The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

'Yeah not as a manager no.' 

Apart from winning  more games than any other manager here,... but hey whos counting,.. who ever said football was about winning games,.. its great losing them too.

Make your mind up what your point is.

Robson won nowt for us either like. Both good managers no doubt, and I'm sure Keegan would never have achieved half of what Robson did if he managed abroad. I'd still have Keegan ahead of Robson for us though. Call me a sentimental fool if you like.

Robson won nowt for us either like. Both good managers no doubt, and I'm sure Keegan would never have achieved half of what Robson did if he managed abroad. I'd still have Keegan ahead of Robson for us though. Call me a sentimental fool if you like.

Sentimental fool.

'Yeah not as a manager no.' 

Apart from winning  more games than any other manager here,... but hey whos counting,.. who ever said football was about winning games,.. its great losing them too.

Make your mind up what your point is.

that was a quote from somebody else.

my mind is made up,...i like watching us win games, Kevin keegan won more as a % than any other manager in my life,...

like i said , if on the other hand you like watching us lose, crack on, you must be loving it this season.

Me too.

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair he did win 2 division one titles, and 1 division 2 title, dont take that away from him.

You sneering at the 93 promotion like that proves to me you can't possibly be a NUFC supporter. How anyone can belittle that is beyond me. Shocking stuff. Although not to be unexpected on here these days  :undecided:

they probably wouldn't want him at this moment in time but i bet they'd have taken him post souness/roy evans, pre- gerard hula-hoop though

Well who do you rate higher? Keegan or Dalglish? What has Keegan achieved at nufc that Dalglish hasnt achieved at Liverpool. The timescales are similar, i doubt liverpool fans would be blinkered enough to hold the same torch for Dalglish that they do for Keegan, they certainly wouldnt protest like we did.

Do you know who Keegan is?  Jesus wept.

He brought this club up through the divisions, established us, got us to the top and were the most entertaining side in England. 

So that makes him a better manager?

Ye, have you seen a manager take over Exeter or a similiar club and storm through the divisions like he did, a few points off the title?  No?  Obviously.

Divisions?

Yeah, from "on the brink of the old third division" to the Premier League, that must be like three promotions?  ???

To be fair he did win 2 division one titles, and 1 division 2 title, dont take that away from him.

You sneering at the 93 promotion like that proves to me you can't possibly be a NUFC supporter. How anyone can belittle that is beyond me. Shocking stuff. Although not to be unexpected on here these days  :undecided:

Oh for fucks sake. ;D

The number of people wearing KK tinted specs is amazing. KK Vs SBR no contest at all. KK perhaps played slightly more entertaining football but in terms of tactics, dealing with players, composure and possibly transfer dealings, SBR thumps KK many times over. Plus SBR is a man of integrity, he saw the bigger picture and always thought of the club first. He would never walk away from us and leave us to rot, oh and trust me he had his fair share of shitty Chairman (cue for NE5 to join the thread  :frantic:)

The number of people wearing KK tinted specs is amazing. KK Vs SBR no contest at all. KK perhaps played slightly more entertaining football but in terms of tactics, dealing with players, composure and possibly transfer dealings, SBR thumps KK many times over. Plus SBR is a man of integrity, he saw the bigger picture and always thought of the club first. He would never walk away from us and leave us to rot, oh and trust me he had his fair share of shitty Chairman

:clap:

Edit the bits in brackets in order to avoid a hornets nest

The number of people wearing KK tinted specs is amazing. KK Vs SBR no contest at all. KK perhaps played slightly more entertaining football but in terms of tactics, dealing with players, composure and possibly transfer dealings, SBR thumps KK many times over. Plus SBR is a man of integrity, he saw the bigger picture and always thought of the club first. He would never walk away from us and leave us to rot, oh and trust me he had his fair share of shitty Chairman (cue for NE5 to join the thread  :frantic:)

Yes and no. SBR better manager, but Keegan did more for us than bobby did. Bottom of the second division to almost winning the top league (despite not spending as much as the media would have you believe) was a fantastic achievement.

Comparing Keegan with SBr is like comparing Nobby Solano with Beckham, one has had a great spell here and has developed a cult status the other is a genuine class player who's done it every where even at thehighest level.

Theres no comparison, I'd imagine that those who;d say they'd rather have Keegan back are the same ones who rate Solano higher than Keegan, the logic is pretty identical.

Comparing Keegan with SBr is like comparing Nobby Solano with Beckham, one has had a great spell here and has developed a cult status the other is a genuine class player who's done it every where even at thehighest level.

Theres no comparison, I'd imagine that those who;d say they'd rather have Keegan back are the same ones who rate Solano higher than Keegan, the logic is pretty identical.

yup, nailed

rate solano higher than Keegan???

talking bollox as usual.

talking bollox as usual.

Oh come on it was obviously a typo and Fredbob was referring to Solano over Beckham. You're just sidestepping the issue

talking bollox as usual.

Oh come on it was obviously a typo and Fredbob was referring to Solano over Beckham. You're just sidestepping the issue

i accept, Sbr was a more accomplished manager, than KK, but taking age into account, and the fact keegan , had a better record here. Plus the fact, Keegan has at least one good job left in him.