Is Dennis Wise a disruptive influence? Or are the fans making him one?

The Prophet

where we you in 92-97?

you're clearly not from the area so you wouldnt know what he means to us.

etc. 

Correct, I'm not from the area. Yet I've still seen him take the huff from us twice, and Man Shitty, and En-ger-land... etc

And thank you for proving my point about the blinding glare of his halo ;)

the stuff i said was a joke, i agree with your post. thats just the usual shit that gets thrown back at anyone who dares question keegan.

My apologies - I briefly considered the "etc" to be a kind of safety wink, too :lol:

People need to realise that thee strengthof the squad isnt the issue here, its the man in charge that is, Wise has done his job and in my opinion has done it well, we've added qulaity to the team but i defy most people who'd claim that any other team in the premiership wouldnt struggle with the injuries we're having, theres obvious exceptions, like Man U and Chelseas but we are in no position to be comparing ourselves with them.

Imagine in Wigan had the same amount of injuries as us.

The only single issue that can be atrributed to our current slump is the man incharge, thats the key to this whole thing.

People need to realise that thee strengthof the squad isnt the issue here, its the man in charge that is, Wise has done his job and in my opinion has done it well, we've added qulaity to the team but i defy most people who'd claim that any other team in the premiership wouldnt struggle with the injuries we're having, theres obvious exceptions, like Man U and Chelseas but we are in no position to be comparing ourselves with them.

The only single issue that can be atrributed to our current slump is the man incharge, thats the key to this whole thing.

Just considering the strength of the squad:

GK- Given, Harper, Krul, Forster: very strong

FB- Beye, Enrique: One player for each position, hardly a strong squad and was also something Keegan constantly mentioned in the summer

CB- Collocini, Taylor, Bassong, Cacapa, Edgar: Several players but Taylor and Bassong are both still young, sale of Faye seems ridiculous now although I do accept that it was Keegan who fell out with him

CM- Butt, Barton, Guthrie, Geremi: Butt has been fading for few seasons now and obviously needs replacing, Barton was in prison at start of season, Guthrie was a good addition, Geremi requires no comment

Wingers- Jonas, Duff, N'Zogbia: 3 players for two postions, one of whom is constantly injured, sale of Milner was ridiculous

Strikers- Owen, Martins, Viduka, Shola, Carrol, Xisco- Looks good on paper but in reality the experienced 4 of the 6 are more at home in the physioroom than on the pitch

I accept that Kinnear is completely clueless and that a talented manager with this squad might have done a lot better. However, to say Wise has done a good job is giving him far more credit than he deserves.

Simple fact is that Wise's job is to provide Newcastle with a squad that is capable of performing well in the Premiership, both now and in the future. It appears very clear that he has been unable to do that.

Surely the main problem is the club not having any money?

Just considering the strength of the squad:

GK- Given, Harper, Krul, Forster: very strong

FB- Beye, Enrique: One player for each position, hardly a strong squad and was also something Keegan constantly mentioned in the summer

CB- Collocini, Taylor, Bassong, Cacapa, Edgar: Several players but Taylor and Bassong are both still young, sale of Faye seems ridiculous now although I do accept that it was Keegan who fell out with him

CM- Butt, Barton, Guthrie, Geremi: Butt has been fading for few seasons now and obviously needs replacing, Barton was in prison at start of season, Guthrie was a good addition, Geremi requires no comment

Wingers- Jonas, Duff, N'Zogbia: 3 players for two postions, one of whom is constantly injured, sale of Milner was ridiculous

Strikers- Owen, Martins, Viduka, Shola, Carrol, Xisco- Looks good on paper but in reality the experienced 4 of the 6 are more at home in the physioroom than on the pitch

I accept that Kinnear is completely clueless and that a talented manager with this squad might have done a lot better. However, to say Wise has done a good job is giving him far more credit than he deserves.

I realise that the squad is by no means perfect - it isnt there are glaring weaknesses like LB and the centre of midfield, but if you actually look at our starting 11 its actually quite good. I really dont know how many teams could cope with losing 3 centre midfielders andmore importantly 4 strikers. Its just something you cant account for, thats why Im only really willing to criticse the "transfer team" for not having back ups for the FB posiiton, althouh i do realise that the quality of the CM needs addressing but not neccsearily the depth.

If you take hindsight into account and look to see what was required from the club to cover the probelems we're facing today, they would of had to of had 6 CM on the books, and 8 strikers to cover the current injury crisis - that to me is an impossilbe ask, however FB cover isnt. That why i maintian that actually they havent dont a bad job.

