The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

I've heard Freshfields are advising Keegan's side from somebody in the legal profession.

Hmm - Chris Mort is a Freshfields partner and they have been Ashley's corporate lawyers for several years, so who is working for the club on this?

It's interesting that all parties are supposed to have signed a "reveal nothing" agreement and yet the word seems to be going around that Ashley has offered £4 million to settle because he's crapping himself about emails that KK has produced  :lol:

I think if a settlement is offered and rejected and then the legal action results in a lower figure being awarded then the plaintiff (KK) is on risk for picking up the costs - anyone on here know whether that's right?

I've heard Freshfields are advising Keegan's side from somebody in the legal profession.

Hmm - Chris Mort is a Freshfields partner and they have been Ashley's corporate lawyers for several years, so who is working for the club on this?

It's interesting that all parties are supposed to have signed a "reveal nothing" agreement and yet the word seems to be going around that Ashley has offered £4 million to settle because he's crapping himself about emails that KK has produced  :lol:

I think if a settlement is offered and rejected and then the legal action results in a lower figure being awarded then the plaintiff (KK) is on risk for picking up the costs - anyone on here know whether that's right?

Graham Shear of Teacher, Stern Selby is acting for Ashley/the club. Not Freshfields.

so......how likely is he to win this court case?? i never really contemplated KK winning but maybe he will, i dont really know haha.

you never contemplated KK winnning?  of course he'll win, his main part of his defence case is NUFC's own publications, its in the official match programme and the magazine with Ashley interviewed saying KK has final decision on transfers.

i'm pretty sure anything in the contract would outweigh that, which is after all the equivilent of wenger saying anelka wouldn't be sold.

the ""final decision" but could mean lots of things. if darlos manager asks for wayne rooney and is told they cant afford it does that mean he didn't have the final say ?

It obviously does if the manager is Kevin Keegan.

it appears even Ashley dosent have your faith in his position.

The only position I have is that I'd rather the club had the money than Keegan.

That and the fact I find the blind faith of the Keegan worshippers both amusing and a bit f***ing sad.

Maybe its because he was the best manager we have ever had in the Premiership, understood the club, passionate, good football and ever ambitious.

Graham Shear of Teacher, Stern Selby is acting for Ashley/the club. Not Freshfields.

Sounds like Mort may be in on it too, if all of a sudden Freshfields have dumped Ashley, it could be that he just didn't like the way KK was treated.

Seriously, what are the chances of this thing being blown wide open and us finding out what actually happened?

Sick of the rumours - I just want to know who's in the right and who's been a prick. Sort of like the DNA results on Kyle. 

Seriously, what are the chances of this thing being blown wide open and us finding out what actually happened?

Sick of the rumours - I just want to know who's in the right and who's been a prick. Sort of like the DNA results on Kyle.

Fuck all IMO.

And whilst it would settle some arguments between the fans (well, probably not) I'm not sure it'd do the club any good if it were to come out.

almost none now that it has gone to an arbitration panel with a non disclosure agreement as opposed to a court of law.

Fuck all IMO.

And whilst it would settle some arguments between the fans (well, probably not) I'm not sure it'd do the club any good if it were to come out.

I've changed my opinion on this tbh. I was always against it going all the way due to the damage it would cause to the club. But I just want to know what happened and who broke their contract right now. We've gone down and it's time to clear the decks of all of the baggage and start again. New season, new team, new league and cut the ties with the past.

If KK's in the right then he deserves to be compensated. If he's spat the dummy and walked out on us then he deserves fuck all.

Let's have the truth, no matter what it is.  :thup:

almost none now that it has gone to an arbitration panel with a non disclosure agreement as opposed to a court of law.

Didn't know that. Shite. :(

f*** all IMO.

I've changed my opinion on this tbh. I was always against it going all the way due to the damage it would cause to the club. But I just want to know what happened and who broke their contract right now. We've gone down and it's time to clear the decks of all of the baggage and start again. New season, new team, new league and cut the ties with the past.

