Jumbotron scoreboard

Thespence

Guest toonlass

Oh great  and why not play a tune every time we score a goal and we can all wear giant sponge hands as well.

Apparently, Wigan played Walk Like an Egyptian when Mido scored that pen the other week.  According to Chris Kamara.

So did Boro when Mido scored against us a couple of seasons ago. Nowt new, and nowt good about it. Music after goals and cheerleaders are just not necessary!

Oh great  and why not play a tune every time we score a goal and we can all wear giant sponge hands as well.

Apparently, Wigan played Walk Like an Egyptian when Mido scored that pen the other week.  According to Chris Kamara.

So did Boro when Mido scored against us a couple of seasons ago. Nowt new, and nowt good about it. Music after goals and cheerleaders are just not necessary!

Pity there wasn't a Cat Stevens/Gary Glitter collaboration available really.

Guest toonlass

Pity there wasn't a Cat Stevens/Gary Glitter collaboration available really.

:lol:

No, no, no, absolutely not. Tinpot as fuck. If you can't keep track of the score or the team, you shouldn't be in the stadium to start with.

Definitely, the only use they would have would be to show the scores at HT but thats nowt that the gadgee on the pitch couldn't announce.

Guest firetotheworks

1.2 million to show replays that aren't contentious, and to keep the score. Fucking hell! Imagine if we'd done it last summer instead of signing Bassong.

Old Trafford doesn't have one. They just have a little scoreboard in the corners don't they?

Its another step on becoming the identikit stadium, hence why most the grounds that have them are recent builds aside from WHL.

Old Trafford has a scoreboard.

Anyway, the Emirates has one. Why aren't people calling it tinpot? Did Arsenal play in a tinpot stadium when they played in Highbury and had a gigantic jumbotron? Bet no one said anything when they were winning shit.

Brings in loads of money through sponsorship, I suppose, which is the be-all-and-end-all these days. I'm not a huge fan, but like you say plenty of the "big" teams have one.

The scoreboard plans have been in the pipeline for a good while now.

No, no, no, absolutely not. Tinpot as f***. If you can't keep track of the score or the team, you shouldn't be in the stadium to start with.

I've always found that argument laughable as f***.

If I've arrived 10 minutes late, I'd like to know the score without having to ask people around me.

If somebody's scored while I'm off at the bathroom, I'd like to know as well.

The whole "if you can't pay attention you shouldn't be here!" thing has always seemed like one of the most ridiculous parts of the Geordie soopafan myth to me.

Stadiums should have scoreboards. It's not tinpot it's common sense.

Guest firetotheworks

I have no moral objections but it does seem like we could spend that money elsewhere.

It's through sponsorship.

Now I seeeee. If thats the case, get one. No real reason not to.

Newcastle have not ruled out the possibility of stadium expansion in future years, while fans will be delighted to see that a scoreboard is about to make a return to St James’s for the first time since the early 1990s.

Llambias said: “We can expand the stadium by another 8,000. The fans have to come on board and fill up the stadium we have here first.

“We would love to build it up to 60,000. But we’re not there yet. The market is tough – there are a lot of people out there who are suffering.

“We understand that and we try to be realistic. We have a new commercial director, Barry Webber, and one of his projects is to get out there and get some sponsors on board on a jumbotron scoreboard.

“I love a scoreboard. The issues are the locations and the cost – it is almost £1.2m.”

Guest Howaythetoon

No, no, no, absolutely not. Tinpot as f***. If you can't keep track of the score or the team, you shouldn't be in the stadium to start with.

I wouldn't be against it but i wouldn't want a fucking massive thing like that in the opening post. Just something 'tasteful' and discreet like the Mackems' would be alright with me. Have we really got anywhere to house a component such as that, anyway? Just let it hang down from the Leazes or Gallowgate or summat.

The one in the 80s and 90s was great- the gigantic GOAL when we scored....the horrible pixalated face of Micky Quinn....the "Pure Geordie Magic" flash up when we went 6-0 up v Barnsley....the deregoratory "Visitors" sign never being changed.

Loved it, bring it back.

Guest marky555

I think they should make the timers at the corner flags run past 90:00, just so we know exactly where we're at. Pisses me off when it stops at 90 like.