BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

Have you read the interviews? They're laughably bad and Llambias comes across as a twat.

You ask for communication and when you get it this is your response? Your attitude is probably shared by 99% of the NUSC members though, which is why I don't think the club should give them the time of day. All this talk of wanting to work with the owners is weasel word bollocks.

I wouldn't call it communication. It was basically the same old shite we were fed in the summer by Ashley ("We will spend", "we have a plan", "The club was in the shit financially" etc.) with some patronising bullshit thrown in and a general sense of "It's our club so you can take it or leave it."

If you can go the rest of the season quite happy that things will change in the summer after what was said by Llambias then I envy you, I really do. There is no light at the end of the tunnel IMO.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

I fail to see how a group of FANS voicing their opinion in a socially acceptable way is going to hurt the team's performances.

You lot remind me of my fellow countrymen

"Are you pleased with the way the country's being run?"

"f*** no, I don't have anything to eat"

"Why don't you join the protest then?"

"Because nothing will change"

Such people boil my piss and deserve anything they get.

To be fair, when there are so many cretins lapping up the shit they're fed and willing to pay for the spit in their soup they really do deserve it. There'll be plenty people who wont though, thank fuck.

Anyone who protests at the Everton game does not want the best for the club.

Complete bollocks.

Leave your protests until the end of the season. Protest like hell if we are safe by the last home game, but dont do anything now that is going to be detrimental to the team performance and again puts NUFC in the headlines for the wrong reasons

Once again, the protest is being peformed away from the ground so it does not have an effect on the team. If anything a few hundred people marching together to the match may create some sorely needed atmosphere.

The regime has made small steps this week with his openess, grow the f*** up and make small steps back in return and cancel the protest

Have you read the interviews? They're laughably bad and Llambias comes across as a t***.

Right. And you don't think there will be a militant atmosphere inside the ground once the match has kicked off? People will be running high on emotion. And although there will be a sensible element among the protesters, many many mongs will be there, and if we go a goal down let's say. the high emotions will compound the situation and we could have that absolutely idiotic lull around the stadium like we did against Hull.

This protest is bad news, and I just hope it will be so lightly attended so as not to create the effect it could end up having on the game. The Everton game at home is one of those winnable ones at least.

If we go a goal down that will happen regardless of the protest. You can't seriously compare a meet/march well away from the ground with the sense of abject anger that punctuated the Hull game. They're two completely different beasts as we will no doubt see against Everton when those who have been to the protest don't instantly start spitting venom at the players on the pitch.

This is making a mountin out of a molehill. All of the excuses trotted out so far have been piss poor. If you don't like it then feel free not to go but also realise that these fans feckless prats have a right to protest at against the contempt shown by the feckless prats in charge of the club.

There is a supporters rally at the monument at 3pm on the day we play Everton,  NUSC have never said they are having a protest,  they specifically said RALLY not protest.  LIke i seem to be constantly repeating myself on numerous threads but no one seems to be taking there blinkers off, they haven't yet come out and said what is going to happen at this rally. 

I know one thing though that will be said, they be urging every single supporter who goes to the monument to get inside SJP and raise the fucking roof in giving 110% support to the team on the pitch.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

What I genuinely don't get is why they have to have their boycoutt rally before a ridiculously important home game! I'll reiterate a point I've made before on this forum, why don't NUSC have their rallies and whatever when we've secured our top flight status? or in the close season when they can have as many rallies as they like and maybe wear shorts because the weather's better?

Please direct your energies towards supporting the team and please postpone all of your rallies until May 25th or such point that we have guaranteed another season of premier league football.

Is that not logical?

There is a supporters rally at the monument at 3pm on the day we play Everton,  NUSC have never said they are having a protest,  they specifically said RALLY not protest.  LIke i seem to be constantly repeating myself on numerous threads but no one seems to be taking there blinkers off, they haven't yet come out and said what is going to happen at this rally. 

I know one thing though that will be said, they be urging every single supporter who goes to the monument to get inside SJP and raise the f***ing roof in giving 110% support to the team on the pitch.

James will be happy then as I know in the early days of NUSC he was very unhappy NUSC had not mentioned anything about supporting the team, the fucking bastards.

What I genuinely don't get is why they have to have their boycoutt rally before a ridiculously important home game! I'll reiterate a point I've made before on this forum, why don't NUSC have their rallies and whatever when we've secured our top flight status? or in the close season when they can have as many rallies as they like and maybe wear shorts because the weather's better?

