Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Its bullshit man, we dont have a pot to piss in.

Thats why KK lost his wrag when Milner was flogged and we only brought Xisco in.

Sell before we buy.

No money. MAN CITY KNOW THIS - FACT

Hey, you forgot to add "Man City Know This" to that post.

Is that better?  ;D

:lol: was getting a bit repetitive gimp. You know this

Its bullshit man, we dont have a pot to piss in.

Thats why KK lost his wrag when Milner was flogged and we only brought Xisco in.

Sell before we buy.

No money. MAN CITY KNOW THIS - FACT

Hey, you forgot to add "Man City Know This" to that post.

Is that better?  ;D

:lol: was getting a bit repetitive gimp. You know this

bluelaugh.gif

Even man..................knew it.

For fucks sake!! This is getting beyond a joke now!!!

What kind of fuckwits are negotiation for us, we can't even get the richest club in the world to pay the going rate for a world class keeper!

This is so simple.

Set a price, give them a deadline, if they don't meet either one, tell them to FUCK OFF!!! :rant:

Can't believe such a sensible post has been ignored for so long.

Sign of the times when people would rather argue the smaller points than address a real issue.

Given is a "nice to have" for them so they're trying to lowball us, a club in turmoil EVERYWHERE with a keeper who says he wants to leave.  Why is it down to our negotiation team if City refuse to budge from a superior position? 

I don't get this "city have all the cards" bullshit.

It's not as if the club's going into administration immediately. We're debt free and only need money insofar as much as it can buy us players.

It doesn't look like we're buying a lot of players (which certainly isn't a good thing, but howay nobody wants to come here what can you do.) So we don't need the money. There's every incentive for us to hold out and get a proper rate in the summer rather than letting them hold us to ransom.

CITY are the ones who should be under pressure. They need a keeper NOW.

Our prem status is at risk BIG TIME, we need money to fund other areas of the first team.  Man City know this.

5m more isn't going to represent a significant upgrade on our current targets.. Our problem isn't the money it's that nobody wants to come here.

We have absolutely nothing to lose by playing hardball. It's not as if we're going to buy anyone significant anyway.

Upgrade? We need the money to get anyone man, that's why fuck all has happened.

Ebondo has been quoted today saying he wants to come here, yet Kinnear reckons we're squabbling with his club over £500k.

It would be worth paying it out to finish one place higher in the prem, never mind the cost of relegation.

Might as well add in here,   all of tommorows papers are saying Shay put in a written transfer request this evening :(

good.

he's fucked about for long enough and i'm pleased we have forced him to do this in a way.

I think if Given wants to leave we have to sell him at any amount. He serve this club greatly and he deserve to get his move as he wish.

if we didn't need the money i'd keep him till the summer........just because.

Might as well add in here,   all of tommorows papers are saying Shay put in a written transfer request this evening :(

good.

he's fucked about for long enough and i'm pleased we have forced him to do this in a way.

Agree, but it's still heartbreaking.

(Yeah, go on then madras, you know you want to).

I think if Given wants to leave we have to sell him at any amount. He serve this club greatly and he deserve to get his move as he wish.

You would put what Shay Given wants ahead of the club? The guy has a well paid CONTRACT, us keeping him isn't cruel in any way.

good.

he's f***ed about for long enough and i'm pleased we have forced him to do this in a way.

too bloody obvious man.

i've got you to the point of expecting it......now i let you down..........i'll let you simmer.

Ebondo has been quoted today saying he wants to come here, yet Kinnear reckons we're squabling with his club over £500k.

What's that, if not a club who can attract a player but can't afford him?

We need the money.

Actually we offered £2.5 million because that was the price we were quoted, they now want £3 million.  What will they want next if we just give in?

good.

he's f***ed about for long enough and i'm pleased we have forced him to do this in a way.

too bloody obvious man.

i've got you to the point of expecting it......now i let you down..........i'll let you simmer.

Oh for fucks sake! :dave:

As for Given, the bloke can fuck off, I'm really not bothered in the slightest.  But if we accept £5 million I'll fucking lose my rag, I don't give a shit if he's put in a transfer request, unless it was written on a cheque for £5 million from himself then we should tell him "No problem, you can go when we get an acceptable offer".

As for Given, the bloke can f*** off

Yeah I mean whats 11 years like

you'd think after 11 years if he wanted to leave he'd stick a request straight in instead of going through the dance he danced.

Its a strange one alright the way he went about it.You cant blame him for being fed up.He will always be one of the greats for me,gave 110 percent in every match.The second  best keeper I have ever seen after Schemiceal

you'd think after 11 years if he wanted to leave he'd stick a request straight in instead of going through the dance he danced.

It really winds me up when a player wants to leave and they won't hand in a transfer request just so that they can get extra money out of the selling club - especially when they are often moving for a much better contract at the new club.

Its a strange one alright the way he went about it.You cant blame him for being fed up.He will always be one of the greats for me,gave 110 percent in every match.The second  best keeper I have ever seen after Schemiceal

true but i've lost all respect for him the way he has behaved this month.

Had Given just handed in a transfer request straight away but accepted that any deal would be dependant on us receiving a good fee for him I'd have no problem.  Obviously instead he's been making noises behind the scene's to Man City that have put us in a totally shit position.  They know he wants to leave now no matter what and so are trying to rip our eye's out.

I'm not saying I hate him or anything, he's done a lot for the club, but this whole thing is just pissing me off now.  I was happy enough that he was allowed to leave as long as we got a good fee, now it looks increasingly like we'll end up having to accept peanuts for him.

Top keeper, love the guy, though he has always seemed on verge of wanting out, and I can't stand his builders suck he does before evey sentence. :lol:

Would have prefered Harper to be the first one to make way but that's life. It's a shame it's ended this way but to be honest, I'm not that upset as I didn't want to lose the promising keepers pushing through from the reserves and youth.

Guest timmy boy

Given wont break the appearance record then, how many games short is he?

I love Given and he has been a great servant and top class keeper, but his image has been slightly tarnished for me by leaving in January and releasing that letter through his lawyer.  I would of liked him to stick it out until the end of the season, see where we are and go from their.