The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Feel let down by him a bit although I in no way blame him for leaving, did he walk was he sacked? does it matter? what ever went on we know it was due to the transfer window and the lack of money spent and action from the club.

I don't think anyone believes KK took the job knowing transfers would be handled in that mannerm I am gutted at the lack of noise from KK since leaving though, yeah I know there will be a court case and all that so he has to watch what he saus but still would have been nice for him to say something.

One thing is for sure he should not ever return as manager here, even if under new ownership, I thank him for what he did for us and for the love he gives this club and its fans but that time has now gone, he should stick to teaching kids how to play the game he is a master at.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

One of them had the clubs interests at heart,

Did he fuck. That's what he says, his actions spoke much louder though. As TT pointed out he was more in love with his own principles than this club.

How do you work that one out? He wanted to improve the first team with better players and he wasn't allowed to do it.

Who do you think would have got the most stick if he'd carried on being made a muppet of, like Kinnear is, with the current squad, Keegan or Ashley?

He's a cock. I remember laughing at my Man City mate when he said that Keegan would do well. Well he didn't and he never will, and do you now why, because he's s***. This whole argument is a PR plot that back fired.

Who honestly thought KK would have won us the the title (THIS YEAR!!!!) or the FA cup. Yes, some odd deluded t*** that really did think that

kk was the second coming of the Messiah. The guy can not manage to save his life.

Would you tell your boss to shove his job where the sun don't shine? No. You need the money.

The man was employed as a puppet and it should have stayed that way, and if we go down it's the constituents who are to blame.

You my son are a ****  who knows fuck all and should not be allowed near a keyboard if you are going to type that sort of shit  :smug:

Toon's Taylor...

Mike Ashley chose ..

Dennis Wise > Kevin Keegan

Rest my case, one of them had to go for future of NUFC to work and us to run properly, since then we have been so rosy :D

Guest Darth Toon

A lot of the vitriol aimed at KK seems to be because of the timing of his leaving us - I remember at the time a lot of people saying he could at least have stuck it out until the Janaury window instead of leaving just as the other one was closing. Well here we are, and what's happening? Sweet FA yet again, pretty much as he obviously knew it would.

So if he had stayed would it be OK for him to leave now? Or does he now have to stay until summer to "prove how much he loves us" at the cost of his own reputation and principles? Bollocks man, KK actually tried to work with the shambles that is Wise, Ashley and Llambias, saw what a shower of incompetent shit they were and got the hell out. Everything we've seen since only serves to confirm the soundness of his judgement

I'm one of those who can remember KK as a player and manager, and he'll always have hero status in my eyes. Looking at some of the disrespectful, short termist, spoilt brat whining that passes for football support these days he's probably best off out of it.

He's bottled it twice when something above him went the way he didn't like. Once was acceptable, twice he can kiss my arse.

Amen. In 97 I was gutted. Much like a lot now, the man, the legend, he's gone, why? bla bla bla... was also annoyed of his timing because what the hell do we do now, but he was excused as he had his reasons I guessed.

Now this puts everything into perspective again. What was the fucking point this time around, Kev? I do wonder. Bye now.

It was quite obvious what the point was this time around.

The thing is, what is football about? Pride? Hope? The day when KK came back showed why I love football. The genuine buzz & excitemnet when I heard the words 'Keegans back', everyone's phone bieng blocked with all the networks down, unable to ring as if it was new year, and the buzz you could feel in the air.

People complain about some bieng obsessed about the past, and I understand that view point, but if some people are 'obsessed' about the past, then sometimes they kinda have a right to be. Because the magic that was brought by KK returning is the unique part of football & what makes me obsessed with this crazy game. 'Yes, its not garanteed he'll do brilliant, but if he does...'.

I know some people say Keegan coming back was a disaster waiting to happen, but imo, Ashley's regime/'structure' was a disaster waiting to happen whichever self respected manager came in. Keegan coming back for unfinished business and achieving the pinnical, potentially winning something under him - not only winning a trophy, but winning a trophy under a legend after waiting so long, is definetely what its about for me and something to strive for.

Forget all the good manager bad manager stuff,

Where the hell IS HE?

I heard Curbishley on Talkshite and it occurred to me that they left their jobs at the same time, Curbishley has popped up here and there but Keegan has disappeared of the face of this earth. 

Where the hell IS HE?

I heard Curbishley on Talkshite and it occurred to me that they left their jobs at the same time, Curbishley has popped up here and there but Keegan has disappeared of the face of this earth. 

There's a reason they're called the "Cockney Mafia".

Where the hell IS HE?

Curbs has no problem with being a pundit or a manager in the future. I doubt we'll ever see Keegan involved with football again.

Kevin Keegan, Newcastle manager, 92-97,  p 251, w138, d 52, L62...win percentage, 55%, the best in the clubs history.

Do you think Liverpool fans would have Dalglish back? Do you still think they rate him as a manager?

Where the hell IS HE?

There's a reason they're called the "Cockney Mafia".

:lol:

they probably wouldn't want him at this moment in time but i bet they'd have taken him post souness/roy evans, pre- gerard hula-hoop though

Well who do you rate higher? Keegan or Dalglish? What has Keegan achieved at nufc that Dalglish hasnt achieved at Liverpool. The timescales are similar, i doubt liverpool fans would be blinkered enough to hold the same torch for Dalglish that they do for Keegan, they certainly wouldnt protest like we did.

On a purely objective basis - Dalglish pisses all over Keegan as a manager, but we'd still think Keegan was better than Dalglsih....a few shade up from rose tinted id say.

they probably wouldn't want him at this moment in time but i bet they'd have taken him post souness/roy evans, pre- gerard hula-hoop though

Well who do you rate higher? Keegan or Dalglish? What has Keegan achieved at nufc that Dalglish hasnt achieved at Liverpool. The timescales are similar, i doubt liverpool fans would be blinkered enough to hold the same torch for Dalglish that they do for Keegan, they certainly wouldnt protest like we did.

Do you know who Keegan is?  Jesus wept.

He brought this club up through the divisions, established us, got us to the top and were the most entertaining side in England. 

Do you know who Keegan is? Jesus wept.

He brought this club up through the divisions, established us, got us to the top and were the most entertaining side in England.

So that makes him a better manager?

Its pretty futile arguing this, dalglish is by far a better manager than Keegan, the only place he's failed was nufc and even then he got us to the FA Cup, he also didnt get a great deal of time here. Keegan has achieved one notable thing in his managerial career, over 15 years ago and somehow is still regarded as highly as the likes of Houllier etc.

What if i compared him to Redknapp?

Question for everyone

IF Sir Bobby quit after our 3rd place finish blaming no control on transfers would he be called a bottler, and didnt give a shit about NUFC? As some people on here beggars belief

Do you know who Keegan is?  Jesus