The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Here we ago again,...here we go again, :clap2:

Here we go again,....here we go again, :clap2:

Keegan, 1st , 3rd, 6th, 2nd , 2nd,...55% win rate highest in the clubs history.

Well, that the second second is certainly not his. He'd already spat his dummy out and fucked off by the end of that season.

God help them, he will just get a huff on about something and leave like he always does then sue for compen  :thdn:

If KK left without provocation, then why did no half decent manager want to take his place at NUFC?

On the other hand, why hasn't there been a queue of clubs saying, "Here you go Kev, it's all yours"?

Because a lot of people in football fall for the oft peddled myth that he's a quitter rather than a man of principle. Given the present circumstances my money would be on Southampton returning to the Premiership before we do; he gets teams promoted.

At this point in time, and if they get Keegan, that'd be a good bet.

I just can't understand why any NUFC fan can be negative towards Keegan.

either too young,

stupid,

deliberate agitator,

or an arse hole

Tbh, the people who do have question marks about him have exactly the same views that Ginola & Beresford had on that programme a few weeks ago.

Both of those felt let down/betrayed that Keegan walked out when he did first time, in a similar way some fans feel let down by him this time.

I think everyone felt let down/betrayed at the time its only when the dust settles you find out reasons. he still left us at the peak and with the best team we had in decades.  I bet if we pushed on under another manager won summik people would be saying "he helped kick start the club" but instead the club has been on a fcking m,assive decline with only SBR getting us in any decent positions again.

Everything else has been utter f***ing shyte.

the dust settled a long time ago....why did he leave the first time ?

The dust pissed off because of people like freddy shepherd who became less interested in winning summik and we more intrested by how much coin they could bring in.

The very same freddy shepherd who is fucking hated on these forums.

Here we ago again,...here we go again, :clap2:

Here we go again,....here we go again, :clap2:

Keegan, 1st , 3rd, 6th, 2nd , 2nd,...55% win rate highest in the clubs history.

Well, that the second second is certainly not his. He'd already spat his dummy out and fucked off by the end of that season.

he did over half the season, and it was his team.

Weren't we about 4th or 5th when he left? It was Dalglish who took us into the Champions League.

You might as well say Souness got us 7th in 2006.

A fully built KK team tho.

And you can never sa that the 7th finish under Roeder was a Souness team cos that team was made up of bits n bobs of other managers casts offs.

Weren't we about 4th or 5th when he left? It was Dalglish who took us into the Champions League.

4th or 5th in the premier league, its shit isnt it :no:

And you can never sa that the 7th finish under Roeder was a Souness team cos that team was made up of bits n bobs of other managers casts offs.

That's true, but I'm not convinced we'd have finished 2nd under Keegan. Some of the results towards the end (the 1-0 at Arsenal, 0-0 at Man Utd in particular), I'm not convinced we'd have got under Keegan. Apart from that Spurs 7-1, we were pretty poor in the last 2 months of Keegan's reign.

4th or 5th in the premier league, its s*** isnt it :no:

Course it isn't.

For what it's worth, had Keegan stayed I reckon we'd have spent the next 2-3 seasons around about 4th-6th rather than lower mid-table until Robson arrived.

That's true, but I'm not convinced we'd have finished 2nd under Keegan. Some of the results towards the end (the 1-0 at Arsenal, 0-0 at Man Utd in particular), I'm not convinced we'd have got under Keegan. Apart from that Spurs 7-1, we were pretty poor in the last 2 months of Keegan's reign.

We had a poor winter period but looked like we had turned the corner when we hoofed spurs and thrashed Leeds at home.

4th or 5th in the premier league, its s*** isnt it :no:

Course it isn't.

For what it's worth, had Keegan stayed I reckon we'd have spent the next 2-3 seasons around about 4th-6th rather than lower mid-table until Robson arrived.

Nah, we were treets ahead of some teams, mind you in a scenario of KK still being at nufc and with wenger being at arsenal we may have head our noses pushed out a bit but no way down to 6th.

Didn't he leave though because he was told he was going to have to sell players with the club becoming a PLC?

he left because he was told that he would have to sell to buy, he had already bought a and built a title challenging team, the board changed to wanting to make money rather then win summik.  Having said that KD was still given some canny wedge to spend.

In that scenario of KK staying you'd have to imagine that he wouldn;t have had to sell anyone. if he stayed of course.

Didn't he leave though because he was told he was going to have to sell players with the club becoming a PLC?

he left because he was told that he would have to sell to buy, he had already bought a and built a title challenging team, the board changed to wanting to make money rather then win summik.  Having said that KD was still given some canny wedge to spend.

In that scenario of KK staying you'd have to imagine that he wouldn;t have had to sell anyone. if he stayed of course.

see what i mean. a definitive reason why he left has never been established. he himself used the "the club was becoming a plc and i was going to have to commit to longer than i felt happy with" reason. also the  " i wasn't happy with how the club would be ran as a plc" reason and at the time the "i've taking them as far as i can" reason. doug and fred reckon they got rid of him and there was the story he left after giving yet another ultimatum about signing beppe signori.

one of them may be true.

see what i mean. a definitive reason why he left has never been established. he himself used the "the club was becoming a plc and i was going to have to commit to longer than i felt happy with" reason. also the  " i wasn't happy with how the club would be ran as a plc" reason and at the time the "i've taking them as far as i can" reason. doug and fred reckon they got rid of him and there was the story he left after giving yet another ultimatum about signing beppe signori.

one of them may be true.

I believe, a number of these factors, plus Kevs, career long Itchy feet,

one of them may be true.

There was also the "I felt sorry for Gerry Francis after tonking Spurs because the fun's gone out of it" reason.

I'd love him back to be honest - deffo unfinished business.  We started well earlier this eason (was it really just this season).  Keegan needs to be able to spend mind- if we got the right backers, it'd be fun!

Some people never learn ,how many times does it take to sink in he is a quitter and always will be and letting him back will end in despair and more heartache and imho Keegan quitting = our downfall last season as the clowns in power couldnt hand it and thats another story.

Guest wshmag

I'd love him back to be honest - deffo unfinished business.  We started well earlier this eason (was it really just this season).  Keegan needs to be able to spend mind- if we got the right backers, it'd be fun!

Some people never learn ,how many times does it take to sink in he is a quitter and always will be and letting him back will end in despair and more heartache and imho Keegan quitting = our downfall last season as the clowns in power couldnt hand it and thats another story.

if paulie gualtieri says keegan should come back,who are you to argue ?

oh shit gonna wake up beside a horses heed  :frantic:

Guest wshmag

oh shit gonna wake up beside a horses heed  :frantic:

no, that's the godfather.

Keegan bottled it because of Ashley's naive mistakes. However the fact remains that Keegan put his own personal beliefs before the well being of the club. His choice = our loss.