Llambias Q&A with Chronicle: OP updated with Thursday's articles

Guest neesy111

Get back in your own thread NE5.

nowt to say then ?

Just joking man, I'm pretty bored, we all know spending money improves your chances of doing well, but it's not a given, you need the right manager, the right scouts and the right amount of money but you can do well without spending massive amount if you have the right manager e.g. Moyes and Everton.

on the other hand, if you are lucky enough to get a decent manager, and it IS a lottery, and don't back him, he'll be off. Like Moyes, unless Everton are taken over or it all suddenly goes tits up for him.

When you say "do well", how well do YOU want to do ?

It's a lottery getting a good manager?

No it's a skill, not an easy one but it is definately a skill.

is it now ?

We'll see how easily Arsenal replace Wenger and ManU replace Ferguson.

Or Everton replace Moyes ..........

Even a "good manager" isn't necessarily the "right manager", which I suppose adds credence to NE5's "lottery" theory.

Bit simplistic on the whole though, as usual.

you mean "realistic", as usual. Which also, as usual, too many people fail to grasp.

were you happy with the kinnear appointment ?

hey getting a good manager is a lottery right,surely theres as much chance getting a s*** one to turn out good results as there is a good one turning out bad to your thinking or maybe you are piffling again in anattempt to detect any criticism from the your beloved fred ?

(conversly it must work with players aswell...shevchenko,veron,woodgate at real,keane at liverpool......good players who didn't do it so surely it means it's pointless spending big as these players prove it works)

i'll stop you in your tracks........."back your manager"............what with ? where was the money going to come from......at this point you mention the debt of others and as always i mention the debt of the top 4 is different to ours as they are making money aside from those with sugar daddies where as we have consistently made losses (not a good scenario when begging to the banks with few assets left to hock). look at the other clubs who,like us have lived beyond their means,they are all cutting right back and ask yourself what liverpools or arsenals spending would be like if they missed out on the champs league for 3 or 4 years ?

often on here you have alluded to others having thir heads in the sand but it is clear the one one doing an ostrich is yourself in relation to the position fred left us in.

silly.

Especially when there are still people hell bent on defending Ashley to the bitter end, and I mean bitter end = relegation and with little chance of coming back.

Pleased for you that you still appear to write off all those european qualifications and champions league appearances and the manner in which they were achieved.

Still, nobody is "embarrassing us" any more, right ?

BORING !

we've covered the euro qualifications to death as that has little to do with the position we were in spring 2007.

defending ashley to the bitter end......like you defending fred ?

i never mentioned being embarassed by fred's utterences.

nice to see you keep your head in the sand re our position when fred left.

you mentioned Shepherd, not me, with a silly childish comment.

Yep, I will "defend" anybody who gave me the only 15 years out of 45 that tried to compete at the levels this club should always compete at, and thus gave me the best most consistent and highest league positions as a result.  As I've said before. 

Then you should be happy that your season ticket money is going towards paying the bills he racked up in the process.

The alternative is of course, only supporting the club when they are winning, as you did when the Halls and Shepherd took over [if you even did that]

Was that the Hall/Shepherd era where we were nearly relegated from the 1st division? Or the Hall/Shepherd era where we were finishing 13th in the league despite the big spending?

nah, the Hall/Shepherd who took over a club days from bankruptcy, getting 15000 gates and couldn't be sold for 1.25m quid, that became a club filling a 52000 all seater stadium, playing in the champions league, qualifying for europe more than anybody but 4 clubs, and was valued at anything between 100m and 200m quid.

I am sorry you feel the need to scorn the big spending that did all of that, what a shame you would have preferred solvency and 2nd division obscurity instead of beating Barcelona and playing in the San Siro.

You really are one blinkered old man aren't you. Who said I didn't appreciate the wonderful football we have experienced, but you paint the Hall/Shepherd days with such rose-tinted spectacles. You fail to see what it has cost this club to get these things. You know I wouldn't prefer to be in the 2nd division, but a happy medium of the club not being whored out to pay for the fabulous football we saw would have been nice, do you not think? As for the £100-£200 million quid. Are you happy that Sir John Hall and Fred Shepherd pocketed over £180 million between them when this club was sold, especially since Sir John Hall stood on the steps of St James when he first bought the club and stated he wasn't in it for the money! YEAH RIGHT!

oh dear. Resorting to insults. How old are you ? I'm not old you daft bugger, and I'm in good health too. If you don't want to listen to others who have seen things [without meaning to sound patronising] then you really do have a serious problem, and are talking like a naive teenager.

