NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

other than being the only solvent club in the championship, like your good old days ?

Thanks for confirming that you just haven't got a clue again, I'll leave it now.

thanks for confirming you really want the good old days of being a "solvent" 2nd division club back.

Show, infact quote anyone who has said they want us to be solvent and in the 2nd division NE5, I think you will find you can't.

selling your best players will lead to relegation. And putting solvency and profits before success, will lead to absolute mediocrity. The likes of which lots of people haven't experienced even though they thought they had, but you have haven't you ?

Yes I have thanks very much. What are you trying to prove NE5? That you are a SOOPERFAN and no-one else could possibly know what it was like before Sir John Hall came to the club. If you think I want to be back in that situation then you are very much mistaken, but solvency (or the lack of it) is important, and your ignoring that will not change anything.

the solvency that you crave will come in hand with real mediocrity, eventual relegation, 25000 crowds and no way back.

And the scintilating football under Roeder, Souness and Allardyce was amazing. Get a grip man.

I meant the days of Robson, Keegan, and the Cup Finals under Dalglish and Gullit.

The mediocrity I'm talking about is the days under Ardiles, McGarry, the first few years of Cox, and Smith. Remember them ? Would you like me to tell you who they were ?

Ahhh so the mediocrity of Souness, Allardyce and Roeder was not mediocre enough then, ok  :idiot2:

you've just confirmed you have never seen real mediocrity toonlass.

other than being the only solvent club in the championship, like your good old days ?

Thanks for confirming that you just haven't got a clue again, I'll leave it now.

thanks for confirming you really want the good old days of being a "solvent" 2nd division club back.

Show, infact quote anyone who has said they want us to be solvent and in the 2nd division NE5, I think you will find you can't.

selling your best players will lead to relegation. And putting solvency and profits before success, will lead to absolute mediocrity. The likes of which lots of people haven't experienced even though they thought they had, but you have haven't you ?

Yes I have thanks very much. What are you trying to prove NE5? That you are a SOOPERFAN and no-one else could possibly know what it was like before Sir John Hall came to the club. If you think I want to be back in that situation then you are very much mistaken, but solvency (or the lack of it) is important, and your ignoring that will not change anything.

the solvency that you crave will come in hand with real mediocrity, eventual relegation, 25000 crowds and no way back.

And the scintilating football under Roeder, Souness and Allardyce was amazing. Get a grip man.

I meant the days of Robson, Keegan, and the Cup Finals under Dalglish and Gullit.

The mediocrity I'm talking about is the days under Ardiles, McGarry, the first few years of Cox, and Smith. Remember them ? Would you like me to tell you who they were ?

Those days were replaced by the contributions of the 3 managers toonlass suggested.

I don't agree, but believe me, if you thought those days were bad, stand by for Ashley to show you the real thing.

You don't agree that Roeder, Souness and Allardyce came after Robson, Keegan, Dalglish and Gullit?

Apologies if you've already told us NE5, I know how much you keep saying you hate repeating yourself, but have you joined NUSC?

They are probably not anti-Ashley enough for NE5, who has already given 3 years money to Mike Ashley cos he hates him that much!

unlike you, who only supports/supported the team when they were winning ie under the Halls and Shepherd.  bluelaugh.gif

I take it that you were pro-Halls and shepherd then, or did you stop going when we suffered this "mediocrity" that you speak of ?

NUSC = poor misguided fools.

Excuse me, can't you see that people are trying to have a conversation about the old board in this thread? Show some consideration please and stop trying to derail the thread.

Yadda yadda. Plain fact is (and yes, I know you're being ironic) I can sum up the situation in a few words and once I've done so, the thread should be put to bed. Forever. It's just commonsense. Something I wish some of my fellow fans had just a smidgen more of.

Those days were replaced by the contributions of the 3 managers toonlass suggested.

I don't agree, but believe me, if you thought those days were bad, stand by for Ashley to show you the real thing.

You don't agree that Roeder, Souness and Allardyce came after Robson, Keegan, Dalglish and Gullit?

I don't agree that 2 positions of 14th and 13th negates all the european qualifications, capacity gates, great players, ground expansion, and growth of the club, no.

The bigger picture is that if you disagree, I hope you are still pleased with the kneejerk badly judged demand for change, and the replacements.

