The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

This pdf confirms little more than what we know and some of the speculation that was doing the rounds.

Ashley bought the club with the plan to buy players on the cheap and sell for a profit - we all ready knew this.

Ashley and Llambias were happy to put out what ever non sense they liked just to keep the fans happy - Did not know this for sure but reinforces my opinion of them.

Things were bad between all parties and the final straw that caused Keegan to leave was one transfer - For me this kills the argument was Keegan just bottling it and quitting again.  I think he was justified to leave.

Keegan was suing the club for £25million - This is the biggie for me.  I did not believe he was actually suing us for this figure.  I thought max 9 million.  I still think he was wrong to sue the club even for this.  Given he was willing to sue the club for this figure despite what it could do to the club "he loves".  Confirms the feelings I have had for Keegan.  In terms of the good of NUFC he is no better than Ashley.

What it does is turn it from pure press rumour into actual evidence and considered opinions. I'm much more happy with believing this than the back page of the Daily Mail.

I do think the amount KK was trying to claim was ridiculous though, but then court cases like this often do involve stupid amounts of money being talked about.

So he resigned over a loan signing and claimed £25 million compensation.

He's been found correct in law, because he objected to the signing and therefore is entitled to be treated as if he was sacked and given the specified payment that was agreed in his contract. That's all that's happened here.

Do I still think he was just waiting for the opportunity to resign and get out with as much money as possible? Yep.

And then he dropped most of the money because his priority was rather that his reputation was restored. Does that disprove your ridiculous claim that he was intent on just pocketing the most money? Yep.

Not quite true.  They were never going to consider that part of the claim, but wanted to make it clear that if they had, they would have ruled for publication (as they had anyway) which would restore Keegan's good name, and therefore not require any further compensation.

Which Keegan could only agree with.  They didn't say "you can take publication or £10m, what's it to be?"

while the lawyers shouted "gamble...gamble"

Exactly. If you believe that winning the constructive dismissal case is going to restore your good name, why make the additional claim in the first place?

And incidentally, if KK or anyone else thinks that his reputation has been restored with this, I reckon they're very mistaken. Any prospective future employer is going to look at that judgement and not go near him with a barge pole.

A good day for Keegan but the moral victory is with Mr. Ashley and Lambias

Not having a go at all, but why do you think this?

To me it's made me sway much more away from trying to see reason in the Club's actions - seems they were a complete shambles right throughout this episode.

It is the moral victory because they only have to pay £2 million. Keegan is vindicated.

Well, the tribunal agreed that the existing clause stating £2m compensation was wide enough to include constructive dismissal as well.

Suggests the amount KK was claiming was a bit over the top... not sure I would call it a moral victory though, they've been made to look like complete mongs.

Their immoral morals have emerged victorious though

???

It means that they did constuctively dismiss him, so he was correct. But they only have to pay him £2m because they had already protected themselves with this dismissal clause.

Not sure 'morality' even comes into it, the clause was activated and the money is now owed... as it was agreed it would be.

Guest aoliversaknob

This pdf confirms little more than what we know and some of the speculation that was doing the rounds.

Ashley bought the club with the plan to buy players on the cheap and sell for a profit - we all ready knew this.

Ashley and Llambias were happy to put out what ever non sense they liked just to keep the fans happy - Did not know this for sure but reinforces my opinion of them.

Things were bad between all parties and the final straw that caused Keegan to leave was one transfer - For me this kills the argument was Keegan just bottling it and quitting again.  I think he was justified to leave.

Keegan was suing the club for £25million - This is the biggie for me.  I did not believe he was actually suing us for this figure.  I thought max 9 million.  I still think he was wrong to sue the club even for this.  Given he was willing to sue the club for 25 million despite what it could do to the club "he loves".  Confirms the feelings I have had for Keegan.  In terms of the good of NUFC he is no better than Ashley.

