The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

I think an erroneous or invented figure would not have been acknowledged nevermind corrected by anyone in the KK camp or by the board. Why would they? The issue is still not resolved. There are still legal implications which is why Llambias couldn't even talk about Nacho in the interview a week back.

I do have to say that you're a total fuckwit for believing that anyone who questions the veracity of newspaper reports is automatically a Keegan fan. You're conflating the issue of believing in newspaper reports with believing that Keegan is right. I have my views of the situation between KK and the board but they don't affect my logic in questioning the truth of newspaper reports. I'm disappointed to see that this is not the same for you.

I'll repeat the point that johnny made earlier: the 240 articles that you mentioned are only articles that relate to the tribunal, many of which in fact do not mention an exact figure. Of the first five, as johnny checked, only one actually mentions the £9m figure and its source is actually another newspaper report! This is not fucking reliable. And questioning it does not make anyone a 'Keegan fan'.

Anyway, weren't 90% of the people on this forum, me included, questioning every newspaper report in the previous summer? What's changed? You can say some of the stuff that was coming out from the media at that time was being fed by KK and that's why they painted the picture they did, but what benefit does KK have for revealing the figure that he's seeking? Why not keep it a secret? Wouldn't it be a better PR move not to reveal it?

I also don't understand why you're so desperate to paint Keegan in such a bad light. You're the opposite of those who blame everything that happened on the 1st of September on the board, even though they and pretty much the rest of us, do not know what actually happened. It's close-minded and petty; 'aah everything KK does must be because he's selfish and he's always wrong no matter what' = 'ah Ashley is a fat fucker who's looking to bleed the club dry by putting in millions of pounds each year just to make sure we can the bills'. You don't know the figure. Neither do I or anyone else, but we're not the one twisting shit around to support our views.

:lol:

He's suing the club for £9 million. Face it.

It's got fuck all to do with me trying to "paint" anything.

It is a fact.

My apologies if it's inconvenient for your belief system.

Hey, are any of you guys interested in this beautiful Tyne Bridge I have for sale?

It's got f*** all to do with me trying to "paint" anything.

It is a fact.

Hey, are any of you guys interested in this beautiful Tyne Bridge I have for sale?

Suing the club for OBVIOUSLY valid reasons or he wouldnt have a case right?  If the people above him stuck to their job descriptions and been good boys they may be £9 million pounds better off come next season.

Like i say, if a manager was sacked he would want his compensation.  Same thing.

Poor, poor Kevin. It must have been earth-shattering to have to work with Dennis Wise and not have enough money to buy Lionel Messi. Let's give him £9 million to compensate for all that terrible suffering.

It all boils down ironically to the thing many are criticising KK of being - selfish. We selfishly expect an unhappy man to stick to his job just for us. We expect him to get on with people just for us. We expect him to forsake money just for us. We expect players to stay here for life just for us. We expect the owner to pump in his own money out of his own pocket just for us. We expect him to just f*** off and sell up even at a loss just for us. We expect him to pick KK over Wise just for us. We expect Wise to f*** off just for us.

We expect too much of other people who I'll let you into a little secret do not and never will see things as we do where our club is concerned, be it KK or Shay Given, Ashley or Wise.

Poor us more like...

If players and managers didn't claim to "love the club and its fans" and kiss their badges then people wouldn't expect so much of them.  You can't just say things you don't mean and then expect a free pass when you prove you didn't really mean it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09/05/kevin-keegan-quits-newcastle-and-sparks-8million-compensation-battle-115875-20724577/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/03/newcastleunited?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-get-pound8m-keegan-claim-1052768.html

Three articles claiming it's £8m. Minor difference, I know, but a difference all the same. Note that all of this is still press speculation with not even a single article having a reputable and official source. This is not a matter of, as you say, 'public record'.

It is a fact.

Suing the club for OBVIOUSLY valid reasons or he wouldnt have a case right?  If the people above him stuck to their job descriptions and been good boys they may be £9 million pounds better off come next season.

Like i say, if a manager was sacked he would want his compensation.  Same thing.

Managers get compensation which amounts to the remainder of their contract.  He was here 9 months, so what kind of contract do you believe he was on to warrant £9 million compensation?

It is a fact.

Managers get compensation which amounts to the remainder of there contract.  He was here 9 months, so what kind of f***ing contract do you believe he was on to warrant £9 million compensation?

