Newcastle United V Sheffield United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Lots to think about here.

I'll start at the back... Moore was excellent against Palermo, he is also very old by premiership standards. I am 35 and I know that if I play a hard game I feel it badly for about 72 hours. I can only imagine the case with Moore being similar... I think its obvious he was knackered from the start of the game the way his body was dragging and he had to resort to cheating to keep players like Hulse even marginally tied up. Moore is a good player - but should probably only be allowed to play sparingly and certainly not as often as he has.

Bramble tries and is simply crap. He has no ability to concentrate and unless he has a high energy partner (which Moore was defo not today) he loses direction and panics.

We played Carr ... this is a problem. In every game he plays he causes problems for us. He just doesn't get back fast enough and whoever plays on the right slowly but surely gets pinned back or has to work twice as hard to accomplish anything because they are forced to play the role of babysitter to some extent. His negative impact is so great that he is actually to blame for many of our points being dropped. He keeps Nobby from being creative, Milner from being an attacking force and Duff from being able to cross when they play on the right... this is not an exagerration.

How Roeder doesn't see any of this is quite simply astonishing to me.

The midfield is actually not that bad (when tehy keep the ball on teh ground) but they are burdened with a poor defence and no understadning with whomever is playing up front - they are ruined most of all by a lack of consistancy. Roeder does not know our best midfield line-up and neither do teh players. We have the most lattitude with these players so he tinkers here a bit too much when he needs to make some bold deicsions (especially at the back) and stick with them (in training anyway).

Roeder has given his best and will be hurting.  But his best was never going to be good enough as he was never up to the job - any fool could see that.  He should have reverted back to his original  post, as originally intended.  All our anger should be directed at one man - the man who appointed him and the clown before.  He should be ashamed of his treatment of our club.

God help us!

Top Post.

Guest makemeacupoftea

I went to the match and i wish i didn't, we had no tactics, no heart or any passing ability

All game was hoofing the ball up and sheffields MASSIVE defenders heading away, over and over again, shit

I did think Luque did some nice stuff, but what does that matter?

Roeder has had a chance and has failed, next manager please

WE ARE SHIT

why arnt you still there protesting

Because i was cold

Guest ToonFanNorway

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72408087.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A67E7621E3BA057FC2329DF394FE942516

"WE WANT SHEPHERD OOT"

We played Carr ... this is a problem. In every game he plays he causes problems for us. He just doesn't get back fast enough and whoever plays on the right slowly but surely gets pinned back or has to work twice as hard to accomplish anything because they are forced to play the role of babysitter to some extent. His negative impact is so great that he is actually to blame for many of our points being dropped. He keeps Nobby from being creative, Milner from being an attacking force and Duff from being able to cross when they play on the right... this is not an exagerration.

There are no words to describe how detrimental Carr is to our team. He's completely out of sync with the rest of the defence. If they push up he's always the one caught too deep and he's often caught out of position from attacking too much. He puts in poor crosses and on the occasions he's actually back to defend he gets skinned for being a fat bastard.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

i paid £8 to watch that cr8p, and £8 last week... and i feel robbed... nevermind going to watch it, if i was there i would protest...FAT B*STAD!!!

Remember the first PPV game ever? It was at home against Palace and we lost 2-0 on rainy midweek under Dalgleish. I feel much worse than that now.

There are no words to describe how detrimental Carr is to our team. He's completely out of sync with the rest of the defence. If they push up he's always the one caught too deep and he's often caught out of position from attacking too much. He puts in poor crosses and on the occasions he's actually back to defend he gets skinned for being a fat bastard.

Hes a fucking useless baboon.

Guest toongimp

I was listening to commentary on radio and the two guys speaking were absolutely trashing the side's commitment and play. It came no surprise when Sheffield scored. Everyone in the NUFC dressing room must be feeling like shit right now after the high of the Palermo match, not to mention us fans. Since Sir Bobby  was sacked there's been too many games like this where the team or manager get things woefully wrong against the 'lesser sides'. What's f**king going on! Freddy Shepherd needs to resign for A: appointing the wrong managers and B: for not being able to inspire the best managers (ie Martin O'Neil) to join our club. Either that or I'll be looking forward to seeing the likes of Newcastle Utd v Barnsley as regular fixtures next season.

harper - 6 - average

carr - 4 - typical carr performance

babayaro - 5 - not bad actually, got forward ok

Bramble - 5 - decent apart from one gaffe in the first half

Moore - 2 - awful all the way through. kept on attacking his marker off the ball, but when it mattered, he lost webber and they scored.

Milner - 6 - man of the match according to the PA. says a lot considerin he was subbed off.

