Ryan Taylor

Dave

Unless he wants to go it's pointless selling him. He's a fair third choice in a couple of positions and we won't make any sort of money out of him. Just keep him, like i keep saying, we need to have a squad with actual depth for once.

Yup.  A lot of people seem to ignore this.  No doubt they'll be complaining next season when we have a few injuries.

I'm not sure how Ryan Taylor is capable of contributing to squad depth. He's either a RB who's defensively absolutely atrocious or a RW who can't run or beat a man. :lol:

I'd rather have a third choice RB/RW than no third choice. He's nowhere near Smith levels of uselessness.

Unless he wants to go it's pointless selling him. He's a fair third choice in a couple of positions and we won't make any sort of money out of him. Just keep him, like i keep saying, we need to have a squad with actual depth for once.

Yup.  A lot of people seem to ignore this.  No doubt they'll be complaining next season when we have a few injuries.

I'm not sure how Ryan Taylor is capable of contributing to squad depth. He's either a RB who's defensively absolutely atrocious or a RW who can't run or beat a man. :lol:

This.

He's one of the large number of players on our books that need shipping out.

A large number of players? I'd say he's one of two or three who are expendable, but i'd still rather keep him. We've got a small squad as it is. If we ship out a 'large number', we're just cutting our nose off to spite our face. I wish we'd get out of the mentality that just because a player doesn't automatically command a place in the first 17 - he MUST be sold.

:rolleyes: We're talking about our third choice winger/right-back. What are you expecting? You can't really discount the rash red-worthy challenge from yesterday, but he was having a decent game up till then.

See above. He cannot even do the basics required of someone in those positions.

He's incapable of contributing at this level. He's just a liability.

Agreed, Lua Lua should be fit soon and we'd get more from him over 90 minutes than Taylor.

I hope so but I'm sure Taylor would look like a world beater in League 1.

:rolleyes: We're talking about our third choice winger/right-back. What are you expecting? You can't really discount the rash red-worthy challenge from yesterday, but he was having a decent game up till then.

See above. He cannot even do the basics required of someone in those positions.

Right well i think that's over-the-top criticism. He's not a very good player but i'd have him in the squad next year; agree to disagree.

Agreed, Lua Lua should be fit soon and we'd get more from him over 90 minutes than Taylor.

He looked dogshite in The Championship, which pretty much rules that out.

He's looked OK here when played.

He looked decent against Accrington but he's only had a handful of sub appearances for the first team hasn't he?

League 1 is lower than the Champhionship isn't it?

And he never looked 'dogshite.'

He looked decent against Accrington but he's only had a handful of sub appearances for the first team hasn't he?

He's made 13 first team appearances but should have had more games last season when Guthrie was played on the wing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

League 1 is lower than the Champhionship isn't it?

And he never looked 'dogshite.'

At right back. He can't defend to save his life.

He is indeed the fabled shite of the dog variety like. I'd have him up there with Smith tbh. People seem to go on some of his goals and this final ball he's supposed to have. I'm all for getting rid providing we have a vast improvement in say...the form of Lua Lua.

Ryan Taylor came into the game in [barton's] place, and we didn’t notice the seam if I’m honest.

I thought Ryan was terrific.

:snod:

Truth is, he was ok before the sending off.  The sending off was just madness, and he's not good enough for this level.

But he was okay, and I'd dare say that rises to good considering he pretty much hasn't played this season.

He whipped in one really nice corner that someone should have scored from, but no one went for it.

But yeah, should be off in the summer for someone better.

Good man-management, but he wasn't anywhere near terrific, he was absolutely crud. Tidy, but crud.

Players who hide and come up with nice touches every now and then - Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Raylor - get too much credit on here.

Good man-management, but he wasn't anywhere near terrific, he was absolutely crud. Tidy, but crud.

Players who hide and come up with nice touches every now and then - Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Raylor - get too much credit on here.

Don't think you could ever accuse this forum of giving too much credit to Ryan Taylor like.

I'll take that from our third choice right-mid.

Guest neesy111

Don't think you could ever accuse this forum of giving too much credit to Ryan Taylor like.

Could do with Guthrie mind.  I've been shot down on a number of occasions for saying Guthrie is rubbish.