Ryan Taylor

Dave

Why all the critisism?! He did well yesterday. And Gervinho did nowt, so where has this "skinned" chat come from?

Couldn't have expected any more from a backup RM playing at LB. It's just wrong that some people on here must have pre-written posts slagging him off before the match has even kicked off.

He did get skinned a couple of times in the first half to be fair. But like others have said, he seems a top pro and it wouldnt have been easy out on the left. Good effort from the half way line too.

Guest bimpy474

I thought he made some good tackles 2nd half and improved as the game went on, Gervinho is going to give problems to plenty of proper and better left backs this season thats for sure, final ball was utter pap but still think he's a very good buy.

He's not a defender. I can't believe RB is his favourite position.

Right wing for him like

we should played

Tayls---Willi----Colo---Simo

Have a fullback at fullback

But I thought we kept a clean sheet yesterday with the back four that started? Raylor done OK, nothing special but also nothing wrong with his performance either.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't let the clean sheet fool you, Ryan Taylor's positioning was pretty shocking throughout the game. Colo had to cover him and guide him throughout the game.

wouldn't have minded him taking the majority of dead balls yesterday. the delivery from barton and cabaye was woeful in what was possibly going to be our best way of scoring.

The one he did take was the worst of the whole game.

wouldn't have minded him taking the majority of dead balls yesterday. the delivery from barton and cabaye was woeful in what was possibly going to be our best way of scoring.

The one he did take was the worst of the whole game.

maybe he wouldn't have done it as repeatedly as the others.

Gervinho went past Taylor for fun in the first half. I'm not blaming him, it was just down to the gulf in class between the two. Simpson dealt with him much better when he switched wings by backing off and not committing to the challange.

Gervinho killed Ryan Taylor for the first 35~ minutes, but he then just about started to get to grips with him somewhat. When Ryan Taylor had to deal with Walcott he did it incredibly well.

I've not seen anyone's views on Simpson from here since the match, but I can't be the only one to think he was dreadful? His positioning is absolutely terrible, he's constantly in the wrong place. I was quite irritated that Ryan Taylor, a right-midfielder playing at left-back was taking up far superior defensive positions to our natural right-back, who was all over the shop for the vast majority of the game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Gervinho went past Taylor for fun in the first half. I'm not blaming him, it was just down to the gulf in class between the two. Simpson dealt with him much better when he switched wings by backing off and not committing to the challange.

Gervinho killed Ryan Taylor for the first 35~ minutes, but he then just about started to get to grips with him somewhat. When Ryan Taylor had to deal with Walcott he did it incredibly well.

I've not seen anyone's views on Simpson from here since the match, but I can't be the only one to think he was dreadful? His positioning is absolutely terrible, he's constantly in the wrong place. I was quite irritated that Ryan Taylor, a right-midfielder playing at left-back was taking up far superior defensive positions to our natural right-back, who was all over the shop for the vast majority of the game.

Simpson was decent. Strong in the tackle and showed some good anticipation to cover across the centre halves.

Guest bimpy474

Simpson was decent. Strong in the tackle and showed some good anticipation to cover across the centre halves.

Covering across is his best attribute at the moment, does that very well.

Guest Stephen927

I don't think he's even that good of a pro. He always seems shit scared when he plays. Very uncomfortable player.