Im using the press figure of 9million, which is probably off.  If he was being forced out - which is very possible - if the 3 of them didnt have a good working relationship, he felt couldnt do the job he was employed to do.  He wouldn't stand there and take it.

The timing - transfer deadline was obviously very dissapointed.  Also look at his body language after the Coventry game talking about James Milners future something disturbed him.

Hopefully the truth will come out

It is a fact.

Managers get compensation which amounts to the remainder of there contract.  He was here 9 months, so what kind of f***ing contract do you believe he was on to warrant £9 million compensation?

Im using the press figure of 9million, which is probably off.  If he was being forced out - which is very possible - if the 3 of them didnt have a good working relationship, he felt couldnt do the job he was employed to do.  He wouldn't stand there and take it.

The timing - transfer deadline was obviously very dissapointed.  Also look at his body language after the Coventry game talking about James Milners future something disturbed him.

Hopefully the truth will come out

If i`ve browsed through this right this might help with the figures. It depends what wage he was on.

I represented someone at an employment tribunal recently. We proved constructive dismissal, meaning she could no longer do her job employed to do for various reasons. She got full pay from the date she walked out to the day the case was closed. On top of that she got certain % multiplyiers for inconvinience, money lost, costs, interest at 8% and many other factors. She was owed about £80. We walked away with £4000 and we didnt go for everything entitled too as she was pleased with £4000.

I also don't understand why you're so desperate to paint Keegan in such a bad light. You're the opposite of those who blame everything that happened on the 1st of September on the board, even though they and pretty much the rest of us, do not know what actually happened. It's close-minded and petty; 'aah everything KK does must be because he's selfish and he's always wrong no matter what' = 'ah Ashley is a fat fucker who's looking to bleed the club dry by putting in millions of pounds each year just to make sure we can the bills'. You don't know the figure. Neither do I or anyone else, but we're not the one twisting shit around to support our views.

:thup:

couldnt give a fuck about keegan, he's a private individual and has no formal affiliation with the club. if he doesnt have a legitimiate claim, tough shit for him, if he does, tough shit for Ashley and his board for being daft. not that it 'proves' anything about what happened in the summer. i wouldnt be surprised if he was claiming £9m, not because he is evil, but because that is what his lawyers said he is entitled to due to the length + size of his contract. but i also wouldnt be surprised if he settles for a lot less.

but whether Keegan is greedy or not, or loves or hates us, or wants to piss on the club crest, is irrelevant. for some ashley apologists i do wonder if the focus on keegan (or other distractions like NUSC) is a way to deflect attention. you focus on some detail that is in the scheme of things unimportant, such as the size of a payout or the minutae of michael teasdale's annotations, and condense the whole debate down to that.

• 2 months later...

Well, well,

If we are Relegated, Ashley will lose in the Region of 30-40 Million,..

I believe if he Had backed keegan to this tune, and not overuled him with Dennis Wise, we would be looking to Europe next season. And in fact, his investment would therefore have cost him nothing,....FOOL.

Well, well,

I believe if he Had backed keegan to this tune, and not overuled him with Dennis Wise, we would be looking to Europe next season. And in fact, his investment would therefore have cost him nothing,....FOOL.

:thup:

Well, well,

I believe that if Keegan had grown a pair and stayed anyway, we wouldn't be getting relegated either.

Well, well,

I believe that if Keegan had grown a pair and stayed anyway, we wouldn't be getting relegated either.

Quit on principle, and has been proven right.

Well, well,

Must be nice for him.

Well, well,

If you look how well the season startet with Man Utd away and the win over Bolton... the Carling Cup... we maybe even would be looking to Europe this season (Be it through one of the cups or the league)

Well, well,

If you look how well the season startet with Man Utd away and the win over Bolton... the Carling Cup... we maybe even would be looking to Europe this season (Be it through one of the cups or the league)

Who knows.

Well, well,

Must be nice for him.

Watch it mate, remember, you arnt from Newcastle, you couldnt possibly understand what Kevin Keegan means to this club.

Watching Sir Bob in the stands today as this shit unfolded completely cut a cold one through the heart.

Still many walk this earth saying he was 'right to be sacked.'

The moment that axe fell, this club's decline was inevitable. That we would fall this far so far, nobody would've guessed.

Sure. But neither would we if Ashley & Co didn't fuck up every decision from then on and until Shearer was appointed manager for the last 8 games. If Keegan knew them to be that incompetent, then he was right to resign. If he didn't, then surely he can't be held to blame for our pending relegation.