Apologies if you've already told us NE5, I know how much you keep saying you hate repeating yourself, but have you joined NUSC?

They are probably not anti-Ashley enough for NE5, who has already given 3 years money to Mike Ashley cos he hates him that much!

unlike you, who only supports/supported the team when they were winning ie under the Halls and Shepherd.  bluelaugh.gif

I take it that you were pro-Halls and shepherd then, or did you stop going when we suffered this "mediocrity" that you speak of ?

i didn't realise you weren't allowed to say "such and such is doing well" then a few years later say "hey those people who were doing well aren't doing so well now"

I don't agree that 2 positions of 14th and 13th negates all the european qualifications, capacity gates, great players, ground expansion, and growth of the club, no.

The bigger picture is that if you disagree, I hope you are still pleased with the kneejerk badly judged demand for change, and the replacements.

So it was only those two positions?  Here's me thinking that we also had 13th, 13th, 11th and 11th, 4 years running, my mistake.

Guest toonlass

Been reading this thread  over the last couple of days while at work and am just curious that all these people on here slating NUSC and voting for whether or not you support the current aims of NUSC.  Before you voted did any of you actually have any idea what the AIM of NUSC is? 

Ashley Out? Keegan in? Wise strung up by his balls from the top of the Gallowgate?    Well they may all come under the NUSC's banner of striving for positive change but the real answer,  the main AIM the target when this group was formed at the end of September was for some kind of fan representation at boardroom level. Is that for fans who aren't banging down doors demanding Ashley out, when there is no buyers prepared to buy?  Now whether thats a possibility or pie in the sky and it may well be the impossible dream but that is NUSC ultimate goal.

There has only been one members meeting since the group was formed and that was on 29th October,  that was when the AIMS of the group were decided by the members,  the things that were voted on and passed at that meeting were

1. As i said number one goal is Board representation.

2. The continuation of boycotting merchandise and drink/food outlets on matchday Cutting our noses off to spite our faces, as money which could be used for players is spent paying for day to day running costs of the clubs, whilst also putting the jobs of staff at NUFC at risk due to them not being needed, good plan, NOT!

3.  try to make contact with Ashley,  open letter was sent, think numerous moves have been made Are NUSC prepared to say that the tone which they started out with was not condusive for Ashley to want to sit and talk with them? Maybe they should think about that.

4.  a call for the resignations of Wise and Llambias I would agree with that.

Other things raised was how to increase the membership and message of support to the team.  Now thats it in the one meeting of NUSC members that was the plan of action.

Now i'm not daft and i do know that the Ashley situation takes on alot more significance,  i won't deny that the majority of people who have joined NUSC want Ashley Out.  In saying that the critics on here are wrong to say that its only got that one agenda.  I went to the original meeting and i joined,  i went to the members meeting and i was at the last public meeting last week.   I haven't joined the committee or anything, i haven't got the time to commit to that but fair play to the ones that have.   I'll admit now that one of the things thats pissed me off is that on all 3 meetings is that they seem to fizzle out and you walk away thinking what was agreed there.   Can you deny that  the fans who said they weren't as concerned to see Ashley out were given a very different reaction to those who said they were by the NUSC at the meeting, as it was obvious on the weblink.

Like i said i won't deny that people want Ashley out but then i know loads of supporters who have nothing to do with NUSC who say exactly the same thing. Who is going to come in? My personal opinion from being at the 3 meetings is that the overall feeling of the people at those meetings isn't as such the AShley out, but more the plea to heard and spoken to.  Rather than banging down walls wanting Ashley Out NUSC have been crying out for what has happened this week and that the club speak and tell the fans what is going on.  Maybe NUSC have shot themselves in the foot with their previous messages to the media. I think more people were wanting to see the back of Wise and Llambias than Ashley.   That is where my cards would be placed,  i've seen the state of the financial mess that the club is in,  i'm grateful in some ways for MA buying it, just disgusted in the way he has tried to run it.   I don't think the continental management structure works in this country, the proof is in the pudding really.  I'm firmly in the Wise out group.