I realise that the squad is by no means perfect - it isnt there are glaring weaknesses like LB and the centre of midfield, but if you actually look at our starting 11 its actually quite good. I really dont know how many teams could cope with losing 3 centre midfielders andmore importantly 4 strikers. Its just something you cant account for, thats why Im only really willing to criticse the "transfer team" for not having back ups for the FB posiiton, althouh i do realise that the quality of the CM needs addressing but not neccsearily the depth.

Yet you were happy to claim that there was an improvement in the squad in Ashley's first season because we finished 1 place higher than the year before (with the same points and worse goal difference) even though Roeder was supposedly a terrible manager and we had an injury list for the first half of that season we're only just matching now.

We'll get nowhere near those 43 points this season and it's not all down to Kinnear. Is it Kinnear's fault we've conceded 39 goals so far even in a season where Given has been fit and back up to form? I agree you cannot account for the injury list we have now, the difference is in 06-07 the injuries meant the difference between a possible European place and lower mid table. Now it means the difference between lower mid table and possible relegation.

Do you honestly still believe this is the best squad we've had for years?  :no:

Yet you were happy to claim that there was an improvement in the squad in Ashley's first season because we finished 1 place higher than the year before (with the same points and worse goal difference) even though Roeder was supposedly a terrible manager and we had an injury list for the first half of that season we're only just matching now.

We'll get nowhere near those 43 points this season and it's not all down to Kinnear. Is it Kinnear's fault we've conceded 39 goals so far even in a season where Given has been fit and back up to form? I agree you cannot account for the injury list we have now, the difference is in 06-07 the injuries meant the difference between a possible European place and lower mid table. Now it means the difference between lower mid table and possible relegation.

Do you honestly still believe this is the best squad we've had for years?  :no:

I dont see the point in ever having to answer to you - you always get so close yet so far. As for the 1 place higher stat equating to prrof of imprved squad, honestly, i dont rememeber that, i may of used it to claim a hollow victory against those who say its all doom and gloom but not as a measurement of squad improvement. I would point to the imporvement.

I dont know about everyone else, but i look at the 11 places on the field and compare them with what we had previously and qute frankly if you dont see the improvements then you're watchin the wrong sport.

We were all speculating that this squad with Keegan in charge could get us into the top 8, so the only variable to this and the current situation is ridiculous injuries and a terrible manager, moan and bitch all you want but the fundamental point stands, the first team has team ahs definitely improved, we're struggling becasue of things that are unnaccountable for, unless you thinmk the club should of signed 6 CM and 8 strikers who were all good enough for the first team. Open yours eyes.

You mention Roeder and his team, well make the comparisions yourself, see if you think that squad was better or not.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Complete wanker for me. Confirmed.

I hope that we shall see nor more comments on this board such as "Well the one person who has been doing his job well is Dennis Wise", which I recall seeing from one or two posters in the past.

Good riddance and I hope he never gets a job at a football club again

EDIT : Echoing NJS's comment in the KK thread which I have just ready after having posted this :thup:

Ask yourselves this.

Are you happy with the current situation at Newcastle.

If you are, then hes not a disruptive influence.and you could 'enjoy' us being relegated.

If  your not,.. then do you believe DW. influenced us getting here.

If you think he had no influence, then why is he on the payroll.

or as i see it,.. we are in the shit, and he was a big influence in us getting here.

somebody knew what he was talking about

Anyone fancy defining his role with accuracy?

I'm not convinced either of our managers since he came in can.

Neither could the club. :lol:

There is nothing to suggest that he interfered with any first team transfer activity, as everything mentioned in the media was pure speculation and has yet to be proved/disproved.

Proven now like. ;)

Wise thought he had the final say on transfers, a tribunal found that KK had. I'd say that proves he was a disruptive influence (with Ashley's full backing) & that the set up was doomed before it started.

I don't blame Wise for what Ashley asked him to do but he is a despicable twat. Ask that taxi driver and Callum Davidson what they think of him.

I still firmly believe that Wise is just the hate-figure, the target by most fans, when in reality he probably isn't that much to blame, he's just an absolute cock.

"Kevin, We've got a great player for you - just look him up on YouTube"

Blameless?

As I've said a few times - if you are given a title of Executive Director (Football) and sit on the board then you cannot get away with "he probably isn't that much to blame" or blaming his appointer - the buck has to stop at his door.

Talking about the case just before. Reckons Keegan turned down a bigger offer than he received and Ashley wont sell until after the season.

Talking about the case just before. Reckons Keegan turned down a bigger offer than he received and Ashley wont sell until after the season.

kk statement - "I want to state categorically that the allegation that has been made in the press that I turned down an offer of £4 million to settle the claim is simply untrue. No such offer was made to me. "

Sounds like a pathetic show of childish bitterness.

Kev won you little cunt now fuck off