I don't believe you saw the mediocrity of the 1970's and 1980's if you think the souness, Roeder and Allardyce league positions were mediocre league positions.

Sorry like, but I don't. I believed you at first but your own comments have gave me the impression I now have.

I have no idea what makes you think I am happy with money going out of the club. All I have said is that the Halls and Shepherd are by far the best owners we have had in 50 years, in fact, the ONLY good owners in that time. To that extent, they deserved something, for the job they did and the initial risks they took, taking over the club in the state it was in.

And don't compare the state of the club in 1991 to now, because believe me, it was miles apart.

but we're in the same league position now as we were when shepherd left, so its not the league positions you care about? but how much money we spend? seems weird.

I don't ever remember us being in such a relegation scrap under Shepherd's tenure though.

point taken, but remember we're always only one or two results away from being out of it (just as much as the opposite is true i understand). but to criticise ashley on current league position while stating that the souness roeder allardyce finishes were not mediocre is hypocritical, whereas to criticise ashley on financial grounds is at best naive and at worst a blatant agenda.

I really don't know how many times this has to be said. A board that backs their manager and shows ambition will always be better than one who choose not to.

i agree, however i feel thats over simplifying the issue somewhat, dont you? in light of the clubs current financial status?

You mean seeing 2 of our best players, one of whom has been a fabric of the club and couldn't wait to get away, and our captain to follow soon, is over-simplifying ? I don't think so. In fact, its frightening.

no thats not what i mean because thats not what i said. i dont really think thats relevant to backing the manager? as it opens a whole load of other issues regarding whether jfk wanted given and n'zogbia to stay, what the club did to keep them etc, so lets not side track. i agree with you that boards should back their managers financially, but given the clubs finances at present, how should the board be providing more than they currently are?

I'm not sure either, but maybe Shay Given could shed some light on it ? As well as Keegan and Owen ? Don't you find their actions tell you something ?

i reckon they'd tell you they left cos the club aint going to be challenging anytime soon (and i would say it it was down to the financial mess we are in)

you would say we should have kept on borrowing to keep these players ,cross your fingers and hope we find success before the banks say "no" or "err can we have our money back please"

I understand what you and the others are saying. You wish we hadnt' played in the Champions League rather than aim for a relegation and solvency, and you think every club except us is successful, always appoint the right man, and make profits at the same time

Guest toonlass

nowt to say then ?

Just joking man, I'm pretty bored, we all know spending money improves your chances of doing well, but it's not a given, you need the right manager, the right scouts and the right amount of money but you can do well without spending massive amount if you have the right manager e.g. Moyes and Everton.

on the other hand, if you are lucky enough to get a decent manager, and it IS a lottery, and don't back him, he'll be off. Like Moyes, unless Everton are taken over or it all suddenly goes tits up for him.

is it now ?

Even a "good manager" isn't necessarily the "right manager", which I suppose adds credence to NE5's "lottery" theory.

you mean "realistic", as usual. Which also, as usual, too many people fail to grasp.

hey getting a good manager is a lottery right,surely theres as much chance getting a s*** one to turn out good results as there is a good one turning out bad to your thinking or maybe you are piffling again in anattempt to detect any criticism from the your beloved fred ?

(conversly it must work with players aswell...shevchenko,veron,woodgate at real,keane at liverpool......good players who didn't do it so surely it means it's pointless spending big as these players prove it works)

i'll stop you in your tracks........."back your manager"............what with ? where was the money going to come from......at this point you mention the debt of others and as always i mention the debt of the top 4 is different to ours as they are making money aside from those with sugar daddies where as we have consistently made losses (not a good scenario when begging to the banks with few assets left to hock). look at the other clubs who,like us have lived beyond their means,they are all cutting right back and ask yourself what liverpools or arsenals spending would be like if they missed out on the champs league for 3 or 4 years ?

often on here you have alluded to others having thir heads in the sand but it is clear the one one doing an ostrich is yourself in relation to the position fred left us in.

silly.

