U23s & Academy

Skirge

I went to the game last night. My overall impression was that Villa seem to have a policy of selecting players firstly of skill and technique, Hence half of their team were too small and easily knocked about. Our lads generally looked much bigger and stronger.

I didn't go, but my mate did, and that is almost word for word what he said as well.

I'm suprised with that as all i seem to have been saying for the last couple of seasons when watching the youth team is that we seem on the small side (Andy Carroll obviously being an exception) and struggle against the bigger more physical teams.   

According to one youth team player's parent the Toon have a 6'+ height policy these days when it comes to the youngsters. Not sure how that applies to u16 & below like, suppose they look at the parents or something?  :undecided:

Thats worrying as fuck if true although i doubt it is.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I get the impression it wasn't carved in stone, but perhaps selection preference when it came to earning a Pro-Contract? She said her son was constantly measuring himself, desperate to get to 6', felt really sorry for him.

I get the impression it wasn't carved in stone, but perhaps selection preference when it came to earning a Pro-Contract? She said her son was constantly measuring himself, desperate to get to 6', felt really sorry for him.

Might as well just send all our scouts to Africa/Scandanavia and central Europe then. Height shouldn't be an issue. e.g Barcelona

Newcastle Under 15's have won theUK finals of the Nike Premier Cup tournament this week,  after getting out of a tough group including the likes of Arsenal, Villa, Blackburn and Pompey, they then went thru the 1/4's and semi before beating Chelsea in the final.

The World finals are to be held in August in Manchester, 9000 teams from 43 countries entered.

Hopefully the fact they've beat Villa and Chelsea will be a good omen for the Under 18's in the youth cup!

Sure I heard something like that except it only applied to keepers. Makes more sense.

Even then it is beyond stupid. Casillas has been one of the world's best for years and is not above 6 feet. I suppose they would have taken men over him though because of some idiotic height requirement. The world's best, Julio Cesar is only about 6 foot flat.

Live Goal Updates: NUFC RES 0 MFC RES 0

Latest news from Whitley Park

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100412/live-goal-updates-nufc-res-0-mfc-res-0_2240137_2022227

TEAMS

NUFC: Max Johnson, Patrick Nzuzi, Callum Morris, Ben Tozer, Darren Lough, Shane Ferguson, Patrick McLaughlin, Frank Danquah, Joan Edmundsson, Nile Ranger, Wesley Ngo Baheng

Subs: Michael McCrudden, Jonny Godsmark, Aaron Spear, Dan Taylor

MFC: Connor Ripley, Philip Shead, Joe Bennett, Bruno Pilatos, Richard Smallwood, Jonathan Grounds, Jake Fowler, Andrew Taylor, Marvin Emnes, James Gray, Cameron Park

Subs: Paul Weldon, Adam Smith, Ryan Brobbel, Kieran Edwards, Oni Roushias

2 poor teams = 1 poor game.

Crowd 330, 20+ scouts there (not sure how many were NUFC scouts or from various clubs).

Baheng got shouted by Thomma  in the 1st half "Wes get up your not midfielder your a striker". Came off in the 2nd half looked shocked & I doubt he impressed any of them scouts.  Another one drinking in last chance saloon Frank  Wiafe Danquah whizzed around a fair bit.

The next Rooney came on & looked nowt special.

Various U18 players trying to figure out the name of Lukaku.

The Gordons McQueen & Strachan were there

Think Dan Williams is off to the USA

Another player not going name him is pushing for Thompson to find out if he is staying: "I don't wan't to be like Mark Donnigner & find out 2 weeks before the season end"

***UPDATE***

If wiki is correct & Marvin Emnes cost £3.2 million that makes him one seriously bad player. Put him alongside the no goal scoring Brazilian striker & that for me says chairmen everywhere do not employ G.Southgate.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Another player not going name him is pushing for Thompson to find out if he is staying: "I don't wan't to be like Mark Donnigner & find out 2 weeks before the season end"

Aye, Williams won't be here next season. Sounds like the other guy was Callum Morris, though I'm sure he must know he won't be here since he's not had a sniff. I know James Taylor was sweating about about not knowing if he was coming or going end of the season.

Guest Heneage

Crowd 330, 20+ scouts there (not sure how many were NUFC scouts or from various clubs).

Baheng got shouted by Thomma  in the 1st half "Wes get up your not midfielder your a striker". Came off in the 2nd half looked shocked & I doubt he impressed any of them scouts.  Another one drinking in last chance saloon Frank  Wiafe Danquah whizzed around a fair bit.

***UPDATE***

If wiki is correct & Marvin Emnes cost £3.2 million that makes him one seriously bad player. Put him alongside the no goal scoring Brazilian striker & that for me says chairmen everywhere do not employ G.Southgate.

Even at Sparta he was nothing earth s hattering, nowhere near 3.2m.

***UPDATE***

The Boro website says £3.2 million http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/marvin-emnes-middlesbrough_70610_43826

Guest Heneage

***UPDATE***

The Boro website says £3.2 million http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/marvin-emnes-middlesbrough_70610_43826

Sorry mate I meant 'He was never worth anywhere near £3.2m' Like Sparta fucked them over massively. :lol:

Off work next week so I will trundle on up to Darsley to watch the 2nd string play the Boro at 2pm. Would imagine there will be a good splattering of 1st teamers watching the game with this kick off time.

I'm off work this week too, but didn't even know the game was on, as i've been ill all weekend. I didn't even have the energy to log on to my PC. The times i've stood freezing, watching the reserves and youth teams. It would have been nice to watch on such a glorious day, despite the result.

Guest Heneage

Whoever did Boro's scouting in Holland did a good job like. £15 million down the pan on two complete duds.

I think they got stung by Emnes though and are unlucky with both. Alves was a gamble, a quick check of his Wiki shows he's scored 14 in 11 for his new team. :lol:

Emnes had played at all Dutch national levels, so on paper you'd think a good investment, if not a bit pricey. Much like Didier Digard tbh.