Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Ham United - 10/01/09 - Post match reaction from P16

PM

i was one of carroll's harshest critics after the man city game, credit where credit's due i thought he was very good today, looked tidy in possession and a handful in the air. 2-2 was probably fair, i was annoyed at how easily they got to the edge of our penalty area time and time again, geremi i guess....

enrique continues to baffle me, some brilliant touches but he cant pass it five yards

Was very poor today.

i dont think he was though, he showed god speed and strength when tracking back, did some good close passing, but it seems that whenever he's by himself with no pressure he falls to pieces

Anyone else at the match see Steve Clark pointing to the press box when Cole scored making a point to one of them twats.

Anyway my Ratings:

Given 8

Enrique 5

Collocini 5

Bassong 7

Taylor 5

Jonas 7

Guthrie 6

Geremi 4

Duff 6

Owen 6

Carroll 7

Subs:

N'Zogbia 6

Anyone else at the match see Steve Clark pointing to the press box when Cole scored making a point to one of them twats.

Anyway my Ratings:

Given 8

Enrique 5

Collocini 5

Bassong 7

Taylor 5

Jonas 7

Guthrie 6

Geremi 4

Duff 6

Owen 6

Carroll 7

Subs:

N'Zogbia 6

I wouldn't argue too much with those ratings other than to give Taylor 4 and I thought Owen was better than Carroll.

coloccini is not a good defender

Complete nonsense. One or two mediocre games (and even they're debatable) does not make him a bad defender.

He has been piss most of the season even Bassong (GOD BLESS HIM) could not dig him out today.

When 3 of our back 4 is Colo, Joke & "Local Lad" we are in SHITE!!!

He has been piss most of the season even Bassong (GOD BLESS HIM) could not dig him out today.

When 3 of our back 4 is Colo, Joke & "Local Lad" we are in s****!!!

The defence has been quite good without "Local Lad" when the other three have been together.  "Local Lad" was probably the difference between getting 1 point and 3 today because without the daft push we had a goal and I'm sure he was the only defender who didn't step out for the 2nd West Ham goal.

Geremi is rightly getting stick but I don’t think he was as bad as Taylor, he wasn’t as costly.

When 3 of our back 4 is Colo, Joke & "Local Lad" we are in s****!!!

The defence has been quite good without "Local Lad" when the other three have been together.  "Local Lad" was probably the difference between getting 1 point and 3 today because without the daft push we had a goal and I'm sure he was the only defender who didn't step out for the 2nd West Ham goal.

Geremi is rightly getting stick but I don’t think he was as bad as Taylor, he wasn’t as costly.

As I said when Colo, Joke & "Local lad" are in the team we will let goals in.

Bassong had the potential today to be the most costly with his push on Bellamy & shirt tugging of Cole, just glad Wiley did not give a pen for the push or see the shirt tug. Taylors push was a shocker, Colo getting done by a Scott Parker through ball was Boumsong esq. As for Joke your right N.Butt must be showing him how to pass.

Those who were saying Bellamy was finished a month ago need to have a word tbh

He's looked a lot better recently. Get this - players can actually improve their form. He did look pretty past it a few weeks back, so fair play to him for improving.

No-one has to have a word about anything unless they still think he's "finished".

He's looked a lot better recently. Get this - players can actually improve their form. He did look pretty finished a few weeks back, so fair play to him for improving.

No-one has to have a word about anything unless they still think he's "finished".

didn't you say he was finished?

madness in itself that anyone was writing him off tbh, as I said at the time it was 18 months since he'd got Liverpool into the final of the champions league

He's looked a lot better recently. Get this - players can actually improve their form. He did look pretty finished a few weeks back, so fair play to him for improving.

didn't you say he was finished?

madness in itself that anyone was writing him off tbh, as I said at the time it was 18 months since he'd got Liverpool into the final of the champions league

Well done you.

The defence will get the stick, but we conceded the midfield battle for large parts of the game. The defence shouldn't be coming under so much pressure at home, but until we get four midfielders with good engines in the team together we are bound to struggle against quicker players. Previously we've had Butt, today he was replaced by Geremi.

One clapped out old fart replaces another and hey presto, it's Jurassic park week again.

Guest ryunufc

More than one of ours, but Taylor was the one who lost Cole and stood still waiting for the others to defend.

It looked as if all but one stepped out and only one played him on.

carroll?

The defence will get the stick, but we conceded the midfield battle for large parts of the game. The defence shouldn't be coming under so much pressure at home, but until we get four midfielders with good engines in the team together we are bound to struggle against quicker players. Previously we've had Butt, today he was replaced by Geremi.

One clapped out old fart replaces another and hey presto, it's Jurassic park week again.

Tron - What did you think of the Guthrie/Zog combo?

Tron - What did you think of the Guthrie/Zog combo?

Would have to see it from the kick off to get a real idea, but I would have started with those two tbh. Both lads have got good legs, decent engines and have the potential to dovetail nicely. Over 90mins not sure if Zog has the discipline for the role but there's only one way to find out. Going forward it could be pretty slick.