Especially when there are still people hell bent on defending Ashley to the bitter end, and I mean bitter end = relegation and with little chance of coming back.

Pleased for you that you still appear to write off all those european qualifications and champions league appearances and the manner in which they were achieved.

BORING !

we've covered the euro qualifications to death as that has little to do with the position we were in spring 2007.

Yep, I will "defend" anybody who gave me the only 15 years out of 45 that tried to compete at the levels this club should always compete at, and thus gave me the best most consistent and highest league positions as a result.  As I've said before. 

Then you should be happy that your season ticket money is going towards paying the bills he racked up in the process.

The alternative is of course, only supporting the club when they are winning, as you did when the Halls and Shepherd took over [if you even did that]

Was that the Hall/Shepherd era where we were nearly relegated from the 1st division? Or the Hall/Shepherd era where we were finishing 13th in the league despite the big spending?

nah, the Hall/Shepherd who took over a club days from bankruptcy, getting 15000 gates and couldn't be sold for 1.25m quid, that became a club filling a 52000 all seater stadium, playing in the champions league, qualifying for europe more than anybody but 4 clubs, and was valued at anything between 100m and 200m quid.

I am sorry you feel the need to scorn the big spending that did all of that, what a shame you would have preferred solvency and 2nd division obscurity instead of beating Barcelona and playing in the San Siro.

You really are one blinkered old man aren't you. Who said I didn't appreciate the wonderful football we have experienced, but you paint the Hall/Shepherd days with such rose-tinted spectacles. You fail to see what it has cost this club to get these things. You know I wouldn't prefer to be in the 2nd division, but a happy medium of the club not being whored out to pay for the fabulous football we saw would have been nice, do you not think? As for the £100-£200 million quid. Are you happy that Sir John Hall and Fred Shepherd pocketed over £180 million between them when this club was sold, especially since Sir John Hall stood on the steps of St James when he first bought the club and stated he wasn't in it for the money! YEAH RIGHT!

oh dear. Resorting to insults. How old are you ? I'm not old you daft bugger, and I'm in good health too. If you don't want to listen to others who have seen things [without meaning to sound patronising] then you really do have a serious problem, and are talking like a naive teenager.

I don't believe you saw the mediocrity of the 1970's and 1980's if you think the souness, Roeder and Allardyce league positions were mediocre league positions.

Sorry like, but I don't. I believed you at first but your own comments have gave me the impression I now have.

I have no idea what makes you think I am happy with money going out of the club. All I have said is that the Halls and Shepherd are by far the best owners we have had in 50 years, in fact, the ONLY good owners in that time. To that extent, they deserved something, for the job they did and the initial risks they took, taking over the club in the state it was in.

And don't compare the state of the club in 1991 to now, because believe me, it was miles apart.

but we're in the same league position now as we were when shepherd left, so its not the league positions you care about? but how much money we spend? seems weird.

I don't ever remember us being in such a relegation scrap under Shepherd's tenure though.

point taken, but remember we're always only one or two results away from being out of it (just as much as the opposite is true i understand). but to criticise ashley on current league position while stating that the souness roeder allardyce finishes were not mediocre is hypocritical, whereas to criticise ashley on financial grounds is at best naive and at worst a blatant agenda.

I really don't know how many times this has to be said. A board that backs their manager and shows ambition will always be better than one who choose not to.

i agree, however i feel thats over simplifying the issue somewhat, dont you? in light of the clubs current financial status?

You mean seeing 2 of our best players, one of whom has been a fabric of the club and couldn't wait to get away, and our captain to follow soon, is over-simplifying ? I don't think so. In fact, its frightening.

no thats not what i mean because thats not what i said. i dont really think thats relevant to backing the manager? as it opens a whole load of other issues regarding whether jfk wanted given and n'zogbia to stay, what the club did to keep them etc, so lets not side track. i agree with you that boards should back their managers financially, but given the clubs finances at present, how should the board be providing more than they currently are?