While i'm ranting i may as well try and pick up some points that have been raised in this thread and try and correct them.    The protests.  NUSC have not arranged any protests at any matches this season,  the big protest against Hull was before NUSC was formed, actually that and the bedsheet mongs making fools of themselves on a daily basis was what brought NUSC into existance.  Yes there is a rally before the Everton game,  to be honest i don't know what that will entail, I don't think anyone, including the commitee of NUSC does i think there will be some speakers at the monument at 3pm.   Looking back at George Caulkins report of the public meeting when he published the minutes of the meeting

prior to the home game against Everton, there will be a rally (note the choice of word – rally) at the Monument in Newcastle’s city       centre. A recommendation put forward at the meeting was that t-shirts promoting the NUSC could be distributed outside

St James’ Park, issuing a statement to the Newcastle hierarchy. Look at us; you can’t ignore this.

This at the time was raised as a RALLY not a protest, the Chronicle the next day ran the story saying fans would be protesting before the game and people have jumped on the word proteest.   At the meeting and every meeting that there has been the only thing that EVERY SINGLE PERSON has agreed 100% is that the team on the pitch gets total backing and full support.  It is ridiculous to suggest that a rally/protest call it what you want before the match will effect the team on the pitch, inside that ground the team will be backed to the hilt.

Now i may be wrong but i think the idea of the rally was another step to try and get the club to acknowlege NUSC and speak out, again events this week with Llambias interview may well have thwarted that plan but until someone from NUSC's committee announces what is happening at the rally your guess would be as good as mine.

COCKNEY MAFIA BANNER.....This has absolutely nothing to do with the NUSC.  This is one mans flag(Keith Barratt) and Keith has already been on this forum to give his reasons for the flag.

The last meeting of course was broadcast on the net so most people would've had the chance to hear it,  i know a few have commented on the lack of pro Ashley comments or anything pro ashley getting drowned out.  I haven't listened to the recording but from being there i didn't feel anyone got shouted down and everyone was heard,  i will admit there were 2 pissed annoying blokes who were loud and definately anti ashley, anything slating Ashley got loud cheers from them.   The 2 most vocal people there was the bloke at the beginning who was wanting people to cancel their direct debits and the woman who came up with the t shirt idea.  Both of them had nothing to do with NUSC until after that night,  they saw there was a public meeting and decided to go along and have there say and they ended up joining on the night.  One of the main things i agreed with on the night was the lad that said he wouldn't cancel his season ticket or DD,  i'm the same, i have been following NUFC since i was 9yr old and will be going next season whether we stay up or go down!  Getting my season ticket will be the cheaper option than buying tickets on a match to match basis.

Last point is the about the person complaining about the amount of coverage NUSC has received in around 5 months compared to a group like Toon Ultras.  Thing to remember though is that when NUSC was formed following the fallout of KK sacking/quitting and the protests it was backed by nufc.com, true faith and the MAg.   One thing about Newcastle United is that it has one of the best fanzine culture in the country and them 3 are massive and very influencial, the Mags been going for 20 years now and .com is massive.  Whatever people may say about nufc.com most newcastle fans i know go there when they need to find something out.

Now i've got nothing against the toon ultras and i applaud them in there efforts to improve the atmosphere at the ground but i get the impression that they're a bunch of teenagers/under 21's and not wanting to tar them with the same brush but the bedsheet mongs who were out in force waving there shoes around are the kind of fans that the toon ultras attract. 

Whatever people think of NUSC i would urge you to get yourself to an upcoming meeting or contact them and tell them where you think they're going wrong, if you think the committee are being idiots then join and pay for the privilege and you can vote them off when they get put up for re-election to the committee at the end of the season.   Mistakes will be made,  its a new group trying to move quickly, probably too quickly, as the old saying goes you can't run till you can walk.   The guys who volunteered to put their spare time to use and take this group forward are doing it for one thing only, a love for NUFC.   Its already in the process of changing to a supporter trust, enabling the group to get government funding and other benefits, all things that should help NUSC achieve its main goal, Boardroom representation.

Guest toonlass

Ahhh so the mediocrity of Souness, Allardyce and Roeder was not mediocre enough then, ok  :idiot2:

you've just confirmed you have never seen real mediocrity toonlass.

