The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Just read the document.

Fucking hell. As damning as it could possibly get.

Btw the fact Keegan claimed £25m is completely irrelevant; the tribunal found that the clause in the contract was sufficient to deal with the situation, not that Keegan wasn't entitled to £25m (or any claim).

Ashley is a lying cunt, who is really fucking shit at being a chairman at a football club.

Keegan is a thieving cunt who tried to drain his beloved NUFC for 25m, no matter what spin you want to put on his reasons.

I am a fan of NUFC, not a fan of KK.

:lol:

How the fuck is he a 'thieving cunt' for claiming any amount in a case which he went on to win?

Stick to NFL, you plum.

Agreed compensation of 2m, he got what he deserved, but he tried to get more.

How does that make him a thief?

Haha, okay, attempted thief.

What was he trying to steal? Did he not give justification for his claim? Did he not then accept that this justification was flawed?

I don't care what he has said after the decision had been made, it's completely irrelevant. When in court (or whatever it's called!) he tried to get £25m and he failed as it was completely unjustifiable.

So, again, how does that make him a thief?

Were the fans that attempted to sue the club over the seats affair 'thieving cunts'? Was Bobby Robson a 'thieving cunt'?

1) already explained

2) have no clue about said cases

Sending me PMs is pretty pathetic like.

You haven't explained a thing. Avoiding questions is more so, I'd say.

You're fucking plastic, pal.

He tried to get £25m and he failed as it was completely unjustifiable.

Your random insults are pretty needless.

Actually, this was more specifically meant for people such as yourself:

No, 99% of the forum shouldn't blindly infer they know the technicalities revolving around legal disputes relating to termination of contracts that went on behind closed doors (EDIT: I'm not saying 99% of the forum are doing this by the way, just repeating the figure you used). Opinions are fine, but if they are coming from blind assumptions about something people don't understand they are rightly going to get shot down. I read law, i've got fuck all idea about what happened here but i'd hazard a guess Keegan handed the facts over to his legal team and went 'sort this out for me please' and they took it from there. Because Keegan isn't a solicitor, he's a pretty basic football man. Building a 25m straw man to beat down is pretty pointless when i'd happily bet a fair amount of money keegan had nothing to do with that figure. Do you think he went to his solicitors and went "right boys, i'd like one of those stigma pay offs for 8.6m, all my wages and anything else you reckon i can get"? Or do you think he went with what they told him because they are trained to deal with this and he wouldn't have a clue what to do in a court hearing? Hmmm...

Neither of us know the ins and outs of why they really decided those figures, but Keegan was obviously aware of what they were asking for and could have told them not to go so far. But neither of us can really conclusively answer this can we? It's just a matter of opinion. I think he could've told them he didn't want to claim for so much, as he had some personal investiment in the club. He didn't do that.

But there will be reasons for these figures, he'd have known he wouldn't get them, they would have been used for the purposes of the case. He couldn't go in and say he just wanted the 2m as they'd have settled straight away and Keegan wouldn't have been able to have the facts independently published as they have been. The ludicrous amount of 25m assured it went to tribunal, at which point it would appear from the quotes in the other thread keegan immediately accepted he wouldn't get the stigma damages as long as all findings were published, which is what he has said he wanted to happen, to clear his name. I think I trust Keegan enough to believe this rather than that he was trying to take the club to the cleaners.

Ashley is a lying cunt, who is really fucking shit at being a chairman at a football club.

Keegan is a thieving cunt who tried to drain his beloved NUFC for 25m, no matter what spin you want to put on his reasons.

How the fuck is he a 'thieving cunt' for claiming any amount in a case which he went on to win?

Stick to NFL, you plum.

What was he trying to steal? Did he not give justification for his claim? Did he not then accept that this justification was flawed?

I don't care what he has said after the decision had been made, it's completely irrelevant. When in court (or whatever it's called!) he tried to get £25m and he failed as it was completely unjustifiable.

Were the fans that attempted to sue the club over the seats affair 'thieving cunts'? Was Bobby Robson a 'thieving cunt'?