Please direct your energies towards supporting the team and please postpone all of your rallies until May 25th or such point that we have guaranteed another season of premier league football.

Is that not logical?

It's not going to have an adverse effect on the team. Jesus wept, what the fuck is wrong with you lot?

As the poster above you has said they're going to urge people to do exactly what you want and get behind the team, the only difference is NUSC may be capable of creating some form of atmosphere by bringing a few people together pre-match and getting them in the mood.

To be fair, when there are so many cretins lapping up the shit they're fed and willing to pay for the spit in their soup they really do deserve it. There'll be plenty people who wont though, thank fuck.

I see very few people "lapping" it up. Are you having a go at people who are daring to renew their season tickets and buy pies and pints at SJP?

Our team is struggling against it's worst ever injury crisis and some terrible refereeing decisions, our manager is in hospital awaiting heart surgery, our senior management team are desperately trying to create some stability and we have 13 of the most important games in our history coming up.  So what do the so called "Newcastle United Supporters Club" do - they organise a protest march to be played out for the benefit of TV cameras and the London based tabloids immediately before an important game.  You just couldn't make it up !

Does anyone suppose the supporters of West Brom, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Bolton, Sunderland or anyone else may be contemplating doing the same ? Not likely - they'll be supporting their teams as normal and having (yet another) laugh at our expense.

No doubt the protest march will attract the usual self important rent-a-quotes and (non match attending) slack jawed charvas to grin, sing and provide the usual soundbites for the nation's amusement. Sky TV and certain hacks must be salivating at the prospect already.

Could I suggest that instead of a distracting protest march, Newcastle fans do something REALLY extraordinary like getting to the stadium 15 minutes early and creating a rocking atmosphere to help our team win a match which will be the first of 13 "cup finals" we will play between now and the end of the season.

Most people wont be joining the rally & I doubt many will be arriving any earlier as most normal people will be having a cheap beer at one of the many pubs that sell booze cheaper than SJP on a matchday.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Is that not logical?

It's not going to have an adverse effect on the team. Jesus wept, what the f*** is wrong with you lot?

As the poster above you has said they're going to urge people to do exactly what you want and get behind the team, the only difference is NUSC may be capable of creating some form of atmosphere by bringing a few people together pre-match and getting them in the mood.

We'll agree to disagree then.

Irrespective of their motive, this is not the way it will be reflected in the media and will no doubt be jumped upon by the usual retards who turn up at St James' and get on Sky Sports News (no not David Craig). You must agree that there is a proportion of non-match going toon fans who are more likely to attend this rally and turn it to their own agenda? I'm talking about the boycoutt brigade. Is this not potentially providing a forum to turn what could by all means be an idea to 'rally' some support into an anti-regime event? Here underlies my entire point for avoiding these kind of events until the close season or safety-secured point. There is a mass amount of ill feeling around Tyneside, we all know that, and this could potentially provide a forum for it all to raise its head, and THAT would be extremely detrimental.

Is that not logical?

It's not going to have an adverse effect on the team. Jesus wept, what the f*** is wrong with you lot?

Irrespective of their motive, this is not the way it will be reflected in the media and will no doubt be jumped upon by the usual retards who turn up at St James' and get on Sky Sports News (no not David Craig). You must agree that there is a proportion of non-match going toon fans who are more likely to attend this rally and turn it to their own agenda? I'm talking about the boycoutt brigade. Is this not potentially providing a forum to turn what could by all means be an idea to 'rally' some support into an anti-regime event? Here underlies my entire point for avoiding these kind of events until the close season or safety-secured point. There is a mass amount of ill feeling around Tyneside, we all know that, and this could potentially provide a forum for it all to raise its head, and THAT would be extremely detrimental.

The media coverage of NUSC so far has been overwhelmingly positive, as I pointed out earlier in the thread. I can't echo your worries about it being hijacked by charvas either as I don't think they're organised enough to turn it into an 'anti-regime event'. Obviously you'll get the odd scratter who is going to go way too far but the majority of Newcastle United fans are level headed blokes who wont suddenly flip the minute Ashley's name as mentioned.

