Jumbotron scoreboard

Thespence

Seems most people are moaning about people not being able to ask the score....Did you see the type of one he showed on the picture? i for one would love to see the game played live on that and some replays etc during breaks in play.  They never will though because it makes the refs look bad.

Seems most people are moaning about people not being able to ask the score....Did you see the type of one he showed on the picture? i for one would love to see the game played live on that and some replays etc during breaks in play.  They never will though because it makes the refs look bad.

Do that at home. No way would I have that in the stadium. Replays at certain times - maybe (half-time?).

would anyone disagree with the renaming of st james park if a sponser we're to offer 5 million a year for naming rights?

I wouldn't have a problem with it as it would always be SJP to me.

You will struggle to find someone willing to sponsor the ground for that sort of money though, they prefer to sponsor new stadiums.

would anyone disagree with the renaming of st james park if a sponser we're to offer 5 million a year for naming rights?

You will struggle to find someone willing to sponsor the ground for that sort of money though, they prefer to sponsor new stadiums.

The reason for the second line being in your first line, obviously. Everyone would always call the Newcastle BroonAleBowl SJP anyway, hence the naming rights would sell for considerably less.

Whereas the Reebok has always been the Reebok.

How desperately, desperately tacky.

The reason for the second line being in your first line, obviously. Everyone would always call the Newcastle BroonAleBowl SJP anyway, hence the naming rights would sell for considerably less.

Suprised Man City haven't gone down that route tbh unless its written in the leasing terms they can't.

Guest thenorthumbrian

As we are owned by a barrow boy who sells tat to charva's for a living I wouldn't rule it out.

Just to clear things up a bit, as far as I'm aware the club would have to pay the initial cost of installing the scoreboard (at least some of it) and would then be looking to recoup and build on this money over the coming years with sponsorship and suchlike. It would be an investment. I think this is why it's been held up in the pipeline for so long.

Obviously there could be a possibility that a sponsor could pay for installation and enter into a contract whereby they have branding on the scoreboard unit and advertisements on the display as well, over a long-term period, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now.

It's not cut and dried either way, basically, like most things.

Yep, and as much as Arsenal fans try and call it "Ashburton Grove", their new one will always be "The Emirates". Whereas sponsor an old ground, and it will still get called St James's.

Should get our announcements sponsored like Birmingham do.

Going off ....

Coming on ...

Sponsored by Floors to go.

http://news.gotgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/picard-facepalm.jpeg

Should get our announcements sponsored like Birmingham do.

Going off ....

Coming on ...

Sponsored by Floors to go.

http://news.gotgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/picard-facepalm.jpeg

Isn't it just. Made me chuckle when i was at St. Andrews - worked though cos i remember it.

Yep, and as much as Arsenal fans try and call it "Ashburton Grove", their new one will always be "The Emirates". Whereas sponsor an old ground, and it will still get called St James's.

Does The Riverside still get called The Cellnet?

Once the sponsorship deal is finished and the press only refer to it as 'Ashburton Grove' then that's what everyone will call it