Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Ham United - 10/01/09 - Post match reaction from P16

PM

Guest Heneage

I think Carroll has been surprisingly good. Then again, I don't expect much from him.

I admit that this is being very cynical.

But if he scores that header it's 2-0 and we are far stronger. He just infuriates me more that lad.

Guest marky555

Has Enrique been solid? Hows his distribution been?Dont think ive heard anything about him apart from the assist!Good stuff.

I think Guthrie has been quite quiet, hopefully he'll step it up, and i think Carroll has been rather poor. Hopefully we'll get a few in the second and get 3.

Carroll has far exceeded my expectations of him (based upon his Man City 'cameo')

Half time. Second half Duff needs to step up his game to justify playing ahead of the far superior Zog.

Nope, its now between Duff and Geremi as Jonas is far superior on the left.

Geremis is playing central today so if we are going to play a left footer on the right then I would play Zog sooner than Duff, he can cut in and shoot effectively from there.

I think I'd have better things to say about Carroll's performance in the first half if he didn't have such a stupid haircut. 

Colo & Bassong will need to work on dealing with Bellamy's pace in the second half, but we've been by far the better side and have played some very impressive stuff. 

Really will be gutted if Jonas gets booked - think i might actually cry. Off up to the Hull game and i'm close the pitch. I want his hair to brush my face.

(He's suspended if he gets another booking)

Clever run by Carrol to create the space for Owen to run into and shoot for the goal. He's also won quite abit in the air and seems hard for them to handle. Playing no where near as bad as some people are making out.

For those who are listening/watching. Do we deserve to win this? is it likely we will?

Jonas and Owen are probably our two best players, which is always a very good sign. We're getting a few free-kicks aswell and it only takes Geremi to get one right, and we've scored (Owen header). I feel pretty confident.

Half time. Second half Duff needs to step up his game to justify playing ahead of the far superior Zog.

Nope, its now between Duff and Geremi as Jonas is far superior on the left.

Geremis is playing central today so if we are going to play a left footer on the right then I would play Zog sooner than Duff, he can cut in and shoot effectively from there.

He was terrible when he played on the right under Sam.

Guest The Libertine

carroll is doing his job. nothing spectacular but its enough. i'd be gutted if xisco doesnt get 20 mins though.