U23s & Academy

Skirge

The rozzers only came up when the seats were being passed round, piss poor really.

The copper was telling a steward that he was taking it away to see if it had any prints on it and then they would be making arrests.

To arrest people won't they already need the prints from those kids

He was joking

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well I'm happy I haven't missed any scholars from FM11 this year!

As taken from: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2142220,00.html

Adjei, Samuel

Airey, Philip

Alnwick, Jak

Ameobi, Samuel

Carroll, Andrew Thomas

Donaldson, Ryan Mark

Dummett, Paul

Edmundsson, Joan Simun

Evans, Nathan

Ferguson, Shane Kevin

Folan, Stephen

Gosling, Daniel

Grieve, Matthew Andrias

Henderson, Liam Alexander

Henderson, Jeffrey

Hoganson, Michael George

Inman, Bradden

Ions, William

Kadar, Tamas

Knight, Dennis Peter

Lualua, Kazenga

Maddison, Marcus Harley

McDermott, Greg

McGorrigan, Ryan Anthony

McLaughlin, Patrick Joseph

Mogwo, Andy

Newton, Conor

Nicholson, Alex Jack

Nzuzi, Patrick Nime

Page, Ryan James