Have I? Please show me where  :lol:

....There has only been one members meeting since the group was formed and that was on 29th October,  that was when the AIMS of the group were decided by the members,  the things that were voted on and passed at that meeting were

2. The continuation of boycotting merchandise and drink/food outlets on matchday

3.  try to make contact with Ashley,  open letter was sent, think numerous moves have been made

4.  a call for the resignations of Wise and Llambias

Other things raised was how to increase the membership and message of support to the team.  Now thats it in the one meeting of NUSC members that was the plan of action....

Just a personal opinion but if you want to achieve aims #1 and #3 you need to lose #2 and #4.

Guest toonlass

unlike you, who only supports/supported the team when they were winning ie under the Halls and Shepherd.  bluelaugh.gif  Ahhh right, prove it! And while you are there, prove that you were there before Hall and Shepherd.  :rolleyes:

I take it that you were pro-Halls and shepherd then, or did you stop going when we suffered this "mediocrity" that you speak of ? I was neither pro or anti

Guest Howaythetoon

Ironically NUSC have operated in many ways pretty much along the same lines as Ashley and co have with Newcastle United in terms of poor communication and bad management etc. yet many fans are not only willing to forgive and forget Ashley and co, but some have actually bent over backwards to defend them. And yet NUSC gets dogs abuse. I find that incredibly sad.

They can't be condemned and written off after a mere few months in operation. If NUSC don't get off the ground and become a fully fledged supporters club it will say far more about the wider fan base than anything of the NUSC or their members and would in terms of the long-term be a sore loss to the club and us as fans I feel.

They do however badly need some new direction and perhaps leadership not to mention ideas. I support the idea of a supporters club but not so much NUSC as they are at the moment, but lets not forget these are just ordinary people who don't deserve to be judged by so seemingly high standards and professionalism.

They need time and we as fans must afford if not the people running NUSC, the supporters club itself, the time it will obviously take to become more than just a protest group, that can only come however with more fan involvement.

And speaking of more fan involvement I think the people behind NUSC should give serious thought to free membership because at current I can't see it getting the kind of numbers needed to be anything other than what it is today.

....There has only been one members meeting since the group was formed and that was on 29th October,  that was when the AIMS of the group were decided by the members,  the things that were voted on and passed at that meeting were

2. The continuation of boycotting merchandise and drink/food outlets on matchday

3.  try to make contact with Ashley,  open letter was sent, think numerous moves have been made

Other things raised was how to increase the membership and message of support to the team.  Now thats it in the one meeting of NUSC members that was the plan of action....

Just a personal opinion but if you want to achieve aims #1 and #3 you need to lose #2 and #4.

:thup:

Guest toonlass

Ironically NUSC have operated in many ways pretty much along the same lines as Ashley and co have with Newcastle United in terms of poor communication and bad management etc. yet many fans are not only willing to forgive and forget Ashley and co, but some have actually bent over backwards to defend them. And yet NUSC gets dogs abuse. I find that incredibly sad.

They can't be condemned and written off after a mere few months in operation. If NUSC don't get off the ground and become a fully fledged supporters club it will say far more about the wider fan base than anything of the NUSC or their members and would in terms of the long-term be a sore loss to the club and us as fans I feel.

They do however badly need some new direction and perhaps leadership not to mention ideas. I support the idea of a supporters club but not so much NUSC as they are at the moment, but lets not forget these are just ordinary people who don't deserve to be judged by so seemingly high standards and professionalism.

They need time and we as fans must afford if not the people running NUSC, the supporters club itself, the time it will obviously take to become more than just a protest group, that can only come however with more fan involvement.

By the way I think the people behind NUSC should give serious thought to free membership because at current I can't see it getting the kind of numbers needed to be anything other than what it is today.

The exact reason I am not prepared to join at present.

There has only been one members meeting since the group was formed and that was on 29th October,  that was when the AIMS of the group were decided by the members,  the things that were voted on and passed at that meeting were

1. As i said number one goal is Board representation. Fair enough, not sure how many clubs have this or how all of us can be represented by one person going to board meetings without inevitable disagreements and resentment but I can understand why you might like this.

2. The continuation of boycotting merchandise and drink/food outlets on matchday Strongly disagree. To what end? It only serves to hurt the club.

3.  try to make contact with Ashley,  open letter was sent, think numerous moves have been made Considering the tone of your early releases, I'm far fom surprised you didn't get a welcoming response from the board.