1) already explained

No, 99% of the forum shouldn't blindly infer they know the technicalities revolving around legal disputes relating to termination of contracts that went on behind closed doors (EDIT: I'm not saying 99% of the forum are doing this by the way, just repeating the figure you used). Opinions are fine, but if they are coming from blind assumptions about something people don't understand they are rightly going to get shot down. I read law, i've got fuck all idea about what happened here but i'd hazard a guess Keegan handed the facts over to his legal team and went 'sort this out for me please' and they took it from there. Because Keegan isn't a solicitor, he's a pretty basic football man. Building a 25m straw man to beat down is pretty pointless when i'd happily bet a fair amount of money keegan had nothing to do with that figure. Do you think he went to his solicitors and went "right boys, i'd like one of those stigma pay offs for 8.6m, all my wages and anything else you reckon i can get"? Or do you think he went with what they told him because they are trained to deal with this and he wouldn't have a clue what to do in a court hearing? Hmmm...

Neither of us know the ins and outs of why they really decided those figures, but Keegan was obviously aware of what they were asking for and could have told them not to go so far. But neither of us can really conclusively answer this can we? It's just a matter of opinion. I think he could've told them he didn't want to claim for so much, as he had some personal investiment in the club. He didn't do that.

But there will be reasons for these figures, he'd have known he wouldn't get them, they would have been used for the purposes of the case. He couldn't go in and say he just wanted the 2m as they'd have settled straight away and Keegan wouldn't have been able to have the facts independently published as they have been. The ludicrous amount of 25m assured it went to tribunal, at which point it would appear from the quotes in the other thread keegan immediately accepted he wouldn't get the stigma damages as long as all findings were published, which is what he has said he wanted to happen, to clear his name. I think I trust Keegan enough to believe this rather than that he was trying to take the club to the cleaners.

Well thats the crux of the matter really. I don't trust him enough to believe that.

Keegan asked for more than 2m because after he left, his reputation was destroyed. It's reasonable to ask for more because the people running NUFC went out of their way to ruin his reputation, thus jeopardising his future prospects. If you have a bad reputation which isn't justified, and this bad reputation costs you money (as in no other club would employ him because they would believe that he's uncontrollable/bottler/etc.) then it's perfectly justified for you to ask for compensation from the people who are responsible for creating your unjustified negative image. That is why he asked for 2m and he would probably have gotten more if the small print in his contract did not state that the max payout was 2m.

Stick to NFL, you plum.

1) already explained

Well thats the crux of the matter really. I don't trust him enough to believe that.

Why? When has KK ever in his career acted like he prioritised money?

ashley bummers are so desperate, they cling to an argument about how much compen was sought. some people just dont know when they are dead and buried, and turning to dust.

And some people are still too silly to see past their binary thought process of: giving any stick to Keegan must equal Ashley bum lickers. After 79 pages people are still putting those two together :lol:

Stick to NFL, you plum.

1) already explained

Stick to NFL, you plum.

1) already explained

So you genuinely believe he wanted to take us for as much money as he could? Do you really think he then set out to fuck it over deliberately just to spite Mike Ashley? Keegan has a lot of flaws i'm happy to admit that, but to think he is a liar out to milk the club dry is just crazy.

Stick to NFL, you plum.

1) already explained

So you genuinely believe he wanted to take us for as much money as he could? Do you really think he then set out to fuck it over deliberately just to spite Mike Ashley? Keegan has a lot of flaws i'm happy to admit that, but to think he is a liar out to milk the club dry is just crazy.

I don't think his reasoning was to kill the club (and don't think £25m would achieve that... at least I hope not!), I think he just wanted to get as much money as he could possibly manage, even if it greatly harmed NUFC. Rather than claiming for what he deserved.

Stick to NFL, you plum.

1) already explained

Honey Monster > Shearer

Ashley is a lying c***, who is really f***ing s*** at being a chairman at a football club.

Keegan is a thieving c*** who tried to drain his beloved NUFC for 25m, no matter what spin you want to put on his reasons.

How the f*** is he a 'thieving c***' for claiming any amount in a case which he went on to win?

Stick to NFL, you plum.

Were the fans that attempted to sue the club over the seats affair 'thieving c***s'? Was Bobby Robson a 'thieving c***'?

1) already explained

You're f***ing plastic, pal.

