Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

I think is going to be a right battle, I just hope we come out of it with a win!

I'm going for 2-1 to us but I honestly feel like it has a draw written all over it...

Raylor with a freekick goal and jonas with a tap-in :)

If i was manager i will start:

Harper

S.Taylor       Colocinni        Basong      Enrique

Jonas         Nolan           Lua-Lua       R.Taylor

Martins         Viduka

Why would you start Raylor on the left and Jonas on the right?

The team I would like to see:

Harper

S.Taylor      Coloccini     Basong    Enrique

R.Taylor      Butt     Nolan           Jonas

Martins    Lovenkrans

I think is going to be a right battle, I just hope we come out of it with a win!

I'm going for 2-1 to us but I honestly feel like it has a draw written all over it...

Remember that goal Milner scored where he totally scuffed the ball from a yard out and it ended up dribbling over the line?

That's what Jonas' first goal will be like. :lol:

Remember that goal Milner scored where he totally scuffed the ball from a yard out and it ended up dribbling over the line?

That's what Jonas' first goal will be like. :lol:

do you honestly think Jonas will ever score! even with a trickle.

The team I would like to see:

Harper

S.Taylor      Coloccini     Basong    Enrique

R.Taylor      Butt     Nolan           Jonas

Martins    Lovenkrans

This but Duff for Butt and move Nolan to holding midfield.

As I've said, the Everton forums are full of illiterate mongs who can't construct a sentence nevermind an argument, but why shouldn't they/we be confident ahead of a game where a win would usually be expected, given the current situations of the 2 clubs?

As I've said, the Everton forums are full of illiterate mongs who can't construct a sentence nevermind an argument, but why shouldn't they/we be confident ahead of a game where a win would usually be expected, given the current situations of the 2 clubs?

I think Martins and Lovenkrands will have you on the back foot if they both play, home win.

I think Martins and Lovenkrands will have you on the back foot if they both play, home win.

If the midfield provides them with some service. Their pace imo is useless if they're not playing on the shoulder of the defenders, if they come deep for the ball then that will suit us just fine.

If the midfield provides them with some service. Their pace imo is useless if they're not playing on the shoulder of the defenders, if they come deep for the ball then that will suit us just fine.

Jonas is good at holding onto the ball and in Martins and Lovenkrands we'll have a couple of mobile targets for him to aim at.

Jonas is good at holding onto the ball and in Martins and Lovenkrands we'll have a couple of mobile targets for him to aim at.

What are the chances of Martins starting? I was under the impression he was bench-fit.

We're theoretically there for the taking, I agree, but the more adverse the situation gets, the more resilient we get. And we're already pretty hard to break down in the first place. Just can't see where these 3-1 predictions are coming from. But it's a great chance for Newcastle, it's whether you can perform for 90 minutes.

Guest optimistic nit

he gets a lot of criticism on the forum but i noticed vs west brom that when jonas isn't playing we seem to have far less posession. it may have just been that game, but we had far less possession which i put down to jonas' ability to keep the ball and tackle back.

What are the chances of Martins starting? I was under the impression he was bench-fit.

We're theoretically there for the taking, I agree, but the more adverse the situation gets, the more resilient we get. And we're already pretty hard to break down in the first place. Just can't see where these 3-1 predictions are coming from. But it's a great chance for Newcastle, it's whether you can perform for 90 minutes.

Martins has had a good few training sessions since his operation so he should be OK for a start, I just hope that we've got the bottle to pick our two quickest players, I'm not convinced that we have the bottle though.

Our biggest weakness will be Nicky Butt being ripped apart through the middle, he's my biggest worry and a possible liability if you pack the midfield.

I know you're hard to break down, that's why I hope we go for pace.

he gets a lot of criticism on the forum but i noticed vs west brom that when jonas isn't playing we seem to have far less posession. it may have just been that game, but we had far less possession which i put down to jonas' ability to keep the ball and tackle back.

just ignore mongs who diss wor jonas, he provides spark, determination and ball control for us. not many players can perform miracles when they're in the shit like we are..

We haven't seen Jonas play in a team with genuine pace, I hope we get the chance on Sunday.

I think this is a classic example of having to score when you're on top. You are certainly going to have a spell or 2 where you will be on the front foot, whether it be through chances, general pressure, Jonas going on runs, tackling back, getting the crowd noise cranked up.

I agree pace is the way forward, what other options do you have instead of Oba and Lov? I thought Carroll/Ameobi were injured?

I also think, as hinted at with some of the comments, that Jonas will be key. It's time to see how he performs with mobile targets in front of him, i.e. whether he has the quality to split the defence, because it'll have to be pretty good to do so.

Or, all of this analysis is utter dogs**t, and Ryan Taylor will score from 30 yards.

And not a simple Hadouken, Kaiz?

Guest optimistic nit

We haven't seen Jonas play in a team with genuine pace, I hope we get the chance on Sunday.

movement is the key though, martin's movement off the ball is certainly better than carroll and shola but not brilliant overall. jonas' ball to set up owen in one of those games recently (not sure which) was brilliant. hopefully lovenkrands has good off the ball movement, i have a feeling he has although i'm not sure what i'm basing that on :lol:

jonas doesn't just need to be in a team with quick strikers, he needs to be in a team that creates space. we've seen what he can to in a team that cant, he plays well but once he beats a man he's straight on to the next one, but if he gets space i think he'll shine.