4.  a call for the resignations of Wise and Llambias Why? Lack of communication? I'm not sure anyone knows enough about what they have done wrong, especially Wise.

Other things raised was how to increase the membership and message of support to the team.  Now thats it in the one meeting of NUSC members that was the plan of action.

I'm curious to the 'fastest growing NUFC supporters club' line.

How would this be calculated? in % terms or absolute numbers.

800 official members is it? (correct me if I'm wrong but that number is in my head)

so 800 additional members or 1000000000000000000000000000%+ growth depending on how you look at it.

I hope its absolute numbers, or they are as guilty as Llambarse at using true but ambiguous numbers/statements

They've also been citing 6,000 people who've expressed an interest in joining. This is entirely disingenuous, as it includes people like me who clicked a button to find out what the deal was, and then decided they wanted nothing to do with it.

Naturally, the fact that they're using me in statistics angled to ramp up their supposed legitimacy as a representative organisation does little to alleviate my feeling that they're a bunch of wankers.

What gets me is what if they had 6,000 members @ £10 a shot = £60,000 .they would have all that cash and wtf would they do with it ,answers on a postcard .

What gets me is what if they had 6,000 members @ £10 a shot = £60,000 .they would have all that cash and wtf would they do with it ,answers on a postcard .

They'd probably buy a £60,000 "Ashley Out" banner.

Yes and probably spell it wrong  :iamatwat:

Been reading this thread  over the last couple of days while at work and am just curious that all these people on here slating NUSC and voting for whether or not you support the current aims of NUSC.  Before you voted did any of you actually have any idea what the AIM of NUSC is? 

Ashley Out? Keegan in? Wise strung up by his balls from the top of the Gallowgate?    Well they may all come under the NUSC's banner of striving for positive change but the real answer,  the main AIM the target when this group was formed at the end of September was for some kind of fan representation at boardroom level.  Now whether thats a possibility or pie in the sky and it may well be the impossible dream but that is NUSC ultimate goal.

Now i'm not daft and i do know that the Ashley situation takes on alot more significance,  i won't deny that the majority of people who have joined NUSC want Ashley Out.  In saying that the critics on here are wrong to say that its only got that one agenda.  I went to the original meeting and i joined,  i went to the members meeting and i was at the last public meeting last week.  I haven't joined the committee or anything, i haven't got the time to commit to that but fair play to the ones that have.  I'll admit now that one of the things thats pissed me off is that on all 3 meetings is that they seem to fizzle out and you walk away thinking what was agreed there. 

Like i said i won't deny that people want Ashley out but then i know loads of supporters who have nothing to do with NUSC who say exactly the same thing.  My personal opinion from being at the 3 meetings is that the overall feeling of the people at those meetings isn't as such the AShley out, but more the plea to heard and spoken to.  Rather than banging down walls wanting Ashley Out NUSC have been crying out for what has happened this week and that the club speak and tell the fans what is going on.  I think more people were wanting to see the back of Wise and Llambias than Ashley.  That is where my cards would be placed,  i've seen the state of the financial mess that the club is in,  i'm grateful in some ways for MA buying it, just disgusted in the way he has tried to run it.  I don't think the continental management structure works in this country, the proof is in the pudding really.  I'm firmly in the Wise out group.

While i'm ranting i may as well try and pick up some points that have been raised in this thread and try and correct them.    The protests.  NUSC have not arranged any protests at any matches this season,  the big protest against Hull was before NUSC was formed, actually that and the bedsheet mongs making fools of themselves on a daily basis was what brought NUSC into existance.  Yes there is a rally before the Everton game,  to be honest i don't know what that will entail, i think there will be some speakers at the monument at 3pm.  Looking back at George Caulkins report of the public meeting when he published the minutes of the meeting

prior to the home game against Everton, there will be a rally (note the choice of word – rally) at the Monument in Newcastle’s city      centre. A recommendation put forward at the meeting was that t-shirts promoting the NUSC could be distributed outside

St James’ Park, issuing a statement to the Newcastle hierarchy. Look at us; you can’t ignore this.

This at the time was raised as a RALLY not a protest, the Chronicle the next day ran the story saying fans would be protesting before the game and people have jumped on the word proteest.  At the meeting and every meeting that there has been the only thing that EVERY SINGLE PERSON has agreed 100% is that the team on the pitch gets total backing and full support.  It is ridiculous to suggest that a rally/protest call it what you want before the match will effect the team on the pitch, inside that ground the team will be backed to the hilt.