If KK's in the right then he deserves to be compensated. If he's spat the dummy and walked out on us then he deserves f*** all.

i've been saying that all along.

Didn't know that. s****. :(

there is something on .com about it releasing its findings on friday but that may well just be saying who has been awarded what.

f*** all IMO.

If KK's in the right then he deserves to be compensated. If he's spat the dummy and walked out on us then he deserves f*** all.

I know. We're both on the same page on this one.

f*** all IMO.

I know. We're both on the same page on this one.

would have been funny if your post was on the next page.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If Schweinsteiger testifys against MA and company then Keegan will be in for a major payday.

if hes even called. was his name ever mentioned  by anyone at the club or was it paper talk ?

According to Boris Becker there was an agreement between the two clubs that Schweinsteiger would move to Newcastle after the Milner transfer but then Dennis Wise made a deal with Putin and Gaddafi that they would employ a nuclear detterent to prevent the move after the £12 million for Milner went into the club coffers. Keegan was not privvy to this and Xisco's transfer was the final straw.

so......how likely is he to win this court case?? i never really contemplated KK winning but maybe he will, i dont really know haha.

you never contemplated KK winnning?  of course he'll win, his main part of his defence case is NUFC's own publications, its in the official match programme and the magazine with Ashley interviewed saying KK has final decision on transfers.

i'm pretty sure anything in the contract would outweigh that, which is after all the equivilent of wenger saying anelka wouldn't be sold.

the ""final decision" but could mean lots of things. if darlos manager asks for wayne rooney and is told they cant afford it does that mean he didn't have the final say ?

It obviously does if the manager is Kevin Keegan.

it appears even Ashley dosent have your faith in his position.

The only position I have is that I'd rather the club had the money than Keegan.

That and the fact I find the blind faith of the Keegan worshippers both amusing and a bit f***ing sad.

Maybe its because he was the best manager we have ever had in the Premiership, understood the club, passionate, good football and ever ambitious.

Aye, he was all those things. But that doesn't mean that he's always right for all eternity, or specifically that he's incapable of acting contrary to the club's interests, or that any less-than-reverential attitude towards the mercurial human being known as Kevin Keegan needs to be righteously denounced from the pulpit.

And as the saying goes: No man can step into the same river twice, for it is no longer the same river, and he is no longer the same man.

We have had countless mercenaries take money out of the club for years. Ashely has done a grand job of fucking us over, Wise was taking a salary of 30k a week long after he'd left his post & KK is getting grief for taking money when he was forced out of the door.

I don't like money going out of the club but, imo KK is fully entitled to it if it is shown that he got the rug taken from under him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The only reason Keegan/Ashley arent getting more stick is because of the good start we have made

Keegans compensation issue stopped the takeover happening in the summer imo. He was completely selfish in his intentions with no consideration for NUFC and the fans. MA could quite easily have got rid of more players, the Taylors, the Kruls, the Jonas's and we would be up shit creak without the oar!

I am not for one minute sticking up for the fat one but Keegans actions have been part of the problem

Robson was sacked and, as far as I remember, simply wanted the money owed to him for the rest of his contract.  Keegan walked out and is suing for more then his contract was even worth.

The club was happy to continue to pay Robson, honouring his contract, until he got a new job elsewhere. That wasn't enough for him though, he wanted to be able to get another job (possibly for a rival) and carry on leeching supporter's money off us as well as getting paid for managing another club. So he dragged the club through an expensive court case. It was futile in end for him anyway, as noone wanted him after the out of control dressing room he left at SJP which even the best manager in the world would have found difficult to turn around, and ultimately led to our relegation last season.

IMO if someone is sacked when under a contract, they're entitled to have that contract paid up in full. In Robson's case, that was only a year's money. For the club to demand that he didn't take any job during the duration of that year or forfeit part of the money was the most fantastic cheek, even if it was within the letter of the law. They showed no appreciation whatsoever for what Robson had done for us.

That's why I was so sickened when Shepherd came out with all that public hand-wringing after Sir Bob's death.