I'm not sure either, but maybe Shay Given could shed some light on it ? As well as Keegan and Owen ? Don't you find their actions tell you something ?

i reckon they'd tell you they left cos the club aint going to be challenging anytime soon (and i would say it it was down to the financial mess we are in)

you would say we should have kept on borrowing to keep these players ,cross your fingers and hope we find success before the banks say "no" or "err can we have our money back please"

I understand what you and the others are saying. You wish we hadnt' played in the Champions League rather than aim for a relegation and solvency, and you think every club except us is successful, always appoint the right man, and make profits at the same time

I don't think anyone has said that. But the spending that was being done could not be sustained indefinitely.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

shay given could shed some light on our finances i'm sure, by confirming that man city could afford to pay him more than we can, which isnt news. same goes for owen, are we to assume keegan left because we didnt have enough money to spend on players? i fail to see how any of them could provide some financial advice as to HOW to provide more financial backing than we can afford, short of them personally lending us money?

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

you must surely accept though that if mistakes are made and things dont go as planned, there MUST be a period of re-building?

I have stopped reading the rubbish, read what was said on the first day but it means nothing. Non of them are serious about this club, if Ashley had any idea at all he would have a football man as Chairman, no DOF, Wis gone all together and a propper decent proven manager in place.

They can spout all this crap about thier plan blah blah blah but we all know that if things do not change noww will not be a Premiership club in 5 years time.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

you must surely accept though that if mistakes are made and things dont go as planned, there MUST be a period of re-building?

Not that I have any sort of intention of getting involved in this debate at all, but I think it's worth noting that our spending during Shepherd's last two windows was pretty Ashley-esque in his scope. We had quite clearly run out of money after the Owen and Luque fiascos.

If the sale had never happened  I wouldn't be surprised if Shepherd himself would be telling the fans right now that mistakes had been made financially and that we needed a period of moderation.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

oh we know that trick,the one where you try to make out someone said something they didn't.

what i am saying (and you well know it) is that after dropping out the champs league you can gamble a bit to get back in,but if you fail and you keep on gambling and failing.....you end up like all other gamblers who fail.

still awaiting your answer by the way of where the money would come from year on year when making losses year on year and do you understand that you can't keep borrowing for ever.

You understand nothing, nobody is complaining about when we played in the CL or what we spent to get into that position.  People are complaining that we spent £50 million to go from 5th to 14th and got into a position where our income wasn't enough to cover our annual spending.

NE5, look some moron has hacked your account and they are trying to make you look like a hypocrite, sly bastards. 

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60137.msg1702397.html#msg1702397

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/llambias_response.php

Response to Derek Llambias interview

We dont want to talk about Kevin Keegan, which is an issue they will insist on talking about. Unfortunately, thats not what the tone is.

Unfortunately this statement, above all, demonstrates how out of touch Derek Llambias and the entire Mike Ashley regime are with what it is fans are asking for.

Kevin Keegan, although forever a legend at this club, is past history. Our rather more pressing concern is to establish how Mike Ashley intends to drive the club forward and reinforce how the fans of NUFC can and need to be a significant part of it, going forward.

I'm sorry but that bit does not stack up to everything which NUSC has publically stood for since day one.

They want Ashley out, pure and simply there has been no 'we want to establish how he intends to take the club forward.

The rest of the response seems prety measured though, and is an improvement on past statements.

They've made a pretty obvious shift towards that IMO, before this latest statement.

Agreed.

People need to understand the dynamics of how the origingal catalyst (setting up NUSC to as a protest against Ashley primarily), slowly but surely turns into a more well rounded and considered approach. It is the very nature of all protest movemets, sooner or later you're having coffee with the people who you started out protesting against etc... :thup:

Having listened to the meeting they quite clearly remain a one-issue protest group, everything else they supposedly do it simply window dressing designed to allow them to pass themselves off as a genuine supporters' group.

Don't get me wrong, there's obviously some people (Tom for example) who have genuine intentions to work towards building something, but the majority of the people involved are only interested in one thing and the "leadership" appear to be mainly motivated by ego.