Now i may be wrong but i think the idea of the rally was another step to try and get the club to acknowlege NUSC and speak out, again events this week with Llambias interview may well have thwarted that plan but until someone from NUSC's committee announces what is happening at the rally your guess would be as good as mine.

COCKNEY MAFIA BANNER.....This has absolutely nothing to do with the NUSC.  This is one mans flag(Keith Barratt) and Keith has already been on this forum to give his reasons for the flag.

The last meeting of course was broadcast on the net so most people would've had the chance to hear it,  i know a few have commented on the lack of pro Ashley comments or anything pro ashley getting drowned out.  I haven't listened to the recording but from being there i didn't feel anyone got shouted down and everyone was heard,  i will admit there were 2 pissed annoying blokes who were loud and definately anti ashley, anything slating Ashley got loud cheers from them.  The 2 most vocal people there was the bloke at the beginning who was wanting people to cancel their direct debits and the woman who came up with the t shirt idea.  Both of them had nothing to do with NUSC until after that night,  they saw there was a public meeting and decided to go along and have there say and they ended up joining on the night.  One of the main things i agreed with on the night was the lad that said he wouldn't cancel his season ticket or DD,  i'm the same, i have been following NUFC since i was 9yr old and will be going next season whether we stay up or go down!  Getting my season ticket will be the cheaper option than buying tickets on a match to match basis.

Last point is the about the person complaining about the amount of coverage NUSC has received in around 5 months compared to a group like Toon Ultras.  Thing to remember though is that when NUSC was formed following the fallout of KK sacking/quitting and the protests it was backed by nufc.com, true faith and the MAg.  One thing about Newcastle United is that it has one of the best fanzine culture in the country and them 3 are massive and very influencial, the Mags been going for 20 years now and .com is massive.  Whatever people may say about nufc.com most newcastle fans i know go there when they need to find something out.

Now i've got nothing against the toon ultras and i applaud them in there efforts to improve the atmosphere at the ground but i get the impression that they're a bunch of teenagers/under 21's and not wanting to tar them with the same brush but the bedsheet mongs who were out in force waving there shoes around are the kind of fans that the toon ultras attract. 

Whatever people think of NUSC i would urge you to get yourself to an upcoming meeting or contact them and tell them where you think they're going wrong, if you think the committee are being idiots then join and you can vote them off when they get put up for re-election to the committee at the end of the season.  Mistakes will be made,  its a new group trying to move quickly, probably too quickly, as the old saying goes you can't run till you can walk.  The guys who volunteered to put their spare time to use and take this group forward are doing it for one thing only, a love for NUFC.  Its already in the process of changing to a supporter trust, enabling the group to get government funding and other benefits, all things that should help NUSC achieve its main goal, Boardroom representation.

Hope i haven't bored everyone silly, its a HTT style post but thought some things needed saying.

You've just detailed most of the reasons why NUSC is a total failure as a supporters' club.

They've had a grand total of 3 meetings since September, the first of which formed the group and the most recent of which consisted of:

<insert ill-thought-out anti-Ashley comment from the floor here>

applause

<ill-thought-out anti-Ashley comment/joke from the Chair>

more applause

repeat for 1hr 19mins

throw in 1x well thought-out anti-Ashley comment and 1x well thought-out unbiased comment reflecting the reality of the situation, which were both followed by a stony silence and then were ignored or glossed over by the chair.

and contained zero actual discussion of anything. The only thing to come out of the whole thing was a T-shirt, 1 hour and 19 minutes for a fucking T-shirt!!

So of those 3 meetings, only one seems to have actually resulted in any actual discussion - at least I assume there was discussion at the members meeting - and that has resulted in a list of objectives that are ill-thought-through, totally infeasible - to the point of delusion - and mutually exclusive. Yet in the meantime, the self-appointed leadership of the group have been on TV a number of times - contradicting each other and on occasion going against the express wishes of the rest of their board - released numerous press releases, made a stupid website, and organised a rally for which they are yet to think of a purpose.

