The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Is The Hostility from younger members towards KK, because they were too young, and missed the greatest NUFC team in modern times?

If so, i understand, you have my sympathies, it must be shit to have missed out on it, cos if was fucking fantastic, and i lived it, home and away.

And all you boys have is this shit, no wonder you look back with spite and green eyes...

but its not Kevin Keegans fault he was brilliant , and all our other managers,( excluding SBR),  have been Toss.

To me what he did brilliantly for us in the past acts to fuel the fact he let us down this time. If he chose to come back then he should have stuck it out.

Almost as if he deliberately tarnished his rep.

He's a cock. I remember laughing at my Man City mate when he said that Keegan would do well. Well he didn't and he never will, and do you now why, because he's s***. This whole argument is a PR plot that back fired.

Who honestly thought KK would have won us the the title (THIS YEAR!!!!) or the FA cup. Yes, some odd deluded t*** that really did think that

kk was the second coming of the Messiah. The guy can not manage to save his life.

Would you tell your boss to shove his job where the sun don't shine? No. You need the money.

The man was employed as a puppet and it should have stayed that way, and if we go down it's the constituents who are to blame.

ha ha, go have a word with yourself mate.

Nobody expected him to win anything with NUFC but he would have given us much needed stability AND have us playing half decent football.

And i'll tell you summik about man city, did he not get them promoted?  Did he not stabalise their prem status, with little funds? Actually he had some decent finds and didnt really do much with then. They fought relegation pretty much every season.   He still stablised a yo yo club where many managers failed in the past, pretty good considering man city spent some time in the third divisionFair enough, but he did have a decent amount of money there and Anelka aside he bought pretty poorly.

Did he not get Fulham promoted and stabalise their prem status. Actually, he got them promoted but left for the England job Still a promotion tho. Yep, you're right, but there are plenty of managers who have done this, it also helped being backed by Al Fayed

Actually , didnt want to leave for England, But Mohamed al fayed did a deal with the FA for Compensastion........CP40I didnt realise that, i knew he didnt walk out on the club.

Did he not save us from the third division and then won promotion the next season, THEN after that storming to a thrid place finish in the prem with us? Yes, 17 years ago.  Still better then anyone has done for us since.True, but SBR prved that it wasnt a freak thing, he took over a squad which had be taken apart but he proved that we werent far from realsising our ptotential. yet he doesnt get the accolade maybe he deserves.

DID HE NOT BUILD THE BEST NUFC SIDE THAT ANYONE ON HERE HAS EVER SEEN? Yes

Last season did he also not find a way to play Owen, Martins and Viduka in the same team and have them scoring goals, while the self acclaimed tactical genius of Allerdyce struggled to get the ball to any of them.  So? Well, after all the bull s*** surronding Allerdyce from his media pals, did KK not show Allderyce up for what he really was.  A defensive clogger. Allardyce isnt highly rated by too may in football, certainly not the levels that we rateKeegan.

Seriously man, stop having a pop at one of the best managers we've had at this club when you look at the knackers which have come and gone since.

Souness, Allerdyce, Roeder, Fuckingkinnear.

Ahh yes, the old 15 years ago achievement routine. Classic.

:rolleyes:

He's a cock. I remember laughing at my Man City mate when he said that Keegan would do well. Well he didn't and he never will, and do you now why, because he's s***. This whole argument is a PR plot that back fired.

Who honestly thought KK would have won us the the title (THIS YEAR!!!!) or the FA cup. Yes, some odd deluded t*** that really did think that

kk was the second coming of the Messiah. The guy can not manage to save his life.

Would you tell your boss to shove his job where the sun don't shine? No. You need the money.

The man was employed as a puppet and it should have stayed that way, and if we go down it's the constituents who are to blame.

Nobody expected him to win anything with NUFC but he would have given us much needed stability AND have us playing half decent football.

And i'll tell you summik about man city, did he not get them promoted?  Did he not stabalise their prem status, with little funds?

Did he not get Fulham promoted and stabalise their prem status.

Did he not save us from the third division and then won promotion the next season, THEN after that storming to a thrid place finish in the prem with us?

DID HE NOT BUILD THE BEST NUFC SIDE THAT ANYONE ON HERE HAS EVER SEEN?

Last season did he also not find a way to play Owen, Martins and Viduka in the same team and have them scoring goals, while the self acclaimed tactical genius of Allerdyce struggled to get the ball to any of them.

Seriously man, stop having a pop at one of the best managers we've had at this club when you look at the knackers which have come and gone since.

Ahhh yes ignoring facts and history again to bend a twist an argument.

Did he or did he not find a way to play Martins, Viduka and Owen AND have them scoring goals? 

Did Allerdyce have the same 3 players scoring goals?  Erm, NO.

Sorry like but some of you people having a pop at KK need to have a word with yourselves. 