:doh:

He was never going to get 25 million.......perhaps his train of thought is to claim an unreasonable amnount of compensation. This ensures it gets to court and the details of the dismssal become public knowledge so KK can clear his reputation and show the dicks in charge of our club up for what they really are.

Keegan was suing the club for £25million - This is the biggie for me.  I did not believe he was actually suing us for this figure.  I thought max 9 million.  I still think he was wrong to sue the club even for this.  Given he was willing to sue the club for 25 million despite what it could do to the club "he loves".  Confirms the feelings I have had for Keegan.  In terms of the good of NUFC he is no better than Ashley.

I note with interest that you registered on 2007-07-04

Do you work for Ashley?

He's been found correct in law, because he objected to the signing and therefore is entitled to be treated as if he was sacked and given the specified payment that was agreed in his contract. That's all that's happened here.

Do I still think he was just waiting for the opportunity to resign and get out with as much money as possible? Yep.

And then he dropped most of the money because his priority was rather that his reputation was restored. Does that disprove your ridiculous claim that he was intent on just pocketing the most money? Yep.

Not quite true.  They were never going to consider that part of the claim, but wanted to make it clear that if they had, they would have ruled for publication (as they had anyway) which would restore Keegan's good name, and therefore not require any further compensation.

Which Keegan could only agree with.  They didn't say "you can take publication or £10m, what's it to be?"

Exactly. If you believe that winning the constructive dismissal case is going to restore your good name, why make the additional claim in the first place?

And incidentally, if KK or anyone else thinks that his reputation has been restored with this, I reckon they're very mistaken. Any prospective future employer is going to look at that judgement and not go near him with a barge pole.

Already got a job on ESPEN.

I wasn't backing you up like.  You're fucking daft if you don't think this completely exonerates Keegan.

Yup - anyone who sues their employer will find it hard to get a similar type of job again - no matter how justified the case.

He was never going to get 25 million.......perhaps his train of thought is to claim an unreasonable amnount of compensation. This ensures it gets to court and the details of the dismssal become public knowledge so KK can clear his reputation and show the dicks in charge of our club up for what they really are.

Justify it however you want, he still tried to take 25 million pounds from Newcastle United.

Unless they plan on signing him to a contract and intending not to fulfill their part of the bargain, the most relevant bit of the judgement is that KK is a manager who operates like every other Premier League manager - except he's also proven that he's better than most.

Do you work for Ashley?

No I don't.  I notice that any post that is posted negatively against Keegan does not get respond to the point of the post, but just tries to discredit the poster.  Ironically that is the sort of behavior we all despise Llambias for.  

Justify it however you want, he still tried to take 25 million pounds from Newcastle United.

Not really. His lawyer would be negligent if he didn't stick some fantasy pie in the sky maximum figure in, its the way it works I guess. There would have been zero expectation of getting that level of payout by KK and his legal team. Did he also not say in the hearing that he considered £2 million to be a fair compensation?

Talksport just came out of a news bulletin with the Charles and Eddy track 'Would I Lie To You'.

I was hoping they were going to be talking about the fact they have admitted lieing to fans and the press but it turns our they are just talking about Ricky Gervais' new film!

I wasn't backing you up like.  You're fucking daft if you don't think this completely exonerates Keegan.

i love how bobyule immediately jumps on keegan, a bloke who isnt even connected with the club anymore, yet continues to be hesitant to criticise the incompetant, lying, buffoons currently in charge of the club. you couldnt make it up.

Do you work for Ashley?

No I don't.  I notice that any post that is posted negatively against Keegan does not get respond to the point of the post, but just tries to discredit the poster.  Ironically that is the sort of behavior we all despise Llambias for.  

How could he have been wrong to sue the club when the decision went in his favour and people like you were calling him worse than muck?  He's cleared his name and got what he was due.

Why are so many of you's not prepared to believe KK when he says

I also want to confirm that a central purpose of my claim has always been to clear my name and restore my reputation. I consider it of vital importance that I was able to let people know about the full circumstances of my resignation and the way in which I had been treated by the club. I hope that this purpose has now been achieved.

