Blackburn got 10,000

Guest toonlass

Newcastle has a far wider catchment area than Blackburn. Their really is no comparison between the  two clubs on drawing attendances. We are much bigger news than Blackburn that's why we would get stick for it and it would also sell papers as we fall from one crisis into the next. No one cares if Blackburn get 10k.

seconded, get over it!

Newcastle has a population of 189,863. Blackburn has a population of 105,085. If we only had a 20,000 attendance at the match (which is a bigger ratio of population) then we would be lambasted. Its bollocks and you know it!

How many would we be getting if Man United played in Sunderland and Liverpool and Everton played in Middlesborough?

Who cares. We are not counting Manchester or Liverpool in their population. There are plenty of Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal fans in Newcastle!

Toonlass, you are mistaken, the population of Newcastle city is around 260,000 due to outdated city boundaries. The real city population however is the population of Tyneside which is 880,000 making Newcastle about the 7th biggest city in the UK.  Its MILES bigger than Blackburn.

Or another way of looking at it is that only 15,000 of Blackburn's usual attendance deserted them for the FA Cup, compared to nearly 27,000 of Newcastle's fans in a similar situation.

The figures clearly show therefore that Blackburn fans are considerably more loyal than Newcastle fans.

Thought that might illustrate how daft this thread is. If you're going to pick on fans, stick to Chelsea.

Or another way of looking at it is that only 15,000 of Blackburn's usual attendance deserted them for the FA Cup, compared to nearly 27,000 of Newcastle's fans in a similar situation.

The figures clearly show therefore that Blackburn fans are considerably more loyal than Newcastle fans.

Thought that might illustrate how daft this thread is. If you're going to pick on fans, stick to Chelsea.

I agree with you completely, but you probably upset a few people on here.  Tin helmet time.

What do we care who anyone else's attendance is.

Blackburn's a small town and they have to compete for fans with a bunch of other Premiership clubs. Hardly their fault they're located where they are.

You are kidding right? 10,000? There are divison 4 (sorry league 2) teams with higher attendances.

I just find the practice of looking down on other clubs based on attendance figures to be entirely pointless.

Attendance is based on a whole bunch of factors the club has no influence over like geography/population. They're a club in a city of barely 100,000 people located right next to a giant glory-hunter magnet in Man United. 20,000 average and lows of around 10,000 is normal.

Bollocks, had we got 20,000 for a cup game it would be all over the back of the Sun. 10,000 is shite for a team that won the premiership.

We only got 20,000 against Tottenham in the league cup.

To be fair toonlass I see what oldtype is saying, there are 100,000 people in Blackburn compared with nearly 1 million people on Tyneside.

Blackburn are shite, Sunderland are shite, so really its not THAT bad an attendance.

Newcastle has a population of 189,863. Blackburn has a population of 105,085.

You know full well that doesn't tell the whole story.

Guest toonlass

I am not saying that we have fabulous support, or any better. When we get 20,000 in the cup games that is pathetic too. But still 10,000 is crap for two premier league teams.

Guest toonlass

I've read less unnecessarily outraged hate in the Daily Mail.

You mistake hate for shock mate. I was genuinely surprised at the attendance last night. No hatred involved.

I've read less unnecessarily outraged hate in the Daily Mail.

You mistake hate for shock mate. I was genuinely surprised at the attendance last night. No hatred involved.

I'm not surprised.

One of the poorest regions in the country, a recession, loads of rival clubs, a long exile out of top flight football until 1992, a midweek game, a small population. A non-ST game. A poor team.

Happenned before and will happen again. You'd see similar happen at the likes of Bolton and Wigan.

Nottingham Forest v Derby got 29,001!

Aye but that's a local derby with the winners getting to host Man U (probably televised) in the next round.  ???

Blackburn v Sunderland with both teams leaving loads of players out was never going to get many going to it tbf.

I'd be interested to know what the ticket prices were, like. I'm not totally sure but i understand it's not the most affluent area, is it? Combining the other factors, as others have said, it's disappointing but not unexpected. Has Blackburn's support always been this dreary?

I'd be interested to know what the ticket prices were, like. I'm not totally sure but i understand it's not the most affluent area, is it? Combining the other factors, as others have said, it's disappointing but not unexpected. Has Blackburn's support always been this dreary?

£15 I think. As has been said, the size of Blackburn and proximity of about 10 other league clubs has always contributed to them not having a huge fanbase. A far better excuse than Portsmouth's imo.

Guest Stephen927

Both managers had been talking before the game about resting players for the Premier League.

The cup is no longer as important as it was, plus no one has any money for a Cup replay of what was already a boring game up in Sunderland.