No, 99% of the forum shouldn't blindly infer they know the technicalities revolving around legal disputes relating to termination of contracts that went on behind closed doors (EDIT: I'm not saying 99% of the forum are doing this by the way, just repeating the figure you used). Opinions are fine, but if they are coming from blind assumptions about something people don't understand they are rightly going to get shot down. I read law, i've got f*** all idea about what happened here but i'd hazard a guess Keegan handed the facts over to his legal team and went 'sort this out for me please' and they took it from there. Because Keegan isn't a solicitor, he's a pretty basic football man. Building a 25m straw man to beat down is pretty pointless when i'd happily bet a fair amount of money keegan had nothing to do with that figure. Do you think he went to his solicitors and went "right boys, i'd like one of those stigma pay offs for 8.6m, all my wages and anything else you reckon i can get"? Or do you think he went with what they told him because they are trained to deal with this and he wouldn't have a clue what to do in a court hearing? Hmmm...

So you genuinely believe he wanted to take us for as much money as he could? Do you really think he then set out to f*** it over deliberately just to spite Mike Ashley? Keegan has a lot of flaws i'm happy to admit that, but to think he is a liar out to milk the club dry is just crazy.

I don't think his reasoning was to kill the club (and don't think £25m would achieve that... at least I hope not!), I think he just wanted to get as much money as he could possibly manage, even if it greatly harmed NUFC. Rather than claiming for what he deserved.

Worng, you really are a moron.  Just admit that you were wrong.

Ashley is a lying c***, who is really f***ing s*** at being a chairman at a football club.

Keegan is a thieving c*** who tried to drain his beloved NUFC for 25m, no matter what spin you want to put on his reasons.

How the f*** is he a 'thieving c***' for claiming any amount in a case which he went on to win?

Stick to NFL, you plum.

Were the fans that attempted to sue the club over the seats affair 'thieving c***s'? Was Bobby Robson a 'thieving c***'?

1) already explained

You're f***ing plastic, pal.

No, 99% of the forum shouldn't blindly infer they know the technicalities revolving around legal disputes relating to termination of contracts that went on behind closed doors (EDIT: I'm not saying 99% of the forum are doing this by the way, just repeating the figure you used). Opinions are fine, but if they are coming from blind assumptions about something people don't understand they are rightly going to get shot down. I read law, i've got f*** all idea about what happened here but i'd hazard a guess Keegan handed the facts over to his legal team and went 'sort this out for me please' and they took it from there. Because Keegan isn't a solicitor, he's a pretty basic football man. Building a 25m straw man to beat down is pretty pointless when i'd happily bet a fair amount of money keegan had nothing to do with that figure. Do you think he went to his solicitors and went "right boys, i'd like one of those stigma pay offs for 8.6m, all my wages and anything else you reckon i can get"? Or do you think he went with what they told him because they are trained to deal with this and he wouldn't have a clue what to do in a court hearing? Hmmm...

So you genuinely believe he wanted to take us for as much money as he could? Do you really think he then set out to f*** it over deliberately just to spite Mike Ashley? Keegan has a lot of flaws i'm happy to admit that, but to think he is a liar out to milk the club dry is just crazy.

Worng, you really are a moron.  Just admit that you were wrong.

the GIMP has spoken.

Keegan was suing the club for £25million - This is the biggie for me.  I did not believe he was actually suing us for this figure.  I thought max 9 million.  I still think he was wrong to sue the club even for this.  Given he was willing to sue the club for 25 million despite what it could do to the club "he loves".  Confirms the feelings I have had for Keegan.  In terms of the good of NUFC he is no better than Ashley.

I note with interest that you registered on 2007-07-04

Do you work for Ashley?

No I don't.  I notice that any post that is posted negatively against Keegan does not get respond to the point of the post, but just tries to discredit the poster.  Ironically that is the sort of behavior we all despise Llambias for.  

How could he have been wrong to sue the club when the decision went in his favour and people like you were calling him worse than muck?  He's cleared his name and got what he was due.

I do not agree that anyone who claims to love Newcastle can sue the club for £25 million pounds when they know the have been relegated and are struggling for cash.  I even disagree that he should sue nufc for 9 million.  His contract gave him £2 million just for leaving he could have just taken that.  I hear the argument that he wanted to truth to come out be if that was the case why sue for 25 million not 9 million?

I'd sue the club for £25m if i could.

