At present has Mike Ashley got your backing?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The stuff I've read tonight answers a few questions tbh. I wanted him to spend a bit (I think we all did tbh) but I can understand why he's a bit reticent to bankroll us. I don't necessarily like it but I can understand it.

Nope, his attempts at appointing managers so far has been:

Redknapp, Poyet, Venables and Kinnear.  If we get rid of Kinnear who might it be next?? return of Souness?

Keegan too tbf. He's stuck in a mid-1990s timewarp.

I'm honestly not sure what to think now.

Those are last year's accounts though.

Put it this way; will next year's accounts showing a tidy "profit" of a couple of million be any consolation when we've just lost another Championship match home to Preston North End?

Guest The Libertine

Redknapp, Poyet, Venables and Kinnear.  If we get rid of Kinnear who might it be next?? return of Souness?

no offer made, no offer made, temporary offer made and temporary offer made.

kinnear's "new contract" is slightly questionable but would be a big fuck up if true.

Put it this way; will next year's accounts showing a tidy "profit" of a couple of million be any consolation when we've just lost another Championship match home to Preston North End?

Obviously not. :undecided:

It just shows the state we were/are in, that's all.

kinnear's "new contract" is slightly questionable but would be a big f*** up if true.

Huh?  Redknapp refused to say anything and took a few days to mull it over then declared he was settled at Portsmouth. 

Poyet said something like it was 'not the right time'.

If Ashley hadn't improved those accounts, what's saying we'd not have been looking at -12 points to start with?

Guest The Libertine

kinnear's "new contract" is slightly questionable but would be a big f*** up if true.

Huh?  Redknapp refused to say anything and took a few days to mull it over then declared he was settled at Portsmouth. 

Poyet said something like it was 'not the right time'.

redknapp was interviewed but wasnt offered the job as we'd been in talks with keegan for a few days before his interview. he then used the publicity to say he rejected us and loves portsmouth and couldnt leave them bla bla etc.

poyet wasnt offered the job either, it was just the wise/poyet thing the papers expanded on. im sure if he was, he'd have taken it.

Guest Gazmatron

Ashley has my backing and i have full confidence that we will see some good new faces in this transfer window.

Under the previous regime, managers where allowed to spend all the money they wanted and we ended up spending like a top four club only to get mid table finishes. Ashley has cleared all our debts (which would have ended up much worse than Leeds) and put a system in place where the managers dont have control over finances and the debts wont mount up again.

So far our new transfer system has got us Guthrie, Collocini, Jonas and Xisco of which 3 out of 4 have been successful buys, which is a higher ratio than some previous managers and at a lower cost.

I belive we will get some adequate signings in this window, it just takes time. Providing we get a decent manager in at the end of the season then we should be alright.

Ashley has my backing and i have full confidence that we will see some good new faces in this transfer window.

Under the previous regime, managers where allowed to spend all the money they wanted and we ended up spending like a top four club only to get mid table finishes. Ashley has cleared all our debts (which would have ended up much worse than Leeds) and put a system in place where the managers dont have control over finances and the debts wont mount up again.

So far our new transfer system has got us Guthrie, Collocini, Jonas and Xisco of which 3 out of 4 have been successful buys, which is a higher ratio than some previous managers and at a lower cost.

I belive we will get some adequate signings in this window, it just takes time. Providing we get a decent manager in at the end of the season then we should be alright.

I agree, if Ashley hasn't decided 'fuck em' and stopped trying to buy players... we should be alright.

I maintain though, if we don't make many good signings in this window it doesn't mean the club has 'failed'. Very few clubs make meaningful moves in January.

The finances are poor. Does that really mean that we have to someone like Kinnear in charge? If the position bieng offered is respectful, then are we not able to get a more respectful manager? Why would you not even want to wait until the summer and look at who's possibily available and weigh everything up?

The finances are poor. Does that really mean that we have to someone like Kinnear in charge? If the position bieng offered is respectful, then are we not able to get a more respectful manager? Why would you not even want to wait until the summer and look at who's possibily available and weigh everything up?

should have moved for curbishley once the sale wasn't gonna happen, he'd do a fucksite better than JFK but probably wouldn't want to touch this madhouse

should have moved for curbishley once the sale wasn't gonna happen, he'd do a fucksite better than JFK but probably wouldn't want to touch this madhouse

But its not a madhouse, the finances are simply poor, and we need someone to be able to work with a very limited budget, right?? (I was going to say we need a wheeler dealer but thats Wise's job isnt it). As a lot of clubs are in a tough position with finances - its very clear we are too - so whats the difference with us?? Or maybe its not such a respectful position...

Fat Fred > Ashley any day.

I'd take Fat Fred buying back the club with a consortium any day of the f'ng week. I'll prob be roasted and hung for sayign that, and I will always be happy that Ashley came in and sorted out the debt at the time and kept us "solvent" but fact of the matter is...Fat Fred cared

Nope.

I dont see any reason why he has anybody's.

Remember the buzz at the start of the season, KK at the helm, few good results, awaiting KK to bring some good signings in, and most here thought we could push for Europe.

Ashley and Wise stopped all that hope, and have done nothing since. I mean, howay, Joe Kinnear! Who the hell is gonna sign for us?!

I agree, if Ashley hasn't decided 'f*** em' and stopped trying to buy players... we should be alright.

I maintain though, if we don't make many good signings in this window it doesn't mean the club has 'failed'. Very few clubs make meaningful moves in January.

That's  as maybe, but we NEED to make "meaningful" signings, and if we don't there's every chance we'll go down. That's failure in my eyes.

He's got this window to restore our faith in him, and to stop himself being the most hated man on Tyneside. Let's hope Ashley takes that chance.