Surely a supporters' club, particularly one in its infancy, should be all about meetings; finding out what it's members want, getting some idea of its own identity, what it stands for, what its aims are, where it wants to go and how it's going to get there, planning, thinking, discussing. Yet not NUSC, oh no, that's not what they're about, they're all about getting on TV, getting the money in by signing up new members, being big, being powerful.

But, a big what!?! Powerful how!?!

NUSC's actions are not those of a group concerned with finding out what NUFC supporters really want, discussing that with their members, then coming up with workable solutions and initiatives.

NUSC's actions are those of a single issue protest group, lead by people who are more interested in telling NUFC fans what to think, instead of finding out what they do think, and feeding their own egos by being on TV and in the press.

Seriously, what are the people who've paid their £10 getting for their money? Jack shit from what I can see.

Yes and probably spell it wrong  :iamatwat:

I think they'd probably set aside half for some t-shirts to be fair.

Guest toonlass

Ashley Out? Keegan in? Wise strung up by his balls from the top of the Gallowgate?    Well they may all come under the NUSC's banner of striving for positive change but the real answer,  the main AIM the target when this group was formed at the end of September was for some kind of fan representation at boardroom level.   Now whether thats a possibility or pie in the sky and it may well be the impossible dream but that is NUSC ultimate goal.

Now i'm not daft and i do know that the Ashley situation takes on alot more significance,  i won't deny that the majority of people who have joined NUSC want Ashley Out.  In saying that the critics on here are wrong to say that its only got that one agenda.  I went to the original meeting and i joined,  i went to the members meeting and i was at the last public meeting last week.   I haven't joined the committee or anything, i haven't got the time to commit to that but fair play to the ones that have.   I'll admit now that one of the things thats pissed me off is that on all 3 meetings is that they seem to fizzle out and you walk away thinking what was agreed there.   

Like i said i won't deny that people want Ashley out but then i know loads of supporters who have nothing to do with NUSC who say exactly the same thing.  My personal opinion from being at the 3 meetings is that the overall feeling of the people at those meetings isn't as such the AShley out, but more the plea to heard and spoken to.  Rather than banging down walls wanting Ashley Out NUSC have been crying out for what has happened this week and that the club speak and tell the fans what is going on.  I think more people were wanting to see the back of Wise and Llambias than Ashley.   That is where my cards would be placed,  i've seen the state of the financial mess that the club is in,  i'm grateful in some ways for MA buying it, just disgusted in the way he has tried to run it.   I don't think the continental management structure works in this country, the proof is in the pudding really.  I'm firmly in the Wise out group.

While i'm ranting i may as well try and pick up some points that have been raised in this thread and try and correct them.    The protests.  NUSC have not arranged any protests at any matches this season,  the big protest against Hull was before NUSC was formed, actually that and the bedsheet mongs making fools of themselves on a daily basis was what brought NUSC into existance.  Yes there is a rally before the Everton game,  to be honest i don't know what that will entail, i think there will be some speakers at the monument at 3pm.   Looking back at George Caulkins report of the public meeting when he published the minutes of the meeting

prior to the home game against Everton, there will be a rally (note the choice of word – rally) at the Monument in Newcastle’s city       centre. A recommendation put forward at the meeting was that t-shirts promoting the NUSC could be distributed outside

This at the time was raised as a RALLY not a protest, the Chronicle the next day ran the story saying fans would be protesting before the game and people have jumped on the word proteest.   At the meeting and every meeting that there has been the only thing that EVERY SINGLE PERSON has agreed 100% is that the team on the pitch gets total backing and full support.  It is ridiculous to suggest that a rally/protest call it what you want before the match will effect the team on the pitch, inside that ground the team will be backed to the hilt.

The last meeting of course was broadcast on the net so most people would've had the chance to hear it,  i know a few have commented on the lack of pro Ashley comments or anything pro ashley getting drowned out.  I haven't listened to the recording but from being there i didn't feel anyone got shouted down and everyone was heard,  i will admit there were 2 pissed annoying blokes who were loud and definately anti ashley, anything slating Ashley got loud cheers from them.   The 2 most vocal people there was the bloke at the beginning who was wanting people to cancel their direct debits and the woman who came up with the t shirt idea.  Both of them had nothing to do with NUSC until after that night,  they saw there was a public meeting and decided to go along and have there say and they ended up joining on the night.  One of the main things i agreed with on the night was the lad that said he wouldn't cancel his season ticket or DD,  i'm the same, i have been following NUFC since i was 9yr old and will be going next season whether we stay up or go down!  Getting my season ticket will be the cheaper option than buying tickets on a match to match basis.

