U23s & Academy

Skirge

Was at Carlisle/Yeovil yesterday and Adam Campbell played for Carlisle. Actually played well but fucking hell he looks like a kid out there

He's actually taller than both Messi and Edgar Davids. Just goes to show stature can make such a difference.

Holy shit. :lol: Never thought about this before. Doesn't seem right.

J Campos

Lahm      DC          DC      DL

Kante    Davids

Messi          Maradona        A Sanchez

ST

Must be missing some obvious ones and DCs must surely be tough.

J Campos

Lahm      DC          DC      R Carlos

Kante    Xavi

Messi          Maradona        A Sanchez

ST

Must be missing some obvious ones and DCs must surely be tough.

Roberto Carlos in at LB and Xavi for Davids.

Was at Carlisle/Yeovil yesterday and Adam Campbell played for Carlisle. Actually played well but f***ing hell he looks like a kid out there

He's actually taller than both Messi and Edgar Davids. Just goes to show stature can make such a difference.

Really?! f***ing hell. I guess lower league as well its way more physical but he looked absolutely tiny

My impression is that kids who physically mature early often look mint in their U13s etc team, but usually turn out to be rubbish by the time they hit adult football and they lose their strength/pace advantage.  I suppose really skillful players would look good in any team.  If you're a manlet and still good, you must be really talented, hence the adulation of players like Messi/Silva/Juninho/Zola etc.

I'm still a sucker for a Duncan Ferguson/Peter Crouch though.  :smitten:

Must give Sorensen, Cal Roberts and S Longstaff at least a place on the bench for the first team in the near future.

How will we know if they are going to be good enough if we never play them in the first team. They can't get their chance when they are 22 or 23, it' too late.

The players that makes it at other clubs gets chances when they are at least 18.