NUSC have every right to protest. It's being done well away from the ground and it wont have any negative effect on the performance of the players and I can't see why any right minded person would think otherwise. Using the logic of some on here then all fans should be barred from fraternising with each other pre-game if they're going to talk about the sorry state this club is in because that's clearly a breading ground for ill feeling that could reveal itself when Shola inevitably misplaces a pass. Do people off here go to the pub with their mates before a match, plaster on a shit eating grin and talk about what a good job Kinnear, Llambias and Ashley are doing and how we're only a few good results away from Europe for fear that a negative comment is going to lose us a game?

Is that not logical?

The media coverage of NUSC so far has been overwhelmingly positive, as I pointed out earlier in the thread. I can't echo your worries about it being hijacked by charvas either as I don't think they're organised enough to turn it into an 'anti-regime event'. Obviously you'll get the odd scratter who is going to go way too far but the majority of Newcastle United fans are level headed blokes who wont suddenly flip the minute Ashley's name as mentioned.

NUSC have every right to protest. It's being done well away from the ground and it wont have any negative effect on the performance of the players and I can't see why any right minded person would think otherwise. Using the logic of some on here then all fans should be barred from fraternising with each other pre-game if they're going to talk about the sorry state this club is in because that's clearly a breading ground for ill feeling that could reveal itself when Shola inevitably misplaces a pass. Do people off here go to the pub with their mates before a match, plaster on a s*** eating grin and talk about what a good job Kinnear, Llambias and Ashley are doing and how we're only a few good results away from Europe for fear that a negative comment is going to lose us a game?

dear me  :doh:

When fans get together for a pre-match pint, it isn't exactly plastered all over national and local news is it?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Is that not logical?

NUSC have every right to protest. It's being done well away from the ground and it wont have any negative effect on the performance of the players and I can't see why any right minded person would think otherwise. Using the logic of some on here then all fans should be barred from fraternising with each other pre-game if they're going to talk about the sorry state this club is in because that's clearly a breading ground for ill feeling that could reveal itself when Shola inevitably misplaces a pass. Do people off here go to the pub with their mates before a match, plaster on a s*** eating grin and talk about what a good job Kinnear, Llambias and Ashley are doing and how we're only a few good results away from Europe for fear that a negative comment is going to lose us a game?

When fans get together for a pre-match pint, it isn't exactly plastered all over national and local news is it?

Next time me and 300 of my mates go for a pint at Grey's Monument then walk up to St James' I'll let you know

Is that not logical?

What has the media exposure got to do with it? Unless Llambias wanders past and he's lynched I doubt that the meeting being plastered all over the local press is going to have that much of an effect.

Is that not logical?

Next time me and 300 of my mates go for a pint at Grey's Monument then walk up to St James' I'll let you know

Don't be facetious. The point still stands.

The main argument against it is that it could have a negative effect, which is bollocks as any meetings of any fans (barring the next N-O piss up, obviously) no matter how small is going to produce some negative vibes because of the current situation of the club. 300 people may be marching up for the monument but there's going to be another 47,000+ equally as fucked off.

Is that not logical?

NUSC have every right to protest. It's being done well away from the ground and it wont have any negative effect on the performance of the players and I can't see why any right minded person would think otherwise. Using the logic of some on here then all fans should be barred from fraternising with each other pre-game if they're going to talk about the sorry state this club is in because that's clearly a breading ground for ill feeling that could reveal itself when Shola inevitably misplaces a pass. Do people off here go to the pub with their mates before a match, plaster on a shit eating grin and talk about what a good job Kinnear, Llambias and Ashley are doing and how we're only a few good results away from Europe for fear that a negative comment is going to lose us a game?

Didn't you say just earlier it was a rally and NOT a protest? :lol:

Yeah ok.

Guest Gazmatron

If I was Mike Ashley and saw a rabble of a few hundred people marching around I would not care to be honest. It isnt going to aheive anything other than make you all look like a bunch of thick chavs.

Is that not logical?

Yeah ok.

No, that was Binnsy.

Guest toonlass

So when the NUSC get the bedsheet rent-a-mong brigade (last seen September 2008 outside the Gallowgate gurning on SSN) none of who will have a ticket to the game, and 50 NUSC members, who will be jubilant that they have a large turnout of people (regardless of them not having the slightest bit of interest in Newcastle United, and 100% interest in being on the telly), lets just pretend it was successful. Meanwhile the people who give a toss about the club will be concentrating on having a bevvy before the game and supporting Newcastle United as they have done for years.

Is that not logical?

Yeah ok.

No, that was Binnsy.

Ok I see you haven't caught up with the updated PC NUSC.  My bad.