U23s & Academy

Skirge

1 minute ago, KDT said:

They'll potentially have had their pick of the local and International talent whereas some of our players won't even have been the best players in Wallsend.

I mean, Inter, Juve, Barca and the top English sides will have a bit of input too.

Thought you looked ok for a while there. The fact that (a) their press on your back four is scary but also (b) they’re lethal on the break is not good.

No idea how good either team ranks at this age though. I know your youth set-up has been unimpressive for a few years.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is there a reason half of the young kids we've been signing aren't in here other than Heffernan? 

IIrC there were some quirky rules about age and eligibility in this tournament. Seem to remember we put some weird teams out.

Without checking, isn’t this U19? And aren’t the main FA brackets U16, U18 and U21? That might have been the issue from our teams. Many of the U21s would be too old, and the better U18s were playing in U21 so the teams we put out in Europe weren’t used to playing together.

Their RW is really fucking good :lol:

10 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

IIrC there were some quirky rules about age and eligibility in this tournament. Seem to remember we put some weird teams out.

Aye I think most of the ones we've been getting are in the 16-18 bracket. I thought we'd get them with one eye on this competition but clearly not. :lol: