The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Guest The Libertine

I'm just hinting at the fact that you, as the most persistent ashlicker on the site, would still be wrong, even if a total of 80% of the comments in the thread are based on unfounded speculation.

so, again, just because i was critical of keegan bottling it im a full on ashley fan? its worthless logic.

if you check back, ive always said there are a number of people to blame. or you could just keep trying to point score to make yourself feel better?

so, again, just because i was critical of keegan bottling it im a full on ashley fan? its worthless logic.

No, you're an Ashley fan because you've persisted in supporting Ashley through all of this mess. That's what fans do. By definition. As a tautology, it may be claimed to be "worthless logic", but nonetheless it's true.

i just wish ashley had decided to back his manager over a faceless transfer team. the manager has to come first and the other things - transfers, training, dealing with press - follow his lead. now that Wise has gone it seems even Ashley has admitted he was wrong, pity this realisation didnt come earlier.

Guest The Libertine

No, you're an Ashley fan because you've persisted in supporting Ashley through all of this mess. That's what fans do. By definition. As a tautology, it may be claimed to be "worthless logic", but nonetheless it's true.

you're taking the NE5 road here. to criticise shepherd/keegan = a love for ashley. so again, if you wish to look back you'll see i've often been critical of ashley. i doubt you will because it may mean i score a point  :iamatwat:

you're taking the NE5 road here. to criticise shepherd/keegan = a love for ashley. so again, if you wish to look back you'll see i've often been critical very supportive of ashley. i doubt you will because it may mean i score a point  :iamatwat:

see, there you go again man, can't help yourself supporting ashley :lol:

Sorry, I've never seen you being critical of Ashley. All I've seen have been "you realise money going into the club pays for other stuff too?" when someone points out that money isn't being spent on players, which was what the comment he responded to hoped for. That's an apology for Ashley's lack of actions. Support. Not criticism. Similarly, pointing to the previous board having employed managers with health problems (which they had overcome) as an apology for appointing Joe Kinnear! Similarly, support for the alleged transfer policy of buying "players that are right", with all the evidence being in quotes from Mort instead of actual action. Fact is, we haven't bought players that are right, and you support it. You're a fan, and that's all.

Keegan would be welcome to show his face at St James Park at any time as far I'm concerned. You must be too young or have short memory. What Keegan did here in the 90's was fantastic, we will never see the like of it again.  

People should remember what he has done for the club as a manager and a player before they start disrespecting him and calling him a wanker etc.  Amazing really   

Well he's certainly done his best to tarnish his reputation and played his part in getting us back in the division we were in when he first arrived. His actions also put the way he quit back in 97 in perspective too. Disgraceful really. Sick to my stomach thinking about this man.

Keegan would be welcome to show his face at St James Park at any time as far I'm concerned. You must be too young or have short memory. What Keegan did here in the 90's was fantastic, we will never see the like of it again.  

People should remember what he has done for the club as a manager and a player before they start disrespecting him and calling him a w***** etc.  Amazing really   

Well he's certainly done his best to tarnish his reputation and played his part in getting us back in the division we were in when he first arrived. His actions also put the way he quit back in 97 in perspective too. Disgraceful really. Sick to my stomach thinking about this man.

:rolleyes:

It was ridiculous to bring him back btw due to the structure Ashley wanted in place. But as you could see on the pitch we were turning it round. So on a footballing side there certainly wasn't a problem with it.

Whether it was right or wrong, it was a structure Keegan was happy to be an integral part of at Fulham when he came in as Director of Football above Ray Wilkins then played a key role in getting rid of him.

People should remember what he has done for the club as a manager and a player before they start disrespecting him and calling him a wanker etc.  Amazing really   

Never mind. At least you still have Ashley to cure your nausea

Guest Howaythetoon

Only a complete and utter idiot would blame KK for our woes regardless. If it hadn't have been for that man we wouldn't all be sitting here talking about our fading PREMIER LEAGUE club. See that stadium, see that man in the dugout, see that badge on our shirt sleeves... none of that would have been possible without KK so to blame him for our CURRENT woes is taking the piss.

Especially considering just how much the powers that be have been proven to be totally in the wrong since he left, wrong being the wrong people to run our club. But people expect an ultra professional sportsman like KK with his principles and dedication to standards to work for fuckwits like those because err, he loves the club? My only surprise is he lasted so long.

The day he walked he was effectively lifting the wool from the sheep's eye but still some sheep are wide asleep. Staggering.

Events have since proved that KK was right to walk away, if this is the type of club he was asked to manage.