By no means was he perfect but I know who I'd rather have as manager over the plebs which have been here in recent years.

Feel free to read the edit made to your original post. Its not me who's twisting history, just pointing out that his most notable achievment at any club was 15 years ago.

He did great things for this club, but he gets afforded far more credit than he deserves in a footballing context - i perfectly understand his affiliation with newcastle and know why he's held in high regard but when it comes to judgin him as manager - he was nothing special.

YOUr f***ing insane. :cheesy:

1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd,......nothing special....

No, nothing special it terms of other managerial achievments.

If he didnt quit the 1st (2nd ;) ) time round i firmly believe he could of been one of the best managers out there, possiliby up there with Wenger and Fergie, could of built a true dynasty here.

He was never going to be able to build a dynasty here, once the Halls decided to float NUFC it was clear he was going to have to flog players to bring players in.  Thats no way run a top side.

KK was having none of it.

[/quote

You think? I dont know the implications of turinign to a PLC but i dont see what he'd of had to do that most managers out there havent done in the past, isnt that pasrt and parcel of being a great manager?

The thing is though, that we ended up being finanacially stronger in years to come. do you not think Keegan would of thrived with the fiannaces that the others managers recieved?

And i'll tell you summik about man city, did he not get them promoted?  Did he not stabalise their prem status, with little funds?

Did he not get Fulham promoted and stabalise their prem status.

Did he not save us from the third division and then won promotion the next season, THEN after that storming to a thrid place finish in the prem with us?

DID HE NOT BUILD THE BEST NUFC SIDE THAT ANYONE ON HERE HAS EVER SEEN?

Last season did he also not find a way to play Owen, Martins and Viduka in the same team and have them scoring goals, while the self acclaimed tactical genius of Allerdyce struggled to get the ball to any of them.

Ahhh yes ignoring facts and history again to bend a twist an argument.

Did he or did he not find a way to play Martins, Viduka and Owen AND have them scoring goals? 

Did Allerdyce have the same 3 players scoring goals?  Erm, NO.

Sorry like but some of you people having a pop at KK need to have a word with yourselves. 

By no means was he perfect but I know who I'd rather have as manager over the plebs which have been here in recent years.

Feel free to read the edit made to your original post. Its not me who's twisting history, just pointing out that his most notable achievment at any club was 15 years ago.

He did great things for this club, but he gets afforded far more credit than he deserves in a footballing context - i perfectly understand his affiliation with newcastle and know why he's held in high regard but when it comes to judgin him as manager - he was nothing special.

YOUr f***ing insane. :cheesy:

1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd,......nothing special....

No, nothing special it terms of other managerial achievments.

If he didnt quit the 1st (2nd ;) ) time round i firmly believe he could of been one of the best managers out there, possiliby up there with Wenger and Fergie, could of built a true dynasty here.

He was never going to be able to build a dynasty here, once the Halls decided to float NUFC it was clear he was going to have to flog players to bring players in.  Thats no way run a top side.

KK was having none of it.

[/quote

You think? I dont know the implications of turinign to a PLC but i dont see what he'd of had to do that most managers out there havent done in the past, isnt that pasrt and parcel of being a great manager?

The thing is though, that we ended up being finanacially stronger in years to come. do you not think Keegan would of thrived with the fiannaces that the others managers recieved?

Ok take your point on that most managers do have to sell players to bring in new faces.  Did Fergie?  Did Wenger? 

No, We were competing with Man U at the time.

And this PLC business, look at who was braought in after we flogged a few.

Barnes, RUSH (FFS), Adreas Anderson (FFS)

Did we become financially stronger?, I thought Shepherd was running up our overdraft.  Thats not financially stable.  Look at us now, not a pot to piss in.

Is The Hostility from younger members towards KK, because they were too young, and missed the greatest NUFC team in modern times?

If so, i understand, you have my sympathies, it must be shit to have missed out on it, cos if was fucking fantastic, and i lived it, home and away.

And all you boys have is this shit, no wonder you look back with spite and green eyes...

but its not Kevin Keegans fault he was brilliant , and all our other managers,( excluding SBR),  have been Toss.

You sound like a right dick when you bang on about age this age that. I saw it (and a little before) and it was great, but Keegan is still a bottling cunt that left us right in the shit...again.

If so, i understand, you have my sympathies, it must be s*** to have missed out on it, cos if was f***ing fantastic, and i lived it, home and away.

And all you boys have is this s***, no wonder you look back with spite and green eyes...

You sound like a right dick when you bang on about age this age that. I saw it (and a little before) and it was great, but Keegan is still a bottling c*** that left us right in the s***...again.

No need to call people dicks man, surely you can argue your point without that man.

What do you mean again?

If so, i understand, you have my sympathies, it must be s*** to have missed out on it, cos if was f***ing fantastic, and i lived it, home and away.