Last point is the about the person complaining about the amount of coverage NUSC has received in around 5 months compared to a group like Toon Ultras.  Thing to remember though is that when NUSC was formed following the fallout of KK sacking/quitting and the protests it was backed by nufc.com, true faith and the MAg.   One thing about Newcastle United is that it has one of the best fanzine culture in the country and them 3 are massive and very influencial, the Mags been going for 20 years now and .com is massive.  Whatever people may say about nufc.com most newcastle fans i know go there when they need to find something out.

Whatever people think of NUSC i would urge you to get yourself to an upcoming meeting or contact them and tell them where you think they're going wrong, if you think the committee are being idiots then join and you can vote them off when they get put up for re-election to the committee at the end of the season.   Mistakes will be made,  its a new group trying to move quickly, probably too quickly, as the old saying goes you can't run till you can walk.   The guys who volunteered to put their spare time to use and take this group forward are doing it for one thing only, a love for NUFC.   Its already in the process of changing to a supporter trust, enabling the group to get government funding and other benefits, all things that should help NUSC achieve its main goal, Boardroom representation.

Hope i haven't bored everyone silly, its a HTT style post but thought some things needed saying.

You've just detailed most of the reasons why NUSC is a total failure as a supporters' club.

They've had a grand total of 3 meetings since September, the first of which formed the group and the most recent of which consisted of:

<insert ill-thought-out anti-Ashley comment from the floor here>

applause

<ill-thought-out anti-Ashley comment/joke from the Chair>

more applause

repeat for 1hr 19mins

throw in 1x well thought-out anti-Ashley comment and 1x well thought-out unbiased comment reflecting the reality of the situation, which were both followed by a stony silence and then were ignored or glossed over by the chair.

and contained zero actual discussion of anything. The only thing to come out of the whole thing was a T-shirt, 1 hour and 19 minutes for a fucking T-shirt!!

So of those 3 meetings, only one seems to have actually resulted in any actual discussion - at least I assume there was discussion at the members meeting - and that has resulted in a list of objectives that are ill-thought-through, totally infeasible - to the point of delusion - and mutually exclusive. Yet in the meantime, the self-appointed leadership of the group have been on TV a number of times - contradicting each other and on occasion going against the express wishes of the rest of their board - released numerous press releases, made a stupid website, and organised a rally for which they are yet to think of a purpose.

Surely a supporters' club, particularly one in its infancy, should be all about meetings; finding out what it's members want, getting some idea of its own identity, what it stands for, what its aims are, where it wants to go and how it's going to get there, planning, thinking, discussing. Yet not NUSC, oh no, that's not what they're about, they're all about getting on TV, getting the money in by signing up new members, being big, being powerful.

But, a big what!?! Powerful how!?!

NUSC's actions are not those of a group concerned with finding out what NUFC supporters really want, discussing that with their members, then coming up with workable solutions and initiatives.

NUSC's actions are those of a single issue protest group, lead by people who are more interested in telling NUFC fans what to think, instead of finding out what they do think, and feeding their own egos by being on TV and in the press.

Seriously, what are the people who've paid their £10 getting for their money? Jack shit from what I can see. *

:clap:

* mind you you forgot about the car-sticker, key ring and lovely plastic membership card  :laugh:

And speaking of more fan involvement I think the people behind NUSC should give serious thought to free membership because at current I can't see it getting the kind of numbers needed to be anything other than what it is today.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. If you're going to justify your entire existence by criticising the actions of others then you need to make damn sure you don't then do exactly the same things yourself.

A Newcastle United Supporters' Club is a great idea, NUSC is a woeful execution of that idea.

Seriously, what are the people who've paid their £10 getting for their money? Jack shit from what I can see.

It's not a bad business model to be fair. Offer disgruntled supporters a promise of a voice in the future. Collect the money up front from the sizeable minority who will pay up to join the cause through sheer frustration. Bingo! you've got £60k to spend where you like. T-shirts, flags, greggs pasties, a Valentines card for the girlfriend...the list is endless.