U23s & Academy

Skirge

8 hours ago, toontownman said:

All these moves seem to take a while. 

Sanusi was said to be signed nearly a month ago with Divine Mukasa and Leo Shahar too. Has Ollie Harrison even officially joined Chelsea yet?

Must take longer with paperwork or contracts or possible tribunal at that age? Or maybe just less priority.

IMG_5123.thumb.png.3477355cadd245f7071cae2e506b2b8e.png

Exciting times. We seem to be mopping up talent from everywhere, and not just for the sake of it, but also with a proper plan and strategy behind it. Can't wait to see "unknowns" plopping up from the academy into the senior squad. We'll save so much having players come up from below. The ones that don't have the potential to make the cut growing up will hopefully impress enough out on loan to still bring some coin in. It feels decent to be a Toon fan now compared to when the takeover "collapsed" :lol:

6 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

First season I'll actually being showing an interest on the U23/academy

Another piece of enjoyment reclaimed from Ashley era! 

I used to enjoy watching them when they played at Durham. Remember watching the youth teams with the likes of the Caldwell coming through. Again, killed by Ashley.

12 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Wonder if we're leveraging Shola's contact book here? All these young lads seem to have an agent who is an Ashley-era player :lol:

Shola is another relic from the past that needs rid.

Ashworth would't have had him working for him at WBA, Brighton, England. 

Edited by Hot Since 1882

27 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Turner-Cooke going to St-Johnstone on loan will be interesting to watch.

Even with our constant taking the piss out of the SPL’s quality, I worry it’s a big leap up for a lad who hardly tore it up at Tranmere last season. Worked well for Krul and Dummett but less so a number of others (Kuol, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31099950)

29 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This shouldn’t still be happening very annoying, can only imagine they’ve offered the family something ridiculous, or despite all the upgrades to scouting the actual coaching is still considered shite at the academy.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-lose-highly-rated-27567900

We have increased the budget for academy massively, but it's nowhere close to Chelsea's yet

On 02/08/2023 at 10:06, arnonel said:

Would love to watch more U21 games. Any way to stream them for upcoming season?

Tend to be on the individual clubs’ sites.

Twitter has the goals from this weekend’s game if you want me to link them.

10 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

I'm guessing U21s have actual numbers now too rather than Schar being removed from the squad in replacement for an Irish boy. But that would be quite the scandal.

Top of the moaning to you.