U23s & Academy

Skirge

He done ok, nothing brilliant,  he does look like he could have a good future and i would say he is the one to watch,  he played wide left which i don't think is his best position. 

He's the opposite to the likes Danquah who was playing on the right or Baheng who didn't get off the bench,  Vukcic plays everything one or 2 touch, always finds space, gets it, plays it and moves,  Danquah and Baheng get it and keep it, head down and dribble.  I much prefer the style of Vukcic, hopefully next season we may see him push towards the first team, although i think he's still only 16 so may still be early.

My dad was saying in the car that he's hoping we will stop up so these kids can continue to develop and come through,  the kids he meant were Tavernier, Ferguson, Vukcic, Ranger(had a mare tonight!), Inman.

Cheers, seems Ranger's form has dropped severely lately even though he's getting opportunities.

He done ok, nothing brilliant,  he does look like he could have a good future and i would say he is the one to watch,  he played wide left which i don't think is his best position. 

He's the opposite to the likes Danquah who was playing on the right or Baheng who didn't get off the bench,  Vukcic plays everything one or 2 touch, always finds space, gets it, plays it and moves,  Danquah and Baheng get it and keep it, head down and dribble.  I much prefer the style of Vukcic, hopefully next season we may see him push towards the first team, although i think he's still only 16 so may still be early.

My dad was saying in the car that he's hoping we will stop up so these kids can continue to develop and come through,  the kids he meant were Tavernier, Ferguson, Vukcic, Ranger(had a mare tonight!), Inman.

Cheers, seems Ranger's form has dropped severely lately even though he's getting opportunities.

His goals have dried up since xmas,  virtually everything he hit pre xmas hit the back of the net, he's hardly scored in 2009 but while his goals have dried up his all round game, awareness, ability to hold the ball up etc have improved!

His goals have dried up since xmas,  virtually everything he hit pre xmas hit the back of the net, he's hardly scored in 2009 but while his goals have dried up his all round game, awareness, ability to hold the ball up etc have improved!

Cool, thanks for the reserve round up.  :colo:

Whats happened with Brad Inman, he seemed to be playing every week then got called up for Scotland and then got on the Bench for the first team and now he dosen't seem to play that much?

Whats happened with Brad Inman, he seemed to be playing every week then got called up for Scotland and then got on the Bench for the first team and now he dosen't seem to play that much?

he hasn't really featured that much in the reserve team, especially not starting games,  always in the squad and has come off the bench a few times but has mainly been playing in the academy side.  Good player but he's had the likes of the older Donniger & Donaldson in his position.  I'd expect him to be playing alot more regularly in next seasons reserve team though.

Doninger, Marwood and Godsmark all leaving Newcastle.

surprising, especially doninger as he's the type who seemed like he could come in handy if we..you know....ended up playing in a few new places.

Not really as shock to be honest,  Marwood for whatever reason has hardly featured since xmas,  Godsmark isn't good enough and too small/lightweight.  Donniger maybe a little unlucky not to get another year, especially after his goalscoring expolits, finished top scorer for the reserves but i did say earlier in the season that he would probably be released as he would block young Inmans progress.

Guest Heneage

Not really as shock to be honest,  Marwood for whatever reason has hardly featured since xmas,  Godsmark isn't good enough and too small/lightweight.  Donniger maybe a little unlucky not to get another year, especially after his goalscoring expolits, finished top scorer for the reserves but i did say earlier in the season that he would probably be released as he would block young Inmans progress.

Marwood's been injured since Christmas and has had little chance with first team, bit harsh on the lad to be fair.

Marwood's been injured since Christmas and has had little chance with first team, bit harsh on the lad to be fair.

Hmm... an unbiased opinion from someone who watches the ressies all the time... or the opinion of Marwood's bum boy... I think I know who I'll believe on this one. :thup:

Guest Heneage

Hmm... an unbiased opinion from someone who watches the ressies all the time... or the opinion of Marwood's bum boy... I think I know who I'll believe on this one. :thup:

I wouldn't call Binnsy his bum boy Pilko.

He was playing well before his injury and scoring he should have been taken to Mallorca and given a chance.

Guest geordienorway

He was playing well before his injury and scoring he should have been taken to Mallorca and given a chance.

:dowie:

Guest Heneage

Sarcasm not reached the shores of Norway yet?

Not for the Harry-Norway-esque Norwegians.

Guest palnese

United's reserve/Academy midfielder Shane Ferguson has received a callup to the full Northern Ireland squad for a friendly match against Italy next month.

Northern Ireland Coach Nigel Worthington has named a number of promising youngsters in his 19 player selection for the Azzurri meeting in Pisa on June 6th

nufc.com

:thup:

Not for the Harry-Norway-esque Norwegians.

Nor you, judging by the N-O football match thread :razz:

Academy Kids Lift Bosnia Trophy

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United Under-18s have added some silverware to what has been an impressive campaign by returning victorious from an end-of-season tournament in Bosnia.

Academy Director Richard Money and coach Kenny Wharton took a strong Magpie squad to the town of Foca (pictured below) in the south west of the country for an eight-team knockout competition which also included youth teams from Bulgarian champions Levski Sofia and Serbian heavyweights Crvena Zvezda, the club formerly known as Red Star Belgrade.

First up for the Geordies was a quarter-final tie against Macedonian side Rabotnicki where goals from Haris Vuckic, skipper Ryan Donaldson, James Tavernier and an own goal saw United cruise to a 4-0 success.

Slovenian Vuckic then added another two to his tally during a 2-0 last-four win over Bosnian outfit Sutjeska.

And so it was to a final showdown with Sofia where Vuckic fired twice and Samuel Adjei and Michael McCrudden were also on target in a 4-1 victory.

That brace for Vuckic was enough to see him lift the top goalscorer prize as well as taking home the player-of-the-tournament trophy.

And such was United's impact on the competition that the Mayor of Foca has since written to the club thanking them for their participation whilst also stating that the black-and-white youngsters were the best his town has ever seen.

And Academy chief Money told nufcTV: "All credit to our young players, I thought they were outstanding both on and off the pitch.

"For the Mayor to turn around and say we were the best football team he'd ever seen in the town was a massive compliment.

"I was delighted for the boys and they thoroughly deserved the win.

"We've got a very talented group of players coming through and there are a few who have a real chance of making an impact at first-team level in the not-too-distant future."

To see the full interview with Richard Money log on to nufcTV and there'll also be more reaction to the cup success here on nufc.co.uk

The Magpies' tournament-winning squad included;

Jak Alnwick, Dan Leadbitter, James Taylor, Jeff Henderson, Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier, Patrick McLaughlin, Samuel Adjei, Haris Vuckic, Michael McCrudden, Ryan Donaldson, Paul Dummett, Ben Robinson, Richard Archer, Aaron Spear, Stephen Folan, Ryan Page, Andy Mogwo

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1669919,00.html