Newcastle United V Sheffield United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest ToonFanNorway

F**KING SAD  bluecry.gif

Was FAT FRED THERE ???

Or was he in Spain, or looking after his wife ???

Own up FREDDY u have f**KED up the TOON  :wullie:

Guest The Fox

I think that sums it up, you cant get much worse. At home to the worst side in the Premiershgip who up to now had not scored away and we lose.

Sad to see, but many on here predicted the demise when Shepherd went for Roeder, a lot were blinded by his success as caretaker and ignored his track record.

Now we pay the price, the squad is short on niumbers and quality, they knew they had a busy campaign ahead bit the powers that be buried their heads in the sand.

A shambles from top to bottom and yes for any doubters we are in  a relegation battle.

Who is responsible, I think most but not all of us know.

Guest Toon-manic

Since fat Fred sacked Bobby the club started to slide its been one bad f##k up after another by Freddy. Its time for Freddy f##k wit and the rest of the useless ring pieces to leave and let someone with some passion to take the club forward. SACK THE BOARD!!!!

Guest SeattleToon

Ugh!

Total lack of anything resembling tactics! All our defenders did was play the ball back to Harper, who then hoofed it upfield where Sheffield United won the ball since we had a bunch of midgets on the pitch.

Seriously, can someone please explain to me how we are going to win balls in the air when we have players like Zoggy, Emre, Rossi, and Solano on the pitch, all of whom are on the short side?

How did Sibierski not even make the bench? He's currently our only player tall enough to play the Shearer back-to-goal role, without which a long ball game cannot work. And I'm sure that Roeder was happy to hear that Milner was named man-of-the-match twenty minutes after he was substituted!

Just confirmed what we already knew, the roots have to be ripped out now. Half way through a season is not ideal but it has to be done.

Exactly.

Roeder is a nice guy who keeps finishing last.

That moronic fat dodo shouldn't have risked everything on the walking disaster that is Roeder in prem management.

Yes, the damage was started by the fat fool in appointing Souness, but even if Souness had stayed we wouldn't have been in as bad a mess as Roeder's made.

First-half diagnosis?

Quite shit

Second-half diagnosis?

Better for 15 minutes when the fans started waking up, then they took off our best player and became awful

Full-time diagnosis?

Shitty stick

Star man for United?

Milner did a great job again, and Luque seemed to mix it up a bit more, some nice off the ball movement, and made some things happen

Worst United player?

Babayaro was crap again, as was Rossi

Opposition comment?

If we make the Blades lok good, we are in big trouble.

Toon-pros?

Milner looks a real star player, Roeder offering Luque at least half a chance

Toon-cons?

Everythign else

Post-match feelings?

Bit sick really. Genuinely worried about facing Colchester next season.

First-half diagnosis?

Shocking.

Second-half diagnosis?

Worse.

Full-time diagnosis?

Roeder should resign.

Star man for United?

Tough one. James Milner?

Worst United player?

None. The team was worse than the sum of the individuals.

Opposition comment?

Not premiership standard.

Toon-pros?

I think Roeder will resign. I would have done so in his situation.

Toon-cons?

Maybe Roeder won't resign.

Post-match feelings?

None. I'm not capable of feeling anything that would suit such a display of gutless, clueless, talentless, goalless, etc. whatever.

Most of the fans on this board wanted Hitzfeld.

A man whose success rate even with poor teams was astonishing. Virtually 100% - where he went trophies followed.

Shepherd instead ignored the fans* (again) and went for Roeder - 2 relegations at 2 attempts. And a third on the way.

Thanks for destroying our club you fat bastard.

* Yeat admittedly, many papers had down that the fans wanted Roeder, after a run that took us to 7th. Despite the abysmal performances - remember we were 2nd fiddle to the makems until they shot themselves in the foot ? That happened a lot - we played bad and won, so ignored the shortcomings that are now coming home to ROOST

hmm... i think we're right where freddie wants us...shearer as the savior mgr now would be swallowed whole by everyone. bluecry.gif

He can't be any worse than Roeder.

Basil Brush would be better than Roeder.

At least we could get a laff.

Guest makemeacupoftea

I went to the match and i wish i didn't, we had no tactics, no heart or any passing ability

All game was hoofing the ball up and sheffields MASSIVE defenders heading away, over and over again, shit

I did think Luque did some nice stuff, but what does that matter?

Roeder has had a chance and has failed, next manager please

WE ARE SHIT

Newcastle fans are protesting outside st james right now

I hope that's where the 25,000 who left before the whistle were heading.  Wish I could have gone now, seems it's finally kicking off.  "Sack the Board" gets translated through Freddy's bablefish sitting deep within the empty catacombs of his ears into "Sack the manager with no replacement and make a trophy signing", sadly.

I went to the match and i wish i didn't, we had no tactics, no heart or any passing ability

All game was hoofing the ball up and sheffields MASSIVE defenders heading away, over and over again, shit

I did think Luque did some nice stuff, but what does that matter?

Roeder has had a chance and has failed, next manager please

WE ARE SHIT

why arnt you still there protesting