BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

Can you at least except you're mistakes on previous arguments

???

We've paid off all our debt, but we've still got loads of debt with more to come.

Our wage bill is too high, but Ashley has increased the wage bill.

We need investment, but Ashley turns down offers of investment from local businessmen.

It's cheaper to pay a DOF to bring in players than let the manager do it, but the DOF is paid 150% more than the manager.

For all the tales of woe, they don't actually seem to be that worried about it or doing much to sort it.

Is that true? Don't think I've seen it before.

According to Mike Ashley it is...

?So when you are Mike Ashley at Newcastle United then of course you think partners would make sense. And, if I can, I?d like to start with people in the North East because there are some great people who come to our matches who sit in the corporate areas, and wouldn?t it be great to have local backing for what we are doing?

?Some of them would talk to me last season and say, ?Mike, is there an opportunity for us to come into the club again because we were shareholders in the plc previously??.

?I?d tell them we?d look at it at the end of the season as there was no rush"

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2008/08/08/mike-ashley-exclusive-chronicle-interview-72703-21492315/

But he's been known to talk bollocks....which is exactly ther point.

And where does he turn down offers of investment, exactly? The context of that quote was him announcing that he was looking for investors!

"I'd tell them we'd look at it at the end of the season as there was no rush"

Exactly. No refusal there at all.

???

We've paid off all our debt, but we've still got loads of debt with more to come.

We need investment, but Ashley turns down offers of investment from local businessmen.

It's cheaper to pay a DOF to bring in players than let the manager do it, but the DOF is paid 150% more than the manager.

For all the tales of woe, they don't actually seem to be that worried about it or doing much to sort it.

?So when you are Mike Ashley at Newcastle United then of course you think partners would make sense. And, if I can, I?d like to start with people in the North East because there are some great people who come to our matches who sit in the corporate areas, and wouldn?t it be great to have local backing for what we are doing?

?Some of them would talk to me last season and say, ?Mike, is there an opportunity for us to come into the club again because we were shareholders in the plc previously??.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2008/08/08/mike-ashley-exclusive-chronicle-interview-72703-21492315/

And where does he turn down offers of investment, exactly? The context of that quote was him announcing that he was looking for investors!

When you asked that tart out and she said "some other time"  that was a knock back mate.  I know you don't like to think so, but it was.  O0

???

When you asked that tart out and she said "some other time"  that was a knock back mate.  I know you don't like to think so, but it was.  O0

Feeble.

Well I for one am not prepared to give up buying my season ticket by direct debit. It is the best option for me, financially, as I can spread the payments and I am paying no more now for my ticket than I was last year. And last year my season ticket was £50 cheaper than it was the year before! I will not pay more for individual match tickets, seeing that I will be at all the home games next season as I cannot justify the extra expense when I can get the same seat cheaper by buying it upfront.

Secondly I am not prepared to boycott Newcastle United. If I take my money away from this club (as small an amount as it may be) the money that could be used to fund the buying of players and paying their wages will have to be diverted to paying the day to day running costs of the club. NUSC fails to see that by boycotting the club we are cutting our noses off to spite our face. I do not want to be a part of that.

Thirdly, I won't be joining NUSC or joining any of their protests or rallies, until they are clearer about what they really stand for. They claim to be a supporters club, and yet continually to make the supporters look stupid by releasing ill-thought out statements on SSN etc claiming to speak for the majority. Well, 600 members out of a ground that holds 52,000 (and not including supporters who cannot attend the matches) is not a majority. I am impressed that the helped the fans who were picked on at Middlesbrough, but to be honest they have done little else. They claim to have brought the stewarding problems to the fore at Newcastle. Well I phoned the club on the monday after the Tottenham game and complained about the stewarding, and I emailed the match day police with a video of the steward hitting the fan in level 7. I have had a phone call back to say that due to the video and complaints including mine the stewards are going to be a mix of the longer working stewards and new blokes up in level 7 now. It didn't take a £10 membership fee and a committee to do that.

