The Mackems Game

Tooj

Someone clarify for me. Is Jonas banned for this game or not? I heard it on the radio but people are saying not....

He is due a 1 match ban for 5 yellows, some think that it takes 7 days for that ban to come into effect some think it comes into effect straight away.

Ricky ready for cop ruck

RICKY SBRAGIA is taking on the cops before taking on Newcastle in Sunday’s Tyne-Wear derby.

The Black Cats chief reckons last season’s St James’ Park defeat was partly down to the police advising they arrived early to avoid fan trouble.

Sbragia has now approached Northumbria police, demanding a later arrival time this season.

He said: “Last year, we were in the dressing room for 2½ hours, which was ridiculous.

“Players were sitting around, gazing at each other, reading programmes, walking in and out, trying to look busy. I could smell it wasn’t right.

“This time, we’ll do what’s right for the club.”

what fucking bull shit.

"I can't play football well today, despite earning £xx,xxx per week, this 2.5 hour wait has rendered me useless"

Someone clarify for me. Is Jonas banned for this game or not? I heard it on the radio but people are saying not....

He is due a 1 match ban for 5 yellows, some think that it takes 7 days for that ban to come into effect some think it comes into effect straight away.

Right, so who's right and who is wrong? I thought it was the next game that you were banned for.

Looking at the table, three points for us on Sunday would be an absolutely massive boost for us while if we lose and some other results go against us we could find ourselves in a whole new world of shit, surpassing even the most grim moments of the season.

The wrong game at the wrong time. The crowd will lift the players but I don't think there is enough in our squad with the self-belief it's going to need. Sunderland are a team of mercenaries, but the likes Of Cisse will lift their games for this one, and I don't see enough match winners in our team without the likes of Martins.

West Brom will be our best hope as we might have a couple of signings by then and Oba will be back.

NUFC.com seem to think he is suspended.

''Shaun Wight-Phillips and inevitably Craig Bellamy had put City two up but it was serious injuries to Michael Owen and Joey Barton, plus a suspension for Jonas Gutierrez that leaves us in a crisis, ahead of Sunday's derby game.''

The Sunderland game and the close of the transfer window could well spell the end of my close following of NUFC.

I just can't see us winning, and if we do, it'll be an ugly, skin-of-our-teeth affair.

What hope is there right now?  We have an owner with ZERO ambition, our top players either don't care or just get injured over and over again.  Shay is right, it's time to jump ship.  I love this club.  I adore the atmosphere, the fans, St James' is without rival in the Premier League for stirring up that feeling of excitement.

But guys, call me a coward, but this just hurts to much.  Seeing us roll over, the injuries come in, the decisions going against us, and seeing Clueless Kinnear backed by a Fat Man with no ambition just breaks my heart.

We'll not lose at SJP to the Mackems, if we do, it'll be the end.  If we don't sign at least two more players this window, I'm just gonna stop.  Sell the rest of my season ticket and find another club to follow casually.  I can't wait for the kids to come through and hopefully soon Newcastle will return to pride, and I'll be there.  But, like Shay, I love the club but cannot continue with it right now.

You know it's going too far when you sit in the whole night, distraught and depressed cause of the situation.  Mike Ashley: when will you understand that your wallet more than cash?  It holds the keys to the hearts of a people.

I never thought I'd see Given leave.  I never thought I'd see us show this little ambition.  It's like we're trying to get relegated.  I considered that maybe relegation would be beneficial, but it wouldn't.  The only way to save the club is for Ashley to step aside to someone who truly cares, and 'gets it' and get a quality manager in.  And switch that damned training ground.  Will that happen?  No.  So why stick around and endure the pain?  Like I said, where is the hope?

I know I'll never be able to support another team the way I do Newcastle, but I think I might root for Villa for a while.  It's great to see a genuine, passionate team pushing at the top with average players just playing football without massive financial backing.  They're everything we should be.  

Sheppard, Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Souness, Allardyce, Guillet and, yes, Keegan's second coming.  It's destroyed the pride from Robson's tenure.  Destroyed it.

I just can't pretend like I support it any longer.  NUFC, I will support to the day I die and shout my heart out for any player donning the shirt who truly cares.  But this club stinks to the core of poor management and corruption.  

As for the Mackem game, I predict 1-2.

Duff - Jones, Richardson

Injuries: Bassong, Jonas will get injured. (Laugh, but I feckin' predicted Barton's injury before tonight's match.)

Sorry for the depression, just had to clear my head.

Fuck off you mackem bastard.

We'll beat these cnuts no bother.

Guest toonlass

The Sunderland game and the close of the transfer window could well spell the end of my close following of NUFC.

I just can't see us winning, and if we do, it'll be an ugly, skin-of-our-teeth affair.

What hope is there right now?  We have an owner with ZERO ambition, our top players either don't care or just get injured over and over again.  Shay is right, it's time to jump ship.  I love this club.  I adore the atmosphere, the fans, St James' is without rival in the Premier League for stirring up that feeling of excitement.

But guys, call me a coward, but this just hurts to much.  Seeing us roll over, the injuries come in, the decisions going against us, and seeing Clueless Kinnear backed by a Fat Man with no ambition just breaks my heart.

We'll not lose at SJP to the Mackems, if we do, it'll be the end.  If we don't sign at least two more players this window, I'm just gonna stop.  Sell the rest of my season ticket and find another club to follow casually.  I can't wait for the kids to come through and hopefully soon Newcastle will return to pride, and I'll be there.  But, like Shay, I love the club but cannot continue with it right now.

You know it's going too far when you sit in the whole night, distraught and depressed cause of the situation.  Mike Ashley: when will you understand that your wallet more than cash?  It holds the keys to the hearts of a people.

I never thought I'd see Given leave.  I never thought I'd see us show this little ambition.  It's like we're trying to get relegated.  I considered that maybe relegation would be beneficial, but it wouldn't.  The only way to save the club is for Ashley to step aside to someone who truly cares, and 'gets it' and get a quality manager in.  And switch that damned training ground.  Will that happen?  No.  So why stick around and endure the pain?  Like I said, where is the hope?

I know I'll never be able to support another team the way I do Newcastle, but I think I might root for Villa for a while.  It's great to see a genuine, passionate team pushing at the top with average players just playing football without massive financial backing.  They're everything we should be.  

Sheppard, Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Souness, Allardyce, Guillet and, yes, Keegan's second coming.  It's destroyed the pride from Robson's tenure.  Destroyed it.

I just can't pretend like I support it any longer.  NUFC, I will support to the day I die and shout my heart out for any player donning the shirt who truly cares.  But this club stinks to the core of poor management and corruption.  

As for the Mackem game, I predict 1-2.

Duff - Jones, Richardson

Injuries: Bassong, Jonas will get injured. (Laugh, but I feckin' predicted Barton's injury before tonight's match.)

Sorry for the depression, just had to clear my head.

While I can understand the depression, I don't get the bit in bold. How can you even "root" for another team in the Premiership?

We will lose 2-0, we are absolutely fucking shite, and although hey aren't great they have strikers capable of scoring and other players capable of winning games. Carrol and Lovenkrands up front? They're dismal players and won't get us anywhere fast. Martins won't be back. and when we get beat I won't be the slightest fucking surprised.

Kinnear is a clown and the cunts running the show are absolutely clueless and have no love for NUFC, just money.

I'm sick of watching shite but I'll be 100% behind the useless cunts on Sunday, at the end of the season I hope that everyone Unites to get the Fat wreck out of the club.

Right, so who's right and who is wrong? I thought it was the next game that you were banned for.

Unless it's changed recently (and if it has nobody's told me), it's 7 days.  We had the same situation with Babayaro a few years ago.

EDIT: Just checked on The FA site and his suspension starts on Feb 4.

Unless it's changed recently (and if it has nobody's told me), it's 7 days.  We had the same situation with Babayaro a few years ago.

EDIT: Just checked on The FA site and his suspension starts on Feb 4.

I love you. I think that could be rather crucial!

Fucking hell man, imagine if Jonas was out... Geremi - Butt - Coloccini - Duff as our midfield quartet :laugh:

I know I've used this one before, but that lot would be outrun by Father Ted's 5-a-side team.

Fucking hell man, imagine if Jonas was out... Geremi - Butt - Coloccini - Duff as our midfield quartet :laugh:

I know I've used this one before, but that lot would be outrun by Father Ted's 5-a-side team.

That episode is wild, unbelievably funny.

Guest michaelfoster

I think the provisional squad for Sunday will be something like this...

GK: Harper, Krul, Forster

Def: Coloccini, Enrique, Bassong, Taylor, Edgar, Morris

Mid: Duff, Jonas, Geremi, Butt, Lua Lua, Godsmark, Inman

St: Lovenkrands, Smith, Xisco, Carroll, Donaldson, Ranger

Out Injured: Barton, Guthrie, Owen, Gonzalez, Beye, Ameobi, Kadar, Baheng, Tozer, Viduka,

Doubtful: Cacapa, Martins, N'Zogbia, Given

Referee: Howard Webb

UK TV: Live on Sky Sports

Overseas TV:

BHT1 C+ Sport 1 (D/F/N/S) +HD

Diema 2 Eurosport 2

Gol TV (Spain) Nova Sport (Cze)

NTV+ Football Setanta Sports USA 

Show Sports 1 & 2  Spormax Digiturk +HD 

Sport 2 (Ukr) Sport TV2

Supersport 3 (ZA) The Score +HD   

Stats:

United v smb @ SJP since 1980:

2007/08: Won 2-0 Owen 2 (1pen)

2005/06: Won 3-2 Ameobi, og(Caldwell), Emre

2002/03: Won 2-0 Bellamy, Shearer

2001/02: Drew 1-1 Bellamy

2000/01: Lost 1-2 Speed

1999/00: Lost 1-2 Dyer

1996/97: Drew 1-1 Shearer

1992/93: Won 1-0 Sellars

1991/92: Won 1-0 Kelly

1989/90: Lost 0-2

1989/90: Drew 1-1 McGhee

1984/85: Won 3-1 Beardsley 3 (1pen)

1979/80: Won 3-1 Cartwright, Cassidy, Shoulder

---------------------------------------------

Harper

Taylor           Bassong     Colcocinni      Enrique

Jonas           Geremi          Butt            Duff

Carroll        Lovenkrands 

Subs: Krul, Edgar, Morris, Lua Lua, Smith, Donaldson, Ranger

2-1 to us possibly

Guest Heneage

Martins may play, its up to him really. If he feels confident enough with his injury.

If he can't go Carroll on Ferdinand and Lovenkrands on Collins, its pace and power at its most basic level.

I fear Jones and Cisse are going to rape our defence from every possible angle, it's going to be a massive test for our defence and Colo in particular. That said Sunderland are fairly average everywhere else and if by some miracle we keep their frontline quiet we'll win.

Hope we get Nolan in quick, the following team would have a chance

Harper

Taylor  Bassong Colocini Enrique

Jonas  Lovenkrands  Nolan  Zog

Carroll  Duff

(or if Zog aint fit, bring Butt into CM with Duff LW and Lov up front)