Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

I dont blame him for wanting to move as we've s*** in recent years but the fact he did it mid season whilst we fight a relegation battle is what really gets to me. If he cared for the club he would have waited till the end of the season there would have been plenty of takers for a top keeper he didn't need to make this move right now.

But look what he has had to put up with this season.  An owner one minute selling then he's not.  3 managers, a full-on St James park protest AND a relegation battle.  There is very little to be optimistic about.  Can't blame him at all.

Guest johnson293

Sky Sports news just had a list of Citys transfer window spending and estimate Given's fee as £6m maing a total of about £46m spent.

Can't believe we'd turn down £5m, but then agree to just an extra £1m?!!

EDIT - sorry, already mentioned earlier.

http://picsrv.mcfc.co.uk/?fif=/mcfc/img_502_12912_478.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=150&hei=150&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

Ugh.

Hope he injures himself picking up his increased pay the mercenary c***.

Given = Judas c***.

OMG he join Sunderland?!  Or has he joined a team on the up with ambition?  Never going to win anything at Newcastle good luck to him.

You end up embarrassing yourself with literally every post you make.  Don't reply to me.  I know you 'don't care'.

You think he'll win something with Manchester City?

More chance then here right?  Who else more ambitious wanted him?

Have a go at the question I asked......

Yes, they going to be playing in Europe within 3 seasons.  When you try sign players like Robinho, try sign Kaka one of the best keepers in England and stick by the manager like they have done.  Very good chance indeed.  Owners are going all out for success.  Problem?  Given has more chance here you reckon?  Have a go at that.

Sky Sports news just had a list of Citys transfer window spending and estimate Given's fee as £6m maing a total of about £46m spent.

That thing is quite often wrong. They are just guessing basically.

Guest bleedinblacknwhite

If he really has gone for 6 million, then I guess it's because Man City weren't prepared to offer much more and Kinnear decided he desperately needed some money now to buy the players he wants.

Yes, they going to be playing in Europe within 3 seasons.  When you try sign players like Robinho, try sign Kaka one of the best keepers in England and stick by the manager like they have done.  Very good chance indeed.  Owners are going all out for success.  Problem?  Given has more chance here you reckon?  Have a go at that.

I'm not sure that this is one of new challenges Given went on about seeing as we've been in Europe for all but a couple of the 11 season he's been with us and he's done the CL in that time too.

Guest northwestmag1892

http://picsrv.mcfc.co.uk/?fif=/mcfc/img_502_12912_478.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=150&hei=150&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

Ugh.

Ugh.

Given = Judas c***.

Given = Judas c***.

Hmm... Toon's Taylor... wide of the mark, cunt.

That thing is quite often wrong. They are just guessing basically.

English papers: £6m, Norwegian papers: £50m

That's a pretty big margin...

I hate estimated fees :lol:

I'm not sure that this is one of new challenges Given went on about seeing as we've been in Europe for all but a couple of the 11 season he's been with us and he's done the CL in that time too.

So chasing Europe isn't really attractive to him because he has done it, he would rather be here?  Man City like it or not are a very exciting club at the minute.  They stood by Hughes through a very difficult period, i reckon its going to work.  They are signing good players, and have tried to sign the very best ones. 

Whereas we are signing average-poor players, with Nicky Butt STILL in our first team come the end of the season.

Guest toonlass

Ugh.

Ugh.

Given = Judas c***.

Given = Judas c***.

Hmm... Toon's Taylor... wide of the mark, cunt.

Toon's Taylor = Anal Oliver

Judas cunt? Cripes. :undecided:

I don't think he's gone about the move particularly well but Jesus. As for the choice of club, he might not win trophies immediately (though i think they probably will at some point when they get a decent manager)... but it's irrelevant. He wanted to leave Newcastle and Man City provided a get-out. They're ambitious and are moving forward, and he's guaranteed a pretty penny. That doesn't make him a mercenary cunt in my honest opinion.

Putting my general admiration for the bloke aside, some people need to put their dummies back in tbh. We're a shit club going nowhere, they're a good club moving forward - he wanted to go. Shit happens. I thank him for his fantastic services here and wish him well tbh.

Judas cunt. :nope:

Ugh.

Given = Judas c***.

OMG he join Sunderland?!  Or has he joined a team on the up with ambition?  Never going to win anything at Newcastle good luck to him.

You end up embarrassing yourself with literally every post you make.  Don't reply to me.  I know you 'don't care'.

Playing in Europe doesn't equate to winning something. ???

Ugh.

Given = Judas c***.

So?

I don't think he's gone about the move particularly well but Jesus. As for the choice of club, he might not win trophies immediately (though i think they probably will at some point when they get a decent manager)... but it's irrelevant. He wanted to leave Newcastle and Man City provided a get-out. They're ambitious and are moving forward, and he's guaranteed a pretty penny. That doesn't make him a mercenary cunt in my honest opinion.

Putting my general admiration for the bloke aside, some people need to put their dummies back in tbh. We're a shit club going nowhere, they're a good club moving forward - he wanted to go. Shit happens. I thank him for his fantastic services here and wish him well tbh.

well said.

Judas  :lol:

Gonna miss him big time. Thank you Shay for 11 years of fantastic service, most loyal player after Shearer. Just shows how far we've fallen when class acts like Shay are this desperate to leave. Would have preferred he left in the summer, but can't blame him for wanting out asap.

Ugh.

Given = Judas c***.

So?

So, that was the question he hasn't answered in two attempts.

well said.

Judas  :lol:

Of all the players to associate that particular word to. :nope:

Pisses me off does that tbh. I'm not trying to be a fanboy of a particular player, i'm not in love with the guy... just generally - what a totally pathetic thing to say about Given.

I can understand, not necassarily agree with, Midds' reasoning for being pissed off. But calling him a Judas. Absolute nonsense.

Ugh.

Given = Judas c***.

What?  You think their owners don't want to be at the very top then?  They have more chance of winning stuff at Citeh then here.  Fact.  Unless something catasphrobic happens they will be in Europe and challenging trophies in some form.  When owners try to sign the very best players in the world, they are aiming high!

What are you trying to argue?  He should stay here?  Move to another club?  There was no one else.

Ugh.

Given = Judas c***.

So?

So, that was the question he hasn't answered in two attempts.

Three attempts.  No point debating this any further if you're ignoring the questions.

Cheers.