Of course there will be more to KK's resignation. I doubt the reason the LMA stated for his leaving was the only reason. The lack of professionalism, lack of clue in how to run a football club and the utter cuntishness of his bosses will all have played just as big a part, that and not wanting to be some public face for a regime hell bent on making do at best.

Something KK would never accept.

Face facts he was lied to, we all were, sold one big lie.

KK knew this wretched squad of ours was no good but instead the powers that be thought Dennis knew best. Even Kinnear knew it was no good. But what did they do? They made a profit during a time that was essential to our fight to stay up, a time when they should have been buying players to keep us up not help us go down.

Guest fading star

People should remember what he has done for the club as a manager and a player before they start disrespecting him and calling him a w***** etc.  Amazing really   

If it wasn’t for Keegan we’d have spent the last twenty years in the lower leagues - it’s supporters like you that are the real disgrace.

Only a complete and utter idiot would blame KK for our woes regardless. If it hadn't have been for that man we wouldn't all be sitting here talking about our fading PREMIER LEAGUE club. See that stadium, see that man in the dugout, see that badge on our shirt sleeves... none of that would have been possible without KK so to blame him for our CURRENT woes is taking the piss.

Especially considering just how much the powers that be have been proven to be totally in the wrong since he left, wrong being the wrong people to run our club. But people expect an ultra professional sportsman like KK with his principles and dedication to standards to work for fuckwits like those because err, he loves the club? My only surprise is he lasted so long.

The day he walked he was effectively lifting the wool from the sheep's eye but still some sheep are wide asleep. Staggering.

Events have since proved that KK was right to walk away, if this is the type of club he was asked to manage.

Of course there will be more to KK's resignation. I doubt the reason the LMA stated for his leaving was the only reason. The lack of professionalism, lack of clue in how to run a football club and the utter cuntishness of his bosses will all have played just as big a part, that and not wanting to be some public face for a regime hell bent on making do at best.

KK knew this wretched squad of ours was no good but instead the powers that be thought Dennis knew best. Even Kinnear knew it was no good. But what did they do? They made a profit during a time that was essential to our fight to stay up, a time when they should have been buying players to keep us up not help us go down.

you really ought to find out what ray wilkins thinks of his time as manager of fulham to give another insight as to how keegan works.

there is a lot we don't know about what went on...still hoping it goes to court so we can find out.

Ugh, and as always for some: if you bash Keegan, you are in love with Ashley... fucking hell :rolleyes:

Guest Brummiemag

Spot on

Ugh, and as always for some: if you bash Keegan, you are in love with Ashley... fucking hell :rolleyes:

It just comes across like that I have to be honest. If its wrong then sorry but I just cant get my head around people calling KK a cunt and saying he makes them sick to their stomach.

There is being disappointed in the man but to have such hatred for him - I cant get my head around it.

Ugh, and as always for some: if you bash Keegan, you are in love with Ashley... f***ing hell :rolleyes:

It just comes across like that I have to be honest. If its wrong then sorry but I just cant get my head around people calling KK a c*** and saying he makes them sick to their stomach.

There is being disappointed in the man but to have such hatred for him - I cant get my head around it.

Indeed Robster.  :thup:

Guest The Libertine

Sorry, I've never seen you being critical of Ashley. All I've seen have been "you realise money going into the club pays for other stuff too?" when someone points out that money isn't being spent on players, which was what the comment he responded to hoped for. That's an apology for Ashley's lack of actions. Support. Not criticism. Similarly, pointing to the previous board having employed managers with health problems (which they had overcome) as an apology for appointing Joe Kinnear! Similarly, support for the alleged transfer policy of buying "players that are right", with all the evidence being in quotes from Mort instead of actual action. Fact is, we haven't bought players that are right, and you support it. You're a fan, and that's all.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58965.msg1630199.html#msg1630199 1-0.

money goes into various areas of a football club, not just one. the point i made was actually agreed with by the person i quoted. 2-0.

houllier and souness were currently employed when they had heart attacks. thats hardly "overcome before appointment" as you state. 3-0.

i have never wanted kinnear so thats also wrong. 4-0.

me liking/supporting the "buying players that are right" strategy is hardly a crime, is it?. i dont want the "wrong" players here. shoot me. 5-0.

yes!!! 5-0 to me!! i dont care about relegation any more as i scored 5 points on the internet!!!!!!  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

:rolleyes: indeed.

Everyone knows my affection for Kevin Keegan, and yes of course I am biased towards Keegan. Especially when it comes to people like Mike Ashley, everyone Keegan has done for us in the past is why I believe he went for the right reasons. When it comes down to it, I would always choose Kevin Keegan over Mike Ashley, without a shadow of a doubt. Obviously some people disagree with me but that's life.

The day Mike Ashley chose his structure or more so his personnel over Keegan for me was the day he burnt his bridges with the club for me. It's true I will never forgive Ashley for allowing things to happen, that's right Mike Ashley. At the end of the day the buck stops with him, he is the man who has been naive and appointed all of the wrong people. Some may say Keegan too, I will agree with that to an extent. And that is simply due to the way his role was defined. Yet if he was given free reign things could have been so different for us.

I am fully aware of the fact we would not have been challenging for the big prize with Keegan in charge again, I never once believe we could do such a thing. Although the propaganda from the hierarchy at the time did make me think anything was possible.

Before Keegan was re-appointed I was not for it at all nor did I believe such could happen. Although I should have known better knowing what this club was like. I was of the belief that Kevin's time in football was over and he was destined to be a memory of everything that this club could potentially be. However, upon hearing that he had been re-appointed I can't describe the emotion I felt. Part of me told myself to think with my head, he had been out of the game for a few seasons, appeared to have fallen out of love with all things football, but then my heart told me this is Kevin Keegan, this is the man who not once, but twice made not just a football club, but a whole city be proud of who they are, who reinvigorated a people, who understood what this football club and city is all about. Once again I was enjoying going to the matches, I felt no matter where we finished under Keegan we would give it our best shot, and play football the way he and us believe it should be played. I honestly felt like I was 10 again, the aura of the man made me realise why I hold him in such high regards. As he said before the Old Trafford game when I felt it was simply a case of damaged limitation "I've told the players, the headlines aren't written, we write these headlines." It's that optimism, that enthusiasm that gave me that feeling of being a child again.

Then the day Keegan walked that was all gone, simply I don't blame him for going if the circumstances are true, I blame those above him for that, I blame those above him for ruining not just my dreams but the dreams of a people. The dreams of a man who had unfinished business. Events since have proven to me who was to blame, simply due to the sheer incompetency of those running the club. People may now hold the main in disdain, but for me he will always be the man who taught us that impossible was nothing, who showed us what it was like to be where we belong, a man who understood what you were feeling.

Thanks for everything Kevin.

Everyone knows my affection for Kevin Keegan, and yes of course I am biased towards Keegan. Especially when it comes to people like Mike Ashley, everyone Keegan has done for us in the past is why I believe he went for the right reasons. When it comes down to it, I would always choose Kevin Keegan over Mike Ashley, without a shadow of a doubt. Obviously some people disagree with me but that's life.

The day Mike Ashley chose his structure or more so his personnel over Keegan for me was the day he burnt his bridges with the club for me. It's true I will never forgive Ashley for allowing things to happen, that's right Mike Ashley. At the end of the day the buck stops with him, he is the man who has been naive and appointed all of the wrong people. Some may say Keegan too, I will agree with that to an extent. And that is simply due to the way his role was defined. Yet if he was given free reign things could have been so different for us.

I am fully aware of the fact we would not have been challenging for the big prize with Keegan in charge again, I never once believe we could do such a thing. Although the propaganda from the hierarchy at the time did make me think anything was possible.

Before Keegan was re-appointed I was not for it at all nor did I believe such could happen. Although I should have known better knowing what this club was like. I was of the belief that Kevin's time in football was over and he was destined to be a memory of everything that this club could potentially be. However, upon hearing that he had been re-appointed I can't describe the emotion I felt. Part of me told myself to think with my head, he had been out of the game for a few seasons, appeared to have fallen out of love with all things football, but then my heart told me this is Kevin Keegan, this is the man who not once, but twice made not just a football club, but a whole city be proud of who they are, who reinvigorated a people, who understood what this football club and city is all about. Once again I was enjoying going to the matches, I felt no matter where we finished under Keegan we would give it our best shot, and play football the way he and us believe it should be played. I honestly felt like I was 10 again, the aura of the man made me realise why I hold him in such high regards. As he said before the Old Trafford game when I felt it was simply a case of damaged limitation "I've told the players, the headlines aren't written, we write these headlines." It's that optimism, that enthusiasm that gave me that feeling of being a child again.

Then the day Keegan walked that was all gone, simply I don't blame him for going if the circumstances are true, I blame those above him for that, I blame those above him for ruining not just my dreams but the dreams of a people. The dreams of a man who had unfinished business. Events since have proven to me who was to blame, simply due to the sheer incompetency of those running the club. People may now hold the main in disdain, but for me he will always be the man who taught us that impossible was nothing, who showed us what it was like to be where we belong, a man who understood what you were feeling.

One of the greatest posts you have ever made mate.

tooj is my man

Excellent post.