Newcastle United V Sheffield United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I am not going down there again until that lard-arsed c**t is gone. He's had my money, but that is it. No more. Can't remember being this frustrated with them, even under the last nobber. There is a distinct lack of balls in that side. No heart, no pride, no f**king chance of getting out of trouble.

Sod the cups, this is desperate now. Drop the over paid tossers and play the bairns with a bit of passion for the shirt.

Sell up now you hopeless waster, take your lackies with you and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. 

Charlton, Sheffield and Man City were the matches that were supposed to tell us how our season was going to go.  A mininum of 7 points from the 3 games, it should have been.  We can only get 4 points now...We all know what happened last time we played Man City away.

Harper - 6

Carr - 3 - Nothing special, no overlapping play, not much really!

Babayaro - 5- Pretty average.

Bramble - 6 - Decent - him and Milner best players.

Moore - 3 - Quiet and seems to like flattening people!

Milner - 7 - Wrong decision to be subbed - our only outlet

N'Zogbia - 4 - Seems to be lacking confidence at the moment.

Butt - 5 - Played ok as Defensive Midfielder

Parker - 3 - Should be making more runs forward, feeding balls through, no fight today

Duff - 3 - Didn't seem to know where he was meant to be playing

Rossi - 3 - Seemed isolated good touches in first half.

luque - 5 - Looked like he wanted to do something at least - cannot use him as a scapegoat today!

Emre - 5 - had a shot apart from that...

Solano - 4 - quiet.

Guest craigy225

have to agree with 1nol i feel very frustrated really a performance like that pisses me right off.

something needs to be done, dont know what to say im that annoyed

With Souness...every time we thought he may be sacked, he won a game, which saved him for a few more games.  I hope this doesn't happen with Roeder, with his cup form keeping him as manager.  It happens with players too...Bramble makes loads of mistakes, then he has one good game, like against Portsmouth, and he's being praised, and is back in the squad.

Swap you Kuyt for Owen right now.  How much I would have liked Kuyt now.  He would have fit into our team.  Saying that, he would probably have gotten injured straight away, and been criticised for being slow or something, lol.  Good times, eh.

Do not know what to say, just got a whole lot worse.  Sheffield United, it is just unthinkable that we cannot beat a poor, recently promoted side.    To be playing the last game of the day and not know how important it was to win, there is no fight or interest .

First-half diagnosis?

Great fireworks over Gateshead and towards Shields.

Second-half diagnosis?

More great fireworks over Gateshead and towards Shields, probably better than the first half display.

Full-time diagnosis?

A bit expensive to see a firework display but you see them for miles so probably just about worked out as good value.

Star man for United?

Pardon?

Worst United player?

This is just as hard as chosing the "Star man," this one because of the variety and numbers to chose from.

Opposition comment?

Shite but had more purpose than we did.

Toon-pros?

It's over.

Toon-cons?

We've got another one on Tuesday.

Post-match feelings?

A total shower of shite without exception, this may be slightly tough on Harper.

Do not know what to say, just got a whole lot worse. Sheffield United, it is just unthinkable that we cannot beat a poor, recently promoted side. To be playing the last game of the day and not know how important it was to win, there is no fight or interest .

what would you say, was the answer?

we should change our names to the Hoovers, we suck so much.

infuriating to watch.  moore belongs on an american football team with those blocks.  shameful!  i do have to give some credit to luque, except for that weak-as-water shot that almost caused paddy kenny to die of old age, he seemed to be trying.

Really, really glad that I didn`t pay extra to watch this pap on Prem plus!! Not after the Charlton game!! Just listening on the radio was bad enough!!! Whos bright idea was it to put 2 NUFC games on prem plus, consecutively?? Hardly fair.... :roll:

Its looking bad alright. I remember the relegation eighties, up, down, etc.... :wullie: Can`t believe we have sunk to this level. Pure embarrasement... :oops:

Bring on Watford! huh.gif

Even Watford managed a win today against the smogmonsters!! :lol:

I`ve got a bad feeling about that tie!! :roll:

Big problem was that with that strikeforce we had to keep the ball on the ground, and we don't really have the confidence or the class to do that successfully at the moment. As against Charlton, we don't look remotely likely to get a goal from a cross or a corner. Those sort of chances were completely wasted.

I don't want to lay into Roeder, because with the players available, there wasn't a lot else he could have done. The situation we're in is a combination of bad luck with injuries, and long-term mismanagement by Shepherd. Inevitably with all the chopping and changing, there's no overall team-building strategy and we look like a cobbled-together side.

If FFS is hooked up to the net and reads the forums, I would think his best bet would be to stop off at Otmar Hitzfeld's place and beg him to take over at the toon. Looks like it could be the only way FFS may keep his job, if he does this then he should leave the country till the end of the season and stop interfiering in the running of the club. :wullie: