U23s & Academy

Skirge

Sorensens 8th goal so far this season. Impressive!

Use him as a sub in the first team in the coming games.

Start with Muto and let Sorensen come on for the last 15-20 minutes.

Bet he will offer more than Hoss.

the reserves are s*** as well, they got beat off Norwich.

f***s going on at this club man, what a f***ing state we are in

It seems our academy has been toilet for years.  The best we've seen in the last decade is Dummett. There are tons of examples of Geordies who stayed well away from our academy and turned into great players.

Danish charver, niche.

Wonder if White English Don will be appealing to the evil public sector funded police they’re incapable of playing our reserves given we’ve progressed and they likely will too.

Danish charver, niche.

Wonder if White English Don will be appealing to the evil public sector funded police they’re incapable of playing our reserves given we’ve progressed and they likely will too.

You're going to have to help me out with some of those references man  :lol:

White English Don?

Evil Public Sector funded Police?

Over my head!  :)

Dropping the u9-u15s from the Academy structure seems odd. Very odd.

Has this been confirmed? I know they were thinking about the Huddersfield model.

Would be a very sad day for Newcastle United and the region if they do this.

Dropping the u9-u15s from the Academy structure seems odd. Very odd.

Has this been confirmed? I know they were thinking about the Huddersfield model.

Would be a very sad day for Newcastle United and the region if they do this.

Nothing confirmed.

It would be horrible for the region, its not as if there's 4 or 5 top flight clubs in the North-East that would pick up the slack. I guess the Foundation's Advanced groups would expand and look to take up anything that the main club dropped - but that would be horrible too. You have to pay for your child to go attend the advanced courses, the coaches can range from level 2 to UEFA B at best, with a wide range with and without youth mod awards. Some of the coaches already do split between training the lower end Academy teams and the advanced groups, but even so it'll get messy and leave a lot of kids without.

Imagine being a kid in the Academy and then your parents are being asked to pay £80 for you to be coached by a non-Academy setup. I can't see that being great.

Sounds like a classic Ashley decision. Not having to kit the 100 or so kids out with training kit and bags and not having to pay the 2 coaches per age groups wages which i heard was around £20 an hour, upkeep of the pitches, coach hire for away games, etc.

“For me, I want to build Newcastle from the bottom up,”

“If I had my dream, I want to start with the Academy. I want to be able to produce [more players like] Andy Carrolls.

“I look at Southampton and the players they have produced from their academy and I believe that could be done, not like Leicester.

“Making that a big priority of the football club and it needs to be separate from the main football club.

“Why don’t you put some money in the North East, a real hotbed of a football academy and this would be my dream that once every two years we put in an academy player, so it is sort of a mantra of the club.

“We give our academy players coming through the first opportunity. Put them in the cup games.”

More Ashley lies.

• 2 weeks later...