Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona

ToonTastic

Did anyone catch this match on Sky Sports Extra? It's just finished and was a fantastic game, honestly if you didn't see it watch out for the highlights of the Spanish football I think at 1am on SS1. Just to see Henry's first goal if nothing else. Brilliant match, brought back memories of our match against Liverpool and that was how it ended 4-3.

Yep, it was brilliant. Some awesome goals.

Mind I would be fuming right now if I was a Barca fan. Their goal difference is +50 (yes, that's PLUS FIFTY) and yet they're only four points clear. :idiot2:

What was Barca's biggest lead this season?

More of Real follower when it comes to Spanish football, would be some come back if Barca toppled.

Think it was 15 points at one stage. Certainly double figures.

Credit to Real though, Barca with as mentioned a +50 goal difference and just 3 defeats this season, only 4 points above them. Think thats 10 league wins in a row for Real.

Gutted like.

Must have been great for the neutral though.  La Liga really is a vastly superior, entertaining league than the Prem.

:frantic:

But the Premiership has, like, passion and stuff!!!!!

:kinnear:

Gutted like.

Must have been great for the neutral though.  La Liga really is a vastly superior, entertaining league than the Prem.

Well I'm neutral and I loved it. The match was flowing so quick as well, I know it was cause Athletico wanted to get on with the game but the fact the ball was quickly at the player for throw ins and that (well a new ball) just meant the game seemed to never stop. It was great stuff.

It would be laughable for La Liga if this Real Madrid team won it for a third year in a row, it would be like Liverpool dominating the Premier League.

Gutted like.

lie.... more entertaining??? just have two teams to have play consistently good football.

league less entertaining when the gap between that 2 teams with the lowers one is very huge.

Guest Heneage

Sounds like last seasons Madrid derby, what was great about that was that I bet £20 on Madrid so when Drenthe tumbled I was up. But sadly I missed this game as my Dad is a knob with the telly box.

It was embarassing to watch in all honesty. Watching two teams ping the ball around the park with skill and intelligence, then remembering the massacre of the game we played our part in this afternoon.

Sounds like last seasons Madrid derby, what was great about that was that I bet £20 on Madrid so when Drenthe tumbled I was up. But sadly I missed this game as my Dad is a knob with the telly box.

I'm onto you  :coolsmiley:

Guest Heneage

I'm onto you  :coolsmiley:

:lol: Just realised how daft that sounded. I bet £20 on REAL, to win.

La Liga really is a vastly superior, entertaining league than the Prem.

That might be true in play, but then I see stuff like Alves in the first half yesterday rolling around like a retard for what felt like 20 minutes and then end up playing the whole game. You get stoppages like that every 2 minutes it seems and then there's the card crazy refs...

A lot of times I'm perfectly happy to change the channel and just watch the highlights/goals later.

It was embarassing to watch in all honesty. Watching two teams ping the ball around the park with skill and intelligence, then remembering the massacre of the game we played our part in this afternoon.

It's not even just the bad teams in our league as well though. If you watch teams like Chelsea and Liverpool there's no way they could produce football like that.

The Spanish league just seems more fun because you're watching Barca or Real all the time.

When you watch the Premiership, you're forced to watch Newcastle :lol:

Barcelona games on Saturday/Sunday evenings are the antidote to Newcastle's games.  Sometimes if a squint really hard their shirts do appear black and white sometimes.  :snod:

Gutted like.

Im a big fan of La Liga but the reason why its so entertaining is because they cant defend for shit