Journal 'sources': Newcastle offer £10m for Veloso

Baggio

Guest justin99.

well I'm looking in vain for any quotes from ashley/kinnear/anyone newcastle asssociated to link this rumour and surprise, surprise, there is none.

journo's look at newcastle's lack transfer inactivity + injury crisis + desperate toon fans + calls for ashley to act = the word newcastle put into every football article

To digress slightly it Kinnear reckons that Ashley has lost 2 Billion pounds and thats why he's struggling to finance transfers but isn't this a paper loss i.e. the value of his holding in Sports Direct. Didn't he bag over 1 Billion in hard cash when he floated the company? He's not as hard up as he and his cronies like to make out.

To digress slightly it Kinnear reckons that Ashley has lost 2 Billion pounds and thats why he's struggling to finance transfers but isn't this a paper loss i.e. the value of his holding in Sports Direct. Didn't he bag over 1 Billion in hard cash when he floated the company? He's not as hard up as he and his cronies like to make out.

Correct. His companies are losing value but his personal wealth hasn't taken a mammoth hit, unless he's been share betting again  :rolleyes:

From what i've been told the drop in the share price of SD has played into MA's hands as he's bought up a load of the shares and now owns around 70% of them again, meaning he effectively netted a billion for nowt.

Guest sicko2ndbest

His company has never been worth 2bn. He bagged nearly 1bn from the floatation and city traders took on the other 50%. So it was only ever worth nearly 2bn at its peak.

Plus SportsDirect International posted exceptionally good figures considering the crunch for the last 6 months trading.

http://www.sports-direct-international.com/library/InterimResults2008FINAL.pdf

In my opinion his looses have come as a result of bad gambling and poor investment. Us being one of them:(

His company has never been worth 2bn. He bagged nearly 1bn from the floatation and city traders took on the other 50%. So it was only ever worth nearly 2bn at its peak.

Plus SportsDirect International posted exceptionally good figures considering the crunch for the last 6 months trading.

In my opinion his looses have come as a result of bad gambling and poor investment. Us being one of them:(

Lets not put too much emphasis on the numbers Kinnear throws about. This is the man who doesn't seem to know how long our players are out for, or how long his new contract is.

Lets not put too much emphasis on the numbers Kinnear throws about. This is the man who doesn't seem to know how long our players are out for, or how long his new contract is.

JK is MA's mouthpiece and imo is clueless about the finances of the club.

All this cash is tight bollocks is a smokescreen. He could easily have rustled up 20m for this window on the first day of the window NOT THE LAST FUKCING WEEK.

ditto! he got the money but he won't invest.... he just see NUFC as same as his share products. unless he feel his products was in danger he won't invest. he just keep investing at minimum base. bollocks if there is no money.

All this cash is tight bollocks is a smokescreen. He could easily have rustled up 20m for this window on the first day of the window NOT THE LAST FUKCING WEEK.

ditto! he got the money but he won't invest.... he just see NUFC as same as his share products. unless he feel his products was in danger he won't invest. he just keep investing at minimum base. bollocks if there is no money.

Yup and that has been the 'plan' from day one. As soon as KK sussed it he was off.

I doubt Man City are interested after buying De Jong, so they might be claiming interest to push us re: Given. (i.e. we will stop chasing Veloso if you sell us Given). Just a thought.

Possibly. If Man City are really after him, then Man City will get him, so the fact that it's still in the balance suggests some kind of wheeler-dealing.