If you want, you can go down the road of getting your lawyers to sue your ex-employers for as much money as possible. As others have said, maybe a lot of people would do the same given the chance.

However, when you go down that road, you lose any claim to be acting out of some moral principle. The principle that you're acting on is - I'm out for whatever I can get. Still less can you say that you love the club.

You also ought to surrender the support of the people who would be adversely affected if your ridiculously inflated claim is settled - ie the fans and employees of the club. This being NUFC and Kevin Keegan of course, that doesn't happen.

It's moral to let the people who fuck you over and then ruin your reputation get away with it? What the fuck?

So are you saying that a £25 million compensation claim in these circumstances was justified?

Guest icemanblue

It's moral to let the people who fuck you over and then ruin your reputation get away with it? What the fuck?

So are you saying that a £25 million compensation claim in these circumstances was justified?

I am. Tell me why it wasn't.

Keegan was suing the club for £25million - This is the biggie for me.  I did not believe he was actually suing us for this figure.  I thought max 9 million.  I still think he was wrong to sue the club even for this.  Given he was willing to sue the club for 25 million despite what it could do to the club "he loves".  Confirms the feelings I have had for Keegan.  In terms of the good of NUFC he is no better than Ashley.

I note with interest that you registered on 2007-07-04

Do you work for Ashley?

No I don't.  I notice that any post that is posted negatively against Keegan does not get respond to the point of the post, but just tries to discredit the poster.  Ironically that is the sort of behavior we all despise Llambias for.  

How could he have been wrong to sue the club when the decision went in his favour and people like you were calling him worse than muck?  He's cleared his name and got what he was due.

I do not agree that anyone who claims to love Newcastle can sue the club for £25 million pounds when they know the have been relegated and are struggling for cash.  I even disagree that he should sue nufc for 9 million.  His contract gave him £2 million just for leaving he could have just taken that.  I hear the argument that he wanted to truth to come out be if that was the case why sue for 25 million not 9 million?

I'd sue the club for £25m if i could.

If you want, you can go down the road of getting your lawyers to sue your ex-employers for as much money as possible. As others have said, maybe a lot of people would do the same given the chance.

However, when you go down that road, you lose any claim to be acting out of some moral principle. The principle that you're acting on is - I'm out for whatever I can get.

What garbage.

So no-one can sue anybody and keep their principals?

It wasn't justified otherwise he would have got it. He seems happy enough with what he's got and good for him. Just because his lawyers were going for whatever they could doesn't make it right.

It wasn't justified otherwise he would have got it. He seems happy enough with what he's got and good for him. Just because his lawyers were going for whatever they could doesn't make it right.

No, he didn't get it because it was written into his contract that he couldn't get it. The verdict had nothing to do with whether the 25m was justified or not, and since KK accepted that publishing the verdict would restore his reputation, the 25m wasn't an issue anymore.

I need a second reply to this post.

'It wasn't justified otherwise he would have got it'? Are you saying that the verdicts delivered in every case in the judicial system is correct? In this case, justification had nothing to do with the eventual outcome because the outcome was already restricted. The tribunal did not even decide whether KK's claim for stigma damages was justified because they offered him another solution which he found satisfactory. And for the people who think KK is only after the money, this solution that was offered by the tribunal did not involve KK receiving a single pound yet he accepted it.

No, he didn't get it because it was written into his contract that he couldn't get it. The verdict had nothing to do with whether the 25m was justified or not, and since KK accepted that publishing the verdict would restore his reputation, the 25m wasn't an issue anymore.

Exactly. I think some people on here need to fucking read the thing before mouthing off about what Keegan 'was awarded'.

Exactly. I think some people on here need to fucking read the thing before mouthing off about what Keegan 'was awarded'.

they need to read the tribunal , and keegans statement.

i doubt keegan thought he'd ever see anything even remotely close to £25m, that's a figure his lawyers will have figured out knowing that Keegan wanted to fight back as hard as he could. as it turned out, keegan was happy to settle for what he thought was the fair figure of £2m which was written into his contract, and chose not to press the 'stigma' thingy instead happy to have a report published which upheld his good name and humiliated those at fault. honestly bob, youre rapidly losing credibility by attacking keegan on these small points and yet speaking little or nothing about the absolute disgraces that are the liars in charge at our club.