The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

Dennis Wise > Kevin Keegan

Rest my case, one of them had to go for future of NUFC to work and us to run properly, since then we have been so rosy :D

You rest your case?  :lol:

Fuking hell, amateur LA Law here like?  :doh:

Lol that as it may.  You can't possibly rate Wise over Keegan, no one would/should.

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

Rest my case, one of them had to go for future of NUFC to work and us to run properly, since then we have been so rosy :D

Lol that as it may.  You can't possibly rate Wise over Keegan, no one would/should.

I can't remember me saying i do, you are arguing points that have never existed.

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

I can't remember me saying i do, you are arguing points that have never existed.

If Ashley compromised with Keegan he would still be here but Ashley wouldn't budge.  The whole fall-out was caused by the Wise man we have no idea what happened behind the scenes or that Keegan didn't give a shit - i would wager he cared a lot more than all of them.

Guest The Libertine

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

If Ashley compromised with Keegan he would still be here but Ashley wouldn't budge.  The whole fall-out was caused by the Wise man we have no idea what happened behind the scenes or that Keegan didn't give a shit - i would wager he cared a lot more than all of them.

nice.

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

If Ashley compromised with Keegan he would still be here but Ashley wouldn't budge.  The whole fall-out was caused by the Wise man we have no idea what happened behind the scenes or that Keegan didn't give a s*** - i would wager he cared a lot more than all of them.

nice.

..other than a fall out between the two!  we dont know what caused this really, how the problem was handled, was Ashley aware of it or not, when was he made aware of it - when Keegan stormed out?  Why were there reports from his friends saying he was fired?  Why was there no communication with the fans for ages? were they hoping he would return?

Read between  the lines

Guest The Libertine

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

If Ashley compromised with Keegan he would still be here but Ashley wouldn't budge.  The whole fall-out was caused by the Wise man we have no idea what happened behind the scenes or that Keegan didn't give a s*** - i would wager he cared a lot more than all of them.

nice.

..other than a fall out between the two!  we dont know what caused this really, how the problem was handled, was Ashley aware of it or not, when was he made aware of it - when Keegan stormed out?  Why were there reports from his friends saying he was fired?  Why was there no communication with the fans for ages? were they hoping he would return?

Read between  the lines

thats caused most of the problems. people just assuming ashley/wise etc is to blame based on "reading between the lines". if people could just focus on the facts we know then they'll be surprised at how little evidence there is other than "he said, she said".

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

nice.

Read between  the lines

thats caused most of the problems. people just assuming ashley/wise etc is to blame based on "reading between the lines". if people could just focus on the facts we know then they'll be surprised at how little evidence there is other than "he said, she said".

This, but on the other hand you'd still expect some of the presumptions that have been made to be the case.

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

nice.

Read between  the lines

Thats why i said we don't know what happened between the scenes - which you tried to ridicule.  I was pointing out to Toons Taylor that there is no reason to call Keegan such and such, when we dont really know what happenned.  Other than it involved Wise and Keegan and the Chairman.

Question for everyone

IF Sir Bobby quit after our 3rd place finish blaming no control on transfers would he be called a bottler, and didnt give a s*** about NUFC? As some people on here beggars belief

Has he a history of it? Debateable.

Also he did lose control over transfers but still wanted to soldier on for the club he loved....

SBR was 10 times the manager Keegan was, antoher reason why i dont understadn the messiah like status afforded to Keegan.

Exactly. SBR is the real McCoy imo as he came back to this club and lifted it back up to the heights (nearly) of the Keegan days, which is a much more difficult ask the second time around.

Question for everyone

IF Sir Bobby quit after our 3rd place finish blaming no control on transfers would he be called a bottler, and didnt give a shit about NUFC? As some people on here beggars belief

Also he did lose control over transfers but still wanted to soldier on for the club he loved....

SBR was 10 times the manager Keegan was, antoher reason why i dont understadn the messiah like status afforded to Keegan.

Bollox, if sbr was 10x the manager Keegan was, how come he had a lower win %,....see my sig,...

Question for everyone

IF Sir Bobby quit after our 3rd place finish blaming no control on transfers would he be called a bottler, and didnt give a shit about NUFC? As some people on here beggars belief

Bollox, if sbr was 10x the manager Keegan was, how come he had a lower win %,....see my sig,...

Ignore him man. Over his career of course SBR was a better manager than Keegan that can't be denied, but for us it was of course Keegan.

Question for everyone

Not wanting to be antagonistic but you could argue Keegan's team played in a less competitive league.