There's little to no considered thought gone into nearly everything they've done so far, they don't even know what they stand for, for f***'s sake, and they're organising a rally to promote, protest, highlight... ...erm, they're organising a rally for some reason - f*** knows why, they don't seem to. :dontknow:

It's only been running a couple of months, but I see you've already judged it.

Well, yeah, that's what I said, wasn't it?

In those few months they've shown enough for me to make a judgement on them and I judge them: s***.

The things that have lead me to judge them so continue and show no signs of changing: They don't know what they stand for, they're more interested in being on telly than actually helping the situation, they're arrogant beyond belief, they lack intelligence in the way they go about things, they don't learn from their mistakes, they lie, they are not open to different opinions, they have no solutions, they are unable to plan anything, they have no concept of how to communicate, they make things worse rather than better, they are charging people money (for what!?!), they are hypocrites, they claim to be a supporters' club but are clearly a single-issue protest group therefore making it less likely that a true supporters' group will develop, and so-on. Or in other words: they're s***.

My opinion remains open to change should they address some or all of these issues, however they show no signs of doing so, so I'm not holding my breath.

With a few minor changes the main paragraph of the above could equally apply to the management team at the club.

If that's your opinion, you're entitled to it, but I fail to see how that would provide support for NUSC? In fact, it would simply increase the level of their hypocrisy.

The way I look at it, whatever side you're on in the great Ashley/Keegan debate, NUSC are still doing a s*** job.

I didn't say that it (the paragraph) did support NUSC, I merely pointed out that the words could apply to the management. It does appear that we, as a group of supporters, are becoming somewhat entrenched in terms of who we support. There are faults on both sides in my view and that was my point. And thanks for letting me be entitled to an opinion.

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/llambias_response.php

Response to Derek Llambias interview

We dont want to talk about Kevin Keegan, which is an issue they will insist on talking about. Unfortunately, thats not what the tone is.

Unfortunately this statement, above all, demonstrates how out of touch Derek Llambias and the entire Mike Ashley regime are with what it is fans are asking for.

Kevin Keegan, although forever a legend at this club, is past history. Our rather more pressing concern is to establish how Mike Ashley intends to drive the club forward and reinforce how the fans of NUFC can and need to be a significant part of it, going forward.

I'm sorry but that bit does not stack up to everything which NUSC has publically stood for since day one.

They want Ashley out, pure and simply there has been no 'we want to establish how he intends to take the club forward.

The rest of the response seems prety measured though, and is an improvement on past statements.

They've made a pretty obvious shift towards that IMO, before this latest statement.

Agreed.

People need to understand the dynamics of how the origingal catalyst (setting up NUSC to as a protest against Ashley primarily), slowly but surely turns into a more well rounded and considered approach. It is the very nature of all protest movemets, sooner or later you're having coffee with the people who you started out protesting against etc... :thup:

Having listened to the meeting they quite clearly remain a one-issue protest group, everything else they supposedly do it simply window dressing designed to allow them to pass themselves off as a genuine supporters' group.

Don't get me wrong, there's obviously some people (Tom for example) who have genuine intentions to work towards building something, but the majority of the people involved are only interested in one thing and the "leadership" appear to be mainly motivated by ego.

There's little to no considered thought gone into nearly everything they've done so far, they don't even know what they stand for, for f***'s sake, and they're organising a rally to promote, protest, highlight... ...erm, they're organising a rally for some reason - f*** knows why, they don't seem to. :dontknow:

It's only been running a couple of months, but I see you've already judged it.

Well, yeah, that's what I said, wasn't it?

In those few months they've shown enough for me to make a judgement on them and I judge them: s***.

The things that have lead me to judge them so continue and show no signs of changing: They don't know what they stand for, they're more interested in being on telly than actually helping the situation, they're arrogant beyond belief, they lack intelligence in the way they go about things, they don't learn from their mistakes, they lie, they are not open to different opinions, they have no solutions, they are unable to plan anything, they have no concept of how to communicate, they make things worse rather than better, they are charging people money (for what!?!), they are hypocrites, they claim to be a supporters' club but are clearly a single-issue protest group therefore making it less likely that a true supporters' group will develop, and so-on. Or in other words: they're s***.