Why cant you take his word for it? Look at the dodgy deal they were wanting him to be part of, "loan a player, just as a favour to a couple of South American agents, that no-one at the club had ever seen before" Now redknapp may be up for this, but look where thats got him!!!

The club have openly admitted in the statement that they have INTENTIONALLY lied to us, press etc over this whole affair, and probably a lot more lies that we may never find out about.

They have  stockholm syndrome.  They've fallen in love with their captors.

Do you work for Ashley?

How could he have been wrong to sue the club when the decision went in his favour and people like you were calling him worse than muck?  He's cleared his name and got what he was due.

I do not agree that anyone who claims to love Newcastle can sue the club for £25 million pounds when they know the have been relegated and are struggling for cash.  I even disagree that he should sue nufc for 9 million.  His contract gave him £2 million just for leaving he could have just taken that.  I hear the argument that he wanted to truth to come out be if that was the case why sue for 25 million not 9 million?

I also want to confirm that a central purpose of my claim has always been to clear my name and restore my reputation. I consider it of vital importance that I was able to let people know about the full circumstances of my resignation and the way in which I had been treated by the club. I hope that this purpose has now been achieved.

Why cant you take his word for it? Look at the dodgy deal they were wanting him to be part of, "loan a player, just as a favour to a couple of South American agents, that no-one at the club had ever seen before" Now redknapp may be up for this, but look where thats got him!!!

The club have openly admitted in the statement that they have INTENTIONALLY lied to us, press etc over this whole affair, and probably a lot more lies that we may never find out about.

Because he could have achieved that by suing the club for 9 million not 25.  I think the sum of money that he tried to claim reinforces the opinion that his purpose was not just that of clearing his name.

Guest icemanblue

Do you work for Ashley?

I do not agree that anyone who claims to love Newcastle can sue the club for £25 million pounds when they know the have been relegated and are struggling for cash.  I even disagree that he should sue nufc for 9 million.  His contract gave him £2 million just for leaving he could have just taken that.  I hear the argument that he wanted to truth to come out be if that was the case why sue for 25 million not 9 million?

To ensure it went to court?  Not that I think that's the reaon ,btw.

Ashley is a lying cunt, who is really fucking shit at being a chairman at a football club.

Keegan is a thieving cunt who tried to drain his beloved NUFC for 25m, no matter what spin you want to put on his reasons.

I am a fan of NUFC, not a fan of KK.

Ashley is a lying cunt, who is really fucking shit at being a chairman at a football club.

Keegan is a thieving cunt who tried to drain his beloved NUFC for 25m, no matter what spin you want to put on his reasons.

knacker

Guest icemanblue

:lol:

How the fuck is he a 'thieving cunt' for claiming any amount in a case which he went on to win?

Stick to NFL, you plum.

Ashley is a lying c***, who is really f***ing s*** at being a chairman at a football club.

Keegan is a thieving c*** who tried to drain his beloved NUFC for 25m, no matter what spin you want to put on his reasons.

mmm, ok then, there's no point trying to reason if you are that blinkered

That's pretty ironic. :)

Because he could have achieved that by suing the club for 9 million not 25.  I think the sum of money that he tried to claim reinforces the opinion that his purpose was not just that of clearing his name.

The whole issue is back to the was he pushed or did he walk.

We now he was pushed, and the club has lied and lied since.

Regardless if he tried to get 100m, he didnt, he's been awarded 2, and he's said he's ahppy with the outecome.

Really astonished that so many are focusing on this than actually reading through the relevant statements, and actually taking note of all the s*** that the club have come up with, just to try to discredit him.

That is not the whole issue for me.  My primary concern is nufc getting back to the PL.  Keegan suing us for £25 could have killed the club for years.  

:lol:

How the fuck is he a 'thieving cunt' for claiming any amount in a case which he went on to win?

Stick to NFL, you plum.

Agreed compensation of 2m, he got what he deserved, but he tried to get more.