does have form...

Guest Howaythetoon

What model would that be because he contradicted himself several times on that one, one week it was Arsenal the next it was Spurs and he even conceded Newcastle to compete need to spend money so why implement the complete opposite of that kind of model if he knew the opposite was what really was required? Because he's fucking clueless that's why and doesn't fully understand football as his management of the club since he bought us is living proof. He didn't even do due diligence man :lol:

As for delusional, he claimed Kinnear could take us to Europe and to even have a flutter on it. The man isn't the brightest bulb in the house when it comes to football. I wont mention he thinks Kinnear is better than Cappello, I'd like to think he was joking but he does have form...

Although he was most likely just taking the piss.

I don't think he has a great understanding of it at all, no, never said he did. I think he's tried to better his understanding, but he's made severe mistakes along the way and has a lot to learn.

As for the delusional stuff, it depends on whether you take such comments as serious or not. I don't, he clearly likes a joke and probably isn't good at handling the media so comes out with things such as the above that can get misinterpreted.

Guest Howaythetoon

Like I said I'd really like to believe that but he has form for this sort of cluelessness.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think he has a great understanding of it at all, no, never said he did. I think he's tried to better his understanding, but he's made severe mistakes along the way and has a lot to learn.

As for the delusional stuff, it depends on whether you take such comments as serious or not. I don't, he clearly likes a joke and probably isn't good at handling the media so comes out with things such as the above that can get misinterpreted.

If you don't understand something but try and act like you do then you're deluded or deluding yourself which is all the same anyway.

Which model do you think he tried to copy? Massive red herring IMO.

The continental director of football etc model. I don't disagree with the second sentence.

Like I said I'd really like to believe that but he has form for this sort of cluelessness.

If I was going to use terms like clueless I'd probably apply it to bell ends like Peter Lee who spouted off in the press about a fans buy out of the club then disappeared up his own arsehole.

Stupidest thread ever  :lol:

Do you have form?

Guest Howaythetoon

Stupidest thread ever  :lol:

Do you have form?

:lol:

Aye but how that effects NUFC I don't know, some with your post Tron.

Probably the daftest post I've ever read on an internet message board.

I mean that with no offence or malice, but really, why on earth would he want to do that?

Well yes you are right - but we are in Doug Ellis rather than Randy Lerner territory here.

I mean that with no offence or malice, but really, why on earth would he want to do that?

Well yes you are right - but we are in Doug Ellis rather than Randy Lerner territory here.

Even Doug wouldn't have been that stupid, and Ashley - cock up though he may have made at Newcastle - is still an incredibly successful businessman.

Doug Ellis would be a godsend compared to what we've had for the past 10 or so years tbh.

Even Doug wouldn't have been that stupid, and Ashley - cock up though he may have made at Newcastle - is still an incredibly successful businessman.

Brummie - missed my point mate. All I'm saying is that we are running a business model nearer to to the Ellis (ie keep it solvent, in the Premiership and sell when the right offer arrives) rather than the Lerner (let's have a look what needs doing and then make it happen).

Great...probably not the most intelligent idea atm?!?

Guest Brazilianbob

What everyone seems to overlook is the possibility that he is indeed running the club into the ground since the fans p*ssed him off by telling him he and his family wouldn't be safe attending the SJP.  He seems to be attempting to recoup some of the unexpected outlay, ie the mortgage repayment of £57m that only came to light after he forked out £130m for the club, by asset stripping the club.  He seems intent on getting rid of the high earners first and bringing in free transfer players or low cost low wage earners.  OK he did sanction £10m for Collocini, but wasn't that before he found out he had to stump up an extra £57m.  Also if a decent offer comes in for him, ie £15m, what are the odds that he is sold?  As for relegation to the Championship, in all likliehood, he would still be able to recoup what he paid for the club.

Moving on to the argument regarding the business model, whether it be copying Arsenal's or Spurs, we all agree it is not working as it could, and that the blame lies squarely at the feet of Ashley.  However, I would point out that this business model was the brainchild of Chris Mort our erstwhile Chairman, not Ashley.  Granted Ashley implemented it, but only after Mort recommended it as the way to avoid the mistakes made by previous regimes at NUFC, ie trying to buy success by driving the club deeper and deeper into debt.