N'Zogbia - 3 - very selfish, i have not bought into the "bad attitude" argument before today but i can barely remember him passing to team-mates.

Butt - 5 - pretty solid as far as i can remember

Parker - 3 - an excellent opening 45 seconds, invisible after that

Duff - 6 - pretty bright, dribbled well, not a great deal of end product but had no-one ahead of him

Rossi - 2 - beyond useless, especially in a lone striker role to which he is inherently unsuited. looks like a reserve player unready for first team football. not his fault though.

luque - 5 - did more in the short time he was on than rossi did in the whole match.

Emre - 5 - was probably our only player who tried to make things happen by taking risks. sadly for him this led to him giving the ball away for sheff utd to score.

Solano - 4 - fairly ineffectual

Rossi - 2 - beyond useless, especially in a lone striker role to which he is inherently unsuited. looks like a reserve player unready for first team football. not his fault though.

felt sorry for him having to put up with the long balls. Who's pathetic idea was that, I wonder?

First-half diagnosis?

No guile or creativity, was an even match at half time. Which of course is saying we played poorly

Second-half diagnosis?

Solano did nothing when he came on and Emre seems frustrated. Luque should of started along side Rossi.

Full-time diagnosis?

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha!

Star man for United?

Milner, if we sell him come Jan it will be murderous. Would rather see N'zogbia go tbh.

Worst United player?

Duff - Utter shite since he's been here, should never play in that role again as he just isn't that type of player.

N'zogbia - My fav player last season, what's gone wrong?

Opposition comment?

Seemed a well organised, hard working side.

Toon-pros?

Milner been our best player for the second game in a row.

Toon-cons?

Everything else, we've played the two worst teams in the league (both at home) these past two weeks and have come out with 1 point and 0 goals.

Post-match feelings?

Roeder now needs to treat all his players the same way and pick based on performances as individulals and how they perform together. Carr, Duff, Parker, N'zogbia and Babayaro all need to be dropped for Watford.....and beyond.

Inept, no heart, no fight.

Moore was an embarrassment, Bramble (bless his heart) tries but isn't very good, and Carr........ well, excuse my laughter but Newcastle paid good money for him.  Honestly can't see how Newcastle can avoid the drop because all the teams around them will be fighting to the end and they will pick up points (like tonight).

All the qualities needed to get the club clear of the relegation zone were missing tonight.

felt sorry for him having to put up with the long balls. Who's pathetic idea was that, I wonder?

was a total joke. the lad obviously has talent and i dont want to be too harsh on him so imo the bulk of the blame has to go to roeder for using him wrongly. it really was pathetic seeing him go shoulder to shoulder against sheff utd's huge defenders or try to win an aerial challenge.

A supposed big club plays 4-5-1 at home to the bottom of the table-has someone up top got a bet on that we'll be relegated.Why were we even playing tonight because Shepherd is a greedy tw@t thats why.Chairman and manager and half of that team aren't fit enough to be even associated with Newcastle United. :thdn:

Well what can you say, fucking pathetic!, why Roeder took Milner off when it was obvious Duffy Duck should have came off, fuck!!!! the guy has not a breath of tactics in the man Fucking Shepherd out and Roland also.

First-half diagnosis?

At least Sheff.U didn't score.

Second-half diagnosis?

Damn, never mind.

Full-time diagnosis?

Do we even practice? Attacking "strategy" seems to be boot the ball down the field and hope for the best... On the off chance that the ball comes anywhere near one of our players, we're incapable of winning it in the air... When one of our players actually GETS the ball, they toss it away 9 times out of 10... NO communication, no strategy, we're playing like we've never been in a game together before.

Star man for United?

"Star?"

Milner, I guess. I'm sure Villa's going to be happy with him when we sell him off in January.

Worst United player?

Take your f#*@ing pick...

Opposition comment?

Don't belong in the Premiership. And they beat us.

Toon-pros?

We'll get a good price for Milner...

Roeder actually managed to use his subs before the last 5 minutes...

Toon-cons?

Defenders, midfielders, and strikers.

Roeder and Jabba the Shep will both still be in charge tomorrow.

Post-match feelings?

At first, suicidal. Then, homicidal. Now, drunk.

And suicidal. And homicidal.

Protesting at SJP in spirit, from the States.

Guest Wally_McFool

The are many similarities between the performances of Newcastle this season to the season when the "great" Bobby Shinton was top scorer with 7 goals.

OHHHHHHHH F**K!

Guest craigy225

thought charlton game was bad, this game was worse, after a great win midweek thought things would be brighter how wrong am i .

things got to get sorted and soon.

wonder what the sunday papers say tom ?