In case there's anyone out there who still doesn't understand...

indi

If Sky broadcasted each match online, with a premium payable for the season or on a per-game basis, they could likely make a small fortune, as I would happily pay a Sky season ticket price, but I don't have a satellite at the moment.

The technology exists, so they should put their money where their mouth is and use it.  Seems a no brainer to me. 

don't be too surprised if the clubs sell their own rights that way in the future.

That statement is so funny.  How fucking greedy is the Premier League? most people have already summed this up.  If there was a legal way to pay for a decent quality stream then everyone would do that. It made me laugh that they claim people who watch streams don't want to pay for sky.  Bullshit.  I pay for sky and setanta, I watch streams from time to time because I they don't play Toon games every week on sky/setanta. 

If they can't be arsed to modernise the franchise to reflect the digital age, fuck them.

One of my favorite "completely legal" places to watch matches online has just posted this message on their homepage:

"Because of pending legal proceedings, _____ has removed all links in the following competions:

Elitserien - SM-Liga - NHL - Swedish Allsvenskan - Italian Serie A - English Premier

League - Dutch Eredivisie.

Once a judgment has been given, we will notify you of the outcome."

This is terrible, it really is. I'll find another "completely legal" way of watching football matches, but still it's not a good development.

One of my favorite "completely legal" places to watch matches online has just posted this message on their homepage:

"Because of pending legal proceedings, _____ has removed all links in the following competions:

Elitserien - SM-Liga - NHL - Swedish Allsvenskan - Italian Serie A - English Premier

This is terrible, it really is. I'll find another "completely legal" way of watching football matches, but still it's not a good development.

Exactly why it's banned on here.

They never hosted any streams on that site, just provided links to them, yet they're still getting in the shit. That's something we can do without.

I got rid of Setanta after listening to Craig Burley spouting s**** about us during the Arsenal game earlier this season, and am seriously thinking of getting rid of sky sports too. If I want to watch a game I can online (even though its illegal) and the quality is a lot better than it used to be. Just wondering though, if I get rid of sky sports do I still get sky sports news?

Freeview, baby!

Fabulous, am off to ring sky now.

Bit late but you need to have the News mix to get SSN

• 4 weeks later...

They never hosted any streams on that site, just provided links to them, yet they're still getting in the s***. That's something we can do without.

I would just like to add that this particular site won its lawsuit and is back up and running. Step forward.

technically they didn't win "the" case, the judge just ruled that the company trying to sue them didn't dot all the i's and cross all the t's before starting legal proceedings. 

Basically it's a stay of execution, much as I really want to see them not go away :(

edit: "The" lawsuit being the one that ultimatly decides whether or not what they're doing is legal.

I actually pay a "completely legal" stream site 3 euros a week, so that I can see live european football, wrestling, nhl, nfl and nba. Since I really only watch EPL and wrestling, I would definatley rather spend my money so they went back to the business, rather then some shrewd fuckers from Costa Rica.

I actually pay a "completely legal" stream site 3 euros a week, so that I can see live european football, wrestling, nhl, nfl and nba. Since I really only watch EPL and wrestling, I would definatley rather spend my money so they went back to the business, rather then some shrewd fuckers from Costa Rica.

Are you sure it's a completely legal site?

Edit: Oh right I've just realised what you're meaning. If you're paying then you're totally skanking yourself.

Now iamanidiot has won its court case, are people allowed to post links to it for todays game?

Also, im fairly sure no pub has lost a court case for showing foreign matches - as long as they have legally subscribed to the foreign channel.

Now iamanidiot has won its court case, are people allowed to post links to it for todays game?

Also, im fairly sure no pub has lost a court case for showing foreign matches - as long as they have legally subscribed to the foreign channel.

No

Nowiamanidiot has won its court case, are people allowed to post links to it for todays game?

Probably best not to eh? ;)

Guess everyone knows the link now anyway.

Canal+ who show about 6 live Premiership games each weekend can be legally purchased in the UK - you need a 1metre satellite dish (about £50) and a Canal+ subscription card that can be bought for £600. Its the same with Nova Sports in Greece and also Digitalb from Albania.

(Its also possible to get these channels for free - but that is illegal)

Edit: Oh right I've just realised what you're meaning. If you're paying then you're totally skanking yourself.

Not really. It's easy, and has better quality then any free illegal stream site I've ever used.

Absolutely not.

We have neither the money nor the inclination to engage the authorities in a court case like they have. Also this was under Dutch law, who knows how that relates to the UK.

The site rules remain the same, for now at least.

The PL are worried because they fear losing control. If they weren't as greedy, players weren't earning so much and clubs not charging the earth for tickets, then more fans would go to games. People are choosing to watch online because it's expensive to go.

Not really. It's easy, and has better quality then any free illegal stream site I've ever used.

I know a mate of mine who does this as well and he highly recommends it. Higher quality, none of this streams getting cut in the middle of the match, English commentary and matches that aren't normally shown live in the UK/US are still available.

They never hosted any streams on that site, just provided links to them, yet they're still getting in the s***. That's something we can do without.

I would just like to add that this particular site won its lawsuit and is back up and running. Step forward.

It was always up and running, by the way. You just had to check the forum bit to find the links.

there  are alternative methods of viewing involving a dish,satellite box with a ethernet connection , broadband connection and someone elsewhere who you are willing to share the cost of the subscription with, have enough of you doing it and the cost comes down dramatically (not that I condone it of course)

I remember back in 2002/03 when i lived in Finland, 90% of toon games were shown on Canal+. When they werent i was over the moon if i could get a delayed radio commentary of the game. Now i pretty much expect to be able to watch every game for nowt.

Technology has improved loads in a short time, and i wonder where we'll be in 5 years - i really cant see that it will be harder to watch matches online.