The economics of football in England changed dramatically post 96 and that rate of change continued up to and during Robson's time.

Question for everyone

Ignore him man. Over his career of course SBR was a better manager than Keegan that can't be denied, but for us it was of course Keegan.

Fucking hell, you think I'm arguing who's got the best stats for our club? Im not, the bit in bold is exactly what im arguing, if i got to choose which manager id want again, id go for SBR 10 time out of 10, becasue overall he's been the better manager, and i want the best managers at this club not the one who;s had his lucky spell here.

Its like saying you'd prefer to have Solano over Beckham. (Cue - Beckham is overated...) it makes no logical sense.

Question for everyone

Fucking hell, you think I'm arguing who's got the best stats for our club? Im not, the bit in bold is exactly what im arguing, if i got to choose which manager id want again, id go for SBR 10 time out of 10, becasue overall he's been the better manager, and i want the best managers at this club not the one who;s had his lucky spell here.

Its like saying you'd prefer to have Solano over Beckham. (Cue - Beckham is overated...) it makes no logical sense.

It was more your saying he was 10 times the manager Keegan was, which is a bit of an overstatement to make your point. We're a sensitive bunch you know. ;)

Question for everyone

It was more your saying he was 10 times the manager Keegan was, which is a bit of an overstatement to make your point. We're a sensitive bunch you know. ;)

:laugh:

Ok fair enough, i'll tone it down.

(Although i still stand by the stat) ;)

Question for everyone

Kevin Keegan  :lol:

Bobby Robson was a far superior manager he won 10 major trophies including the European Cup Winners' Cup, Uefa Cup, FA Cup ect he took England to the furthest they have been in a World Cup abroad ever and is the most successful Englishmen to manage abroad winning trophies in 3 different leagues Spain, Holland and Portugal.

Keegan won absolutely nothing.

Question for everyone

Bobby Robson was a far superior manager he won 10 major trophies including the European Cup Winners' Cup, Uefa Cup, FA Cup ect he took England to the furthest they have been in a World Cup abroad ever and is the most successful Englishmen to manage abroad winning trophies in 3 different leagues Spain, Holland and Portugal.

To be fair he did win 2 division one titles, and 1 division 2 title, dont take that away from him.

Question for everyone

Keegan won more games than any other newcastle manager, three promotions, including division tiltles.

Kevin keegan  ;D

Playing career

Liverpool Winner

First Division: 1972–73, 1975–76, 1976–77

UEFA Cup: 1972–73, 1975–76

FA Cup: 1973–74,

FA Charity Shield: 1974–75, 1976–77

European Cup: 1976–77

Runner Up

FA Cup: 1976–77

Hamburg

Winner

German Bundesliga: 1978–79

Runner Up

European Cup: 1979–80

Personal awards

Ballon d'Or: 1978, 1979.[13]

Inducted into the inaugural English Football Hall of Fame in 2002.[52]

Named 8th on the Liverpool FC list of 100 Players who shook the Kop

this bloke never wins anything.

Kevin keegan  ;D

Playing career

Liverpool Winner

First Division: 197273, 197576, 197677

UEFA Cup: 197273, 197576

FA Cup: 197374,

FA Charity Shield: 197475, 197677

European Cup: 197677

Runner Up

FA Cup: 197677

Hamburg

Winner

German Bundesliga: 197879

Runner Up

European Cup: 197980

Personal awards

Yeah not as a manager no.  :lol:

Kevin keegan  ;D

Playing career

Liverpool Winner

First Division: 1972–73, 1975–76, 1976–77

UEFA Cup: 1972–73, 1975–76

FA Cup: 1973–74,

FA Charity Shield: 1974–75, 1976–77

European Cup: 1976–77

Runner Up

FA Cup: 1976–77

Hamburg

Winner

German Bundesliga: 1978–79

Runner Up

European Cup: 1979–80

Personal awards

Fucking hell!  ;D

Question for everyone

<b>To be fair he did win 2 division one titles, and 1 division 2 title, dont take that away from him.</b>

Yeah better count that for him.  :thup:

'Yeah not as a manager no.' 

Apart from winning  more games than any other manager here,... but hey whos counting,.. who ever said football was about winning games,.. its great losing them too.

'Yeah not as a manager no.' 

Apart from winning  more games than any other manager here,... but hey whos counting,.. who ever said football was about winning games,.. its great losing them too.

Ultimately football is about winning titles and trophies and not games, although being a Newcastle fan it's easy to forget this.