The Mackems Game

Tooj

the tension at SJP will crush the players

If they show any weakness I can imagine the reaction being one that we'll never be to get over. Whoever gets the first goal is going to win it, I can't see it being a draw. If they score, the players will be so demoralized from our reaction that they will collapse, and If we score I think we can spur them on to keep it going.

Guest Heneage

Surely this is where we as fans must grab our club and do our job. I'm not saying its our fault, but we need to be a 12th 13th and 14th man. We can't boo or get on players backs, we have to support from minute to minute 90.

Surely this is where we as fans must grab our club and do our job. I'm not saying its our fault, but we need to be a 12th 13th and 14th man. We can't boo or get on players backs, we have to support from minute to minute 90.

Aye, I just hope that it goes that way... I've seen it happen before when the chips are down. It might actually be a blessing that it's the derby and the hatred will be directed against the mackems.

Aye, I just hope that it goes that way... I've seen it happen before when the chips are down. It might actually be a blessing that it's the derby and the hatred will be directed against the mackems.

A good way of looking at it. Hopefully the passion shown from the crowd will at least semi-motivate the players to get/jump/hop/samba/crawl over the finishing line.

That's what's happened pretty much all this season, and what have the players given in return? Nout. The support at Blackburn the other week was little short of magnificent and the players responded with as bad a performance as I've seen in years. Most of them have no fight in them - happy to pick up their cash and move on at the end of the season.

i wouldn't be getting yourselves down that much, having watched us play on tuesday night, i was suprised to see us beat a very very poor fulham side.  as for the front two of jones and cisse, the latters body language stunk.  despite all of your injuries and suspensions i would be quite content to get in and out as quick as possible and take the point.  my prediciton is 1-1 with carroll and jones on the score sheet. the injuries to owen and barton, the suspension of spiderman and the seemingly iminent departure of your most valuable asset in given has made me a bit more optimistic however.

the suspension of spiderman.......has made me a bit more optimistic however.

Shame he's not suspended then.

is he not? oops my mistake, thought i heard it mentioned somewhere, anyways, he doesn't scare me as all he has is pace

is he not? oops my mistake, thought i heard it mentioned somewhere, anyways, he doesn't scare me as all he has is pace

Make your mind up. You cited Jonas being suspended as a reason to make you more optimistic in your last post.

Think Sunderland are a good example of sacking their manager at the right time.

The players had such an "anyone but Roy Keane" attitude that the good feeling resulting from his sacking has got them quite a few points, although Sbragia is almost certainly out of his depth in the long term.

Surely the attitude in our dressing room right now is pretty much "anyone but Joe Kinnear." Sacking him now could produce similar good feeling.

Make your mind up. You cited Jonas being suspended as a reason to make you more optimistic in your last post.

yes, i cited the fact he was mising as yet another one of your first team missing meaning you may have to dip into the reserves or youth setup. the only players who i, and this is my opinion, feel are a genuine threat are owen, martins, n'zog and given.

Think Sunderland are a good example of sacking their manager at the right time.

The players had such an "anyone but Roy Keane" attitude that the good feeling resulting from his sacking has got them quite a few points, although Sbragia is almost certainly out of his depth in the long term.

Surely the attitude in our dressing room right now is pretty much "anyone but Joe Kinnear." Sacking him now could produce similar good feeling.

this is spot on apart from one point, he did a keegan and walked.

Who would take the job though? No-one as things stand.

I'll take one for the team and do it. I just won the prem with Chelsea on Footy Manager so I can assure everybody when I say that I know what I'm doing  :coolsmiley:

I would prefer the mornings off though tbh, as I love a good luy in after a night on the piss. </Pattison>

Guest sittingontheball

I think we have to forget everything that has gone on so far this season and approach this one with 100% positivity.

Yes we'll have a scratch team and yes we have few points and a lowly league position, but if we win it will be huge. Bigger than a win against anyone else.

With full commitment and resolve, we can win it.

If we end up being relegated, it will be due to what goes on from now on, not what's happened already.

Howay the Lads!

Ricky ready for cop ruck

RICKY SBRAGIA is taking on the cops before taking on Newcastle in Sunday’s Tyne-Wear derby.

The Black Cats chief reckons last season’s St James’ Park defeat was partly down to the police advising they arrived early to avoid fan trouble.

Sbragia has now approached Northumbria police, demanding a later arrival time this season.

He said: “Last year, we were in the dressing room for 2½ hours, which was ridiculous.

“Players were sitting around, gazing at each other, reading programmes, walking in and out, trying to look busy. I could smell it wasn’t right.

“This time, we’ll do what’s right for the club.”

If we end up being relegated, it will be due to what goes on from now on, not what's happened already.

Howay the Lads!

Thats what worries me

Ricky ready for cop ruck

RICKY SBRAGIA is taking on the cops before taking on Newcastle in Sundays Tyne-Wear derby.

The Black Cats chief reckons last seasons St James Park defeat was partly down to the police advising they arrived early to avoid fan trouble.

Sbragia has now approached Northumbria police, demanding a later arrival time this season.

He said: Last year, we were in the dressing room for 2½ hours, which was ridiculous.

Players were sitting around, gazing at each other, reading programmes, walking in and out, trying to look busy. I could smell it wasnt right.

This time, well do whats right for the club.

Stupid fucking mackem pig, its your job to keep the players focused.  Fucking knacker.

Ricky ready for cop ruck

RICKY SBRAGIA is taking on the cops before taking on Newcastle in Sundays Tyne-Wear derby.

The Black Cats chief reckons last seasons St James Park defeat was partly down to the police advising they arrived early to avoid fan trouble.

He said: Last year, we were in the dressing room for 2½ hours, which was ridiculous.

Players were sitting around, gazing at each other, reading programmes, walking in and out, trying to look busy. I could smell it wasnt right.

This time, well do whats right for the club.

I would imagine the "welcome" they will receive by arriving later could be worse than the effects of having to hang around SJP listening to their IPods for a couple of hours.

can barely think of  team for this one

Harper

Edgar    Colo    Taylor   Enrique

Duff    Butt    Geremi   Zog

Lovencrabs    Carroll

worst eleven I can remember :no:

Guest toonlass

My young un this morning before school said, "Don't worry, we will hammer the mackems and then wee all over them." God bless optimism.

Guest MrSundlofer

A big derby on sunday. Take a gamble. The team vs City didn't work.

------------------Harper-------------------

Taylor--Coloccini---Bassong--Enrique

Lualua---Butt-------Donaldson--Jonás

----------------Smith-----------------------

------------------------Carroll--------------

-----------------Harper

Tayls------Colo----------Bass--------Jose

Lua--------Butt-----------Zog--------Jonas

------------Carroll--------Duff

BENCH

Krul

Edgar