I don't need a keyring, badge and car-sticker to tell me I am a Newcastle United fan. I don't need some bloke with a megaphone by the monument to tell me that the club is being ran badly. I know Ashley is not the bloke to take this club forward, but until there is another option there, then what can we do. We cannot force Ashley to sell the club to someone who isn't there.

:clap:

I think I love you  :smitten:

???

Feeble.

:laugh:

"There are some great people who come to our matches who sit in the corporate areas, and wouldn’t it be great to have local backing for what we are doing?  “Some of them would talk to me last season and say, ‘Mike, is there an opportunity for us to come into the club again because we were shareholders in the plc previously?’.

Either they've invested since or he's knocked them back or he was making it up at the time.  Which is it?

???

Feeble.

"There are some great people who come to our matches who sit in the corporate areas, and wouldn?t it be great to have local backing for what we are doing?  ?Some of them would talk to me last season and say, ?Mike, is there an opportunity for us to come into the club again because we were shareholders in the plc previously??.

Either they've invested since or he's knocked them back or he was making it up at the time.  Which is it?

Whatever it is, it's clearly not a refusal. In fact, it seems more like an invitation.

Well I for one am not prepared to give up buying my season ticket by direct debit. It is the best option for me, financially, as I can spread the payments and I am paying no more now for my ticket than I was last year. And last year my season ticket was £50 cheaper than it was the year before! I will not pay more for individual match tickets, seeing that I will be at all the home games next season as I cannot justify the extra expense when I can get the same seat cheaper by buying it upfront.

Secondly I am not prepared to boycott Newcastle United. If I take my money away from this club (as small an amount as it may be) the money that could be used to fund the buying of players and paying their wages will have to be diverted to paying the day to day running costs of the club. NUSC fails to see that by boycotting the club we are cutting our noses off to spite our face. I do not want to be a part of that.

Thirdly, I won't be joining NUSC or joining any of their protests or rallies, until they are clearer about what they really stand for. They claim to be a supporters club, and yet continually to make the supporters look stupid by releasing ill-thought out statements on SSN etc claiming to speak for the majority. Well, 600 members out of a ground that holds 52,000 (and not including supporters who cannot attend the matches) is not a majority. I am impressed that the helped the fans who were picked on at Middlesbrough, but to be honest they have done little else. They claim to have brought the stewarding problems to the fore at Newcastle. Well I phoned the club on the monday after the Tottenham game and complained about the stewarding, and I emailed the match day police with a video of the steward hitting the fan in level 7. I have had a phone call back to say that due to the video and complaints including mine the stewards are going to be a mix of the longer working stewards and new blokes up in level 7 now. It didn't take a £10 membership fee and a committee to do that.

I don't need a keyring, badge and car-sticker to tell me I am a Newcastle United fan. I don't need some bloke with a megaphone by the monument to tell me that the club is being ran badly. I know Ashley is not the bloke to take this club forward, but until there is another option there, then what can we do. We cannot force Ashley to sell the club to someone who isn't there.

Fantastic post.

The wages need to be looked at and I think they will come down very quickly when Owen, Viduka and Smith are gone. None of these three really give value for money with a combined wage of 230,000 a week give or take.

On the one hand there is a need to balance the business I have no doubts about that, but as is shown at other clubs we need to keep refreshing the first team or we'll on be saving money to go down.

That is the reality.

Spot on. Owen is a slight anomoly as he is our 'best' player - and certainly our best brand - but there is huge scope for cutting the wage bill. As Teasy mentioned, the likes of Cacapa, Duff, Butt, Geremi should be gone given their current value for money.

The team needs a little jazzing up too.

???

Feeble.

"There are some great people who come to our matches who sit in the corporate areas, and wouldn?t it be great to have local backing for what we are doing?  ?Some of them would talk to me last season and say, ?Mike, is there an opportunity for us to come into the club again because we were shareholders in the plc previously??.

Whatever it is, it's clearly not a refusal. In fact, it seems more like an invitation.