My opinion remains open to change should they address some or all of these issues, however they show no signs of doing so, so I'm not holding my breath.

With a few minor changes the main paragraph of the above could equally apply to the management team at the club.

If that's your opinion, you're entitled to it, but I fail to see how that would provide support for NUSC? In fact, it would simply increase the level of their hypocrisy.

The way I look at it, whatever side you're on in the great Ashley/Keegan debate, NUSC are still doing a s*** job.

I didn't say that it (the paragraph) did support NUSC, I merely pointed out that the words could apply to the management. It does appear that we, as a group of supporters, are becoming somewhat entrenched in terms of who we support. There are faults on both sides in my view and that was my point. And thanks for letting me be entitled to an opinion.

Jesus, only on here would someone have a go at someone else for saying that they respected their right to hold a different opinion and were'nt going to get into an argument with them about it! :rolleyes:

Moving on from that, you're right that many people have become entrenched in their opinions, but with the publication of the accounts and these first few tentative steps by the club to tackle the communication issue many others are no longer as entrenched as they once were. Yes, there have been faults on both sides.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

oh we know that trick,the one where you try to make out someone said something they didn't.

what i am saying (and you well know it) is that after dropping out the champs league you can gamble a bit to get back in,but if you fail and you keep on gambling and failing.....you end up like all other gamblers who fail.

still awaiting your answer by the way of where the money would come from year on year when making losses year on year and do you understand that you can't keep borrowing for ever.

Simple difference is, I don't believe Ashley has a clue about football, or how to succeed, nor the desire to do what it takes even if this belief is incorrect. Whereas I have no doubt whatsoever that the Halls and Shepherd would have re-grouped and had another go, and probably had some success too.

It boils down to the same thing I've said from day 1, you know, what people don't understand and have been disputing all along, which is a board with desire for success, what it takes and backs their managers is better anyday than one who's only aim is saftely and afraid to the degree they won't back their managers.

Any owner who takes this Ashley direction will NEVER match the Halls and Shepherd.

NE5, look some moron has hacked your account and they are trying to make you look like a hypocrite, sly bastards. 

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60137.msg1702397.html#msg1702397

well, just goes to show even the biggest idiot says something that is correct sometimes.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

Its nowt to do with any personal agenda, which is the problem most people have, not me.

Interesting also, is that a lot of people were always harping on about the club not having a "plan", [other than the idea to bring good players to the club and keep the good players we already have] and are now moaning like nobodies business that they don't like the "plan".

So if JFK asked for Lovenkrnads, Raylor, Nolan, Richardson and Johnson for whom bids were placed, did the board back their manager?

it would tell me that he isn't good enough for Newcastle, but you know that comment isn't really the point that is being made here, don't drag yourself down to the level of some of the others mate.

You understand nothing, nobody is complaining about when we played in the CL or what we spent to get into that position.  People are complaining that we spent £50 million to go from 5th to 14th and got into a position where our income wasn't enough to cover our annual spending.

quite a lot of people supported that spending, and wanted more, of which you know very well, including one person in particular who unusually doesn't even apply his remarkable gift of hindsight to this one.  bluelaugh.gif

Guest SellSholaFor1M

The replies on nufc.com have given me faith in my peers once more.

Only a few of them would be regular posters on this forum judging by their opinions.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

Simple difference is, I don't believe Ashley has a clue about football, or how to succeed, nor the desire to do what it takes even if this belief is incorrect. Whereas I have no doubt whatsoever that the Halls and Shepherd would have re-grouped and had another go, and probably had some success too.

It boils down to the same thing I've said from day 1, you know, what people don't understand and have been disputing all along, which is a board with desire for success, what it takes and backs their managers is better anyday than one who's only aim is saftely and afraid to the degree they won't back their managers.

Any owner who takes this Ashley direction will NEVER match the Halls and Shepherd.

Personally, I'm not looking for someone ready to match the Halls and Shepherd at all. I don't like Ashley. I think he's piece of shit. But I thank Llambias for his time answering questions to the Chronicle. However, they (Ashley & co) have to pretty fucking lame if they think that running away from a problem (not communicating) is better than working around a solution (communicating).

