Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would love to see this formation:

..........................................Harps.........................................

RTaylor................ Bass .......................Colo ....................Jose

......................................Guthrie.............................................

.........................Nolan............................Jonas........................

...............Martins..................................................Lov...............

.......................................Viduka...............................................

I think that since the last 4 times we've rushed V-bomber back into the starting 11 he has broken down within a month, we should be keeping him in cotton wool for another fortnight and making sure he is 100% before he plays.

Having said that I'm sure the NUFC phyios are already telling him he'll be right, no worries mate.

I think that since the last 4 times we've rushed V-bomber back into the starting 11 he has broken down within a month, we should be keeping him in cotton wool for another fortnight and making sure he is 100% before he plays.

Having said that I'm sure the NUFC phyios are already telling him he'll be right, no worries mate.

it'll be a fortnight since his last appearance if he plays against everton, tho i see your point. id start him and take hm off after an hour, or use him as a sub after the same amount of time.

This is what I would like to see:

--------------Harps--------------

RTaylor--Colo---Bassong--Enrique

Duff--Nolan--Butt---Jonas

-------Oba----Lovenkrands

Duff works his arse off and Rtaylor is needed for set pieces and is probably a better defender than Staylor. I would even think about replacing Colo with STaylor to give him a kick up the rear!

Whoever mentioned that ameobi/carrol would be outfought by Lescott & jagielka are totally correct, pace is the one thing they will worry about...

Agree with your team, bar would maybe have S Taylor in at RB. If the team is as above and especially if Jonas and Martins do make it, confident we'll do well.

..........................................Harps.........................................

RTaylor................ Bass .......................Colo ....................Jose

......................................Guthrie.............................................

.........................Nolan............................Jonas........................

...............Martins..................................................Lov...............

.......................................Viduka...............................................

Jonas isn't a central midfielder and the position you have him is centre midfield. Although, i like the idea of the front three.

.........................Nolan............................<b>Jonas</b>........................

I'd also like to see Gutierrez in this role either side of a three he hasn't any kind of delivery to be playing as a Winger; although I'd like to see this when the trio of Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins and Mark Viduka are all fit to play up top.

When all fit...

Harper

Coloccini  Bassong

Beye                           Enrique

Butt

Barton        Gutierrez

Owen  Viduka  Martins         

For Everton...

Harper

Coloccini  Bassong

R.Taylor                       Enrique

Nolan   Butt

Gutierrez                     Duff

Viduka  Martins

I'm predicting that JohnnyPD will be the first to announce any goals in this game. I suspect that during games he has "GOALLLL!!!1" typed out and when Mick Lowes shouts, he hits POST.

Brilliant news, Cahill is always a thorn in our side and Nicky Butt would be the man given the responsibility to "look after" him.

Hopefully Gutierrez will give there make-shift right back a torrid time.

What happens if Cahill gets another yellow today? Will he be suspended against Bolton in the midweek then?

Not sure, although yellow card totters generally take a week to kick in. If we were playing on Saturday i think he would be available.

Hibbert and Cahill already suspended then.

Still possiblities that Neville, Arteta and Lescott could also if they pick up yellows today.

Only really bothered about Arteta, we don't defend set pieces with conviction.

I think we cause them problems at STP regardless of their back four.

Brilliant news, Cahill is always a thorn in our side and Nicky Butt would be the man given the responsibility to "look after" him.

i think lars Jacobsen would cover for hibbert. He haven´t really played for them since he arrived in the  summer! difficult to say if he is better than hibbert, thinking of his rutine!

i think lars Jacobsen would cover for hibbert. He haven´t really played for them since he arrived in the  summer! difficult to say if he is better than hibbert, thinking of his rutine!

As much as i think Hibbert is a decent right back, i think Gutierrez would have given him a really hard afteroon. Therefore if Jacobson is of a similar standard, the same should apply.