And all you boys have is this s***, no wonder you look back with spite and green eyes...

You sound like a right dick when you bang on about age this age that. I saw it (and a little before) and it was great, but Keegan is still a bottling c*** that left us right in the s***...again.

No need to call people dicks man, surely you can argue your point without that man.

What do you mean again?

Hang on, all i've seen from cp40 for the last several days is him banging on (like a dick) about being there and why the younger fans have a problem with KK. Well i was there, and i do have a fuking problem with him.

He's bottled it twice when something above him went the way he didn't like. Once was acceptable, twice he can kiss my arse.

What do you mean again?

let him have his Dick moment, i think i have hit the nail square on the head tho,

What do you mean again?

let him have his Dick moment, i think i have hit the nail square on the head tho,

Unfortunately you really haven't.

Just another toon fan living in the past, too scared to look anywhere but back, and i don't blame, the future is bleak at best.

He's bottled it twice when something above him went the way he didn't like. Once was acceptable, twice he can kiss my arse.

Amen. In 97 I was gutted. Much like a lot now, the man, the legend, he's gone, why? bla bla bla... was also annoyed of his timing because what the hell do we do now, but he was excused as he had his reasons I guessed.

Now this puts everything into perspective again. What was the fucking point this time around, Kev? I do wonder. Bye now.

Amen. In 97 I was gutted. Much like a lot now, the man, the legend, he's gone, why? bla bla bla... was also annoyed of his timing because what the hell do we do now, but he was excused as he had his reasons I guessed.

Now this puts everything into perspective again. What was the fucking point Kev? I do wonder. Bye now.

When he left 1st time i was devastated, near tears, inconsolable, no sport had hurt me as much as that before. Second time thicker skin, expected it and just felt let down by him.

He's supposed to love this club, he loves his principles more than this club, therefore never a true fan because a true fan would have fought our corner, i would have, you would have, anyone on here would have.

What do you mean again?

Hang on, all i've seen from cp40 for the last several days is him banging on (like a dick) about being there and why the younger fans have a problem with KK. Well i was there, and i do have a fuking problem with him.

i only do it , cos you love it so much TT.

What do you mean again?

You're a big toon fan, and a bigger Keegan fan, i understand why you opinions on this are clouded at best.

Now this puts everything into perspective again. What was the f***ing point this time around, Kev? I do wonder. Bye now.

Bottled it?  he quit becuase the club was floated and he was being forced to flog before he bought.  We were competing with manu at the time and giving as good as we got.  Sadly the board members got super greedy.  So he left on principle.

He left the club in a cracking postion with the best team we had seen in recent times. 

The second time, most recently he was obviously promised funds for players and then t eventually done over by the wankers running the club.

What do you mean again?

You're a big toon fan, and a bigger Keegan fan, i understand why you opinions on this are clouded at best.

Big toon fan,......bigger Keegan , than Ashley fan.

I'm going to bed, this could go on all night.

See you all in the Championship next season............

Oh and dont forget to buy the new toon top, a Lonsdale one with Sprts Direct on it as our new sponsor.

Guest Chris P

Now this puts everything into perspective again. What was the f***ing point this time around, Kev? I do wonder. Bye now.

Bottled it?  he quit becuase the club was floated and he was being forced to flog before he bought.  We were competing with manu at the time and giving as good as we got.  Sadly the board members got super greedy.  So he left on principle.

He left the club in a cracking postion with the best team we had seen in recent times. 

The second time, most recently he was obviously promised funds for players and then t eventually done over by the wankers running the club.

i rest my case

Oh and dont forget to buy the new toon top, a Lonsdale one with Sprts Direct on it as our new sponsor.

As always if we criticise Keegan we must love Ashley i see.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

As always if we criticise Keegan we must love Ashley i see.

One of them had the clubs interests at heart, the other is a fat cockney spiv. You decide.

One of them had the clubs interests at heart,

Did he fuck. That's what he says, his actions spoke much louder though. As TT pointed out he was more in love with his own principles than this club.

Yes, he quit at a bad time.

But its so sad the way he was completely messed about, and how Ashley has seemingly tarnished Keegan's reputation with some people seeing him as bieng a 'whatever'. Alex Ferguson & Arsene Wenger backed him up, he was beeing treated like a fool, it was humiliation.

He was clearly told the Milner money would be invested in the team, and we'd no doubt be better for it. So he tells the fans the news about that. Then its quite simply not! How can he bang on & on about needing 2 full-backs and then the regime turn around and say 'na, here you go, no full-backs, the season has started; carry on in a forwardly motion'. He did not sign up for that! The set-up consisted of 'probably having to put up and be happy with a threadbare squad'.

Why should he stay if he, rightly bloody so like any manager, cant feel comfortable working under pathetic conditions, he was left to hung out to dry man! He'd be bieng false, any manager would be humiliated and angry at the same treatment.