However, there are some things I like. That is Wise bringing in youngsters. Ever since I became a NUFC supporter, the lack of youngsters have really amazed me. So it's a good thing we bring in young players. Hopefully they will develop nicely. I also agree that debt and wage bill is far too high, and those numbers are not reflecting our league position or lack of euro. football... or cups for that matter.

Other than that, I can't fucking understand, can't fucking believe, it is possible to run a football club the way newcastle United has been for years and years. I mean... what the fuck !?!

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

Personally, I'm not looking for someone ready to match the Halls and Shepherd at all. I don't like Ashley. I think he's piece of shit. But I thank Llambias for his time answering questions to the Chronicle. However, they (Ashley & co) have to pretty fucking lame if they think that running away from a problem (not communicating) is better than working around a solution (communicating).

However, there are some things I like. That is Wise bringing in youngsters. Ever since I became a NUFC supporter, the lack of youngsters have really amazed me. So it's a good thing we bring in young players. Hopefully they will develop nicely. I also agree that debt and wage bill is far too high, and those numbers are not reflecting our league position or lack of euro. football... or cups for that matter.

Other than that, I can't fucking understand, can't fucking believe, it is possible to run a football club the way newcastle United has been for years and years. I mean... what the fuck !?!

thats quite a sensible post, but you let yourself down like others do with the last sentence. I mean, how can a club be badly run when it qualifies for europe more than any club bar 4 over a period of 15 years ? How many of the 87 clubs that didn't do as well as us do you think were "run better" ?

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

do you feel you can draw a fair comparison at this point? given that ashley has only had the club for a small fraction of time compared to the last lot? the challenges he faces are different to the ones they faced when taking over, wouldnt you say?

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

thats quite a sensible post, but you let yourself down like others do with the last sentence. I mean, how can a club be badly run when it qualifies for europe more than any club bar 4 over a period of 15 years ? How many of the 87 clubs that didn't do as well as us do you think were "run better" ?

How does the whole Leeds thing affect what you've just said? They were performing well on the pitch, qualifying for Europe, doing well in the league, but in order to do that they took huge gambles behind the scenes and despite their onfield success those gambles ended up failing and now look at them. Ridsdale risked the future survival of the club in an effort to achieve success in what was the present and they're now paying the price for that. In my view there are definite parallels between that and what's happened to us. Hopefully our situation will not end up being as extreme as theirs and Fred and the Halls had managed to do it for longer, but we are now paying the price for the good times and the club's approach did need to change. That would apply regardless of whether it was Ashley or Fred and the Halls running the club.

Can I ask you a genuine question? Do you really think that we could have continued how we were going, building up debt, maintaining a huge wage bill and making consistent losses, or did things need to change? You can answer me in a PM if you want.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

do you feel you can draw a fair comparison at this point? given that ashley has only had the club for a small fraction of time compared to the last lot? the challenges he faces are different to the ones they faced when taking over, wouldnt you say?

Aye, Ashley is in a far better position.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

In some ways and in other ways not.

How does the whole Leeds thing affect what you've just said? They were performing well on the pitch, qualifying for Europe, doing well in the league, but in order to do that they took huge gambles behind the scenes and despite their onfield success those gambles ended up failing and now look at them. Ridsdale risked the future survival of the club in an effort to achieve success in what was the present and they're now paying the price for that. In my view there are definite parallels between that and what's happened to us. Hopefully our situation will not end up being as extreme as theirs and Fred and the Halls had managed to do it for longer, but we are now paying the price for the good times and the club's approach did need to change. That would apply regardless of whether it was Ashley or Fred and the Halls running the club.

Can I ask you a genuine question? Do you really think that we could have continued how we were going, building up debt, maintaining a huge wage bill and making consistent losses, or did things need to change? You can answer me in a PM if you want.

Just out of interest, if he does reply by pm then let us know in here although you don't have to post his answer.

nowt to say then ?

is it now ?

silly.

BORING !

In some ways and in other ways not.

The club is in far superior position now than it was in the early 90's.