He's inventing imaginary questions for himself in an attempt to attract people to the club?  That reminds me of someone... :iamatwat:

Fantastic post.

Bark up your own tree Ian Woan!    :tickedoff:

I called shotgun on TLass  :knuppel2:

Owen, Viduka, Smith, Geremi, Duff, Cacapa

They all add very little to nothing to this club, yet they take up somewhere around £21 million a year, 33% of our total wage bill on six wasters.  Joey Bartons very close to being added to that list IMO as well, a further £3 million a year.

Weren't four of those signed under Ashley's ownership?

They all add very little to nothing to this club, yet they take up somewhere around £21 million a year, 33% of our total wage bill on six wasters.  Joey Bartons very close to being added to that list IMO as well, a further £3 million a year.

:lol:

The four who've contributed least.

3 I think. IIRC Geremi was signed by Allardyce under Shepherd still?

Regardless, it was Ashley backing his manager  :pow:

It is a great post and written by someone who obviously holds Newcastle United close to her heart.

Shows how wrong the attitude of NUSC is  - that if you don't agree with them you're not a Newcastle supporter.

Yes four of them were signed by Allardyce when Ashley first arrived, is that relevant?

Yes four of them were signed by Allardyce when Ashley first arrived, is that relevant?

Seeing as the current regime keep on harping on about the wage structure and the situation they were left in by Shepherd, I'd say yes it is.

Its relevant to a totally different discussion?, ok then.

It should also be mentioned that those three players were signed by Allardyce with Ashley's backing before he brought his own team in.  How many players have we brought in on stupid wages since then?

Yes it is because he's a tw@t for backing the manager. Err no he's not he's actually a tw@t for NOT backing the manager.

Err.... well something like that - he's a tw@t anyway - he must be mustn't he ?

I'm not prepared to boycott the club either.  And NUSC haven't suggested it.  A boycott of food/drink/programs was in place at the consensus of most places (TF, The Mag etc.) which the NUSC endorsed once it was set up.

Your confidence that the money we invest in the club will be re-invested in players is confusing though, considering Ashley has had four windows to spend some of that money and we're still in credit in the transfer market.  He's only really managed to spend anything in one window...his first.

Its relevant to a totally different discussion?, ok then.

It should also be mentioned that those three players were signed by Allardyce with Ashley's backing before he brought his own team in.  How many players have we brought in on stupid wages since then?

But you mentioned them so I responsed.

Guest toonlass

I'm not prepared to boycott the club either.  And NUSC haven't suggested it.  A boycott of food/drink/programs was in place at the consensus of most places (TF, The Mag etc.) which the NUSC endorsed once it was set up.

Your confidence that the money we invest in the club will be re-invested in players is confusing though, considering Ashley has had four windows to spend some of that money and we're still in credit in the transfer market.  He's only really managed to spend anything in one window...his first.

It was called for repeatedly in the meeting last wednesday, and reported in the media as something that the NUSC have endorsed, like I say I am not prepared to do this and have said why. Anyone who wants to boycott the club's merchandise etc can do, but I personally can see that doing more harm than good.

And by the way, spurs have spent far more than us, and look where they are. (not that I am happy with the investment but it just shows that money spent does not equate success).

Guest The Libertine

you realise money going into the club pays for other stuff too?

Guest Micktoon

Cracking post, well said.

It was called for repeatedly in the meeting last wednesday, and reported in the media as something that the NUSC have endorsed, like I say I am not prepared to do this and have said why. Anyone who wants to boycott the club's merchandise etc can do, but I personally can see that doing more harm than good.

I'd like to see those media reports if you have a link.

You'll get individuals calling for all sorts of things (like boycotting games), but that's the good thing about the NUSC, they'll not put into action something unless the majority are in agreement.

As long as it's a thousand or so people the vocal minority of radgies will find it easier.  Perhaps when more people like yourself join and promote inaction the NUSC will vote to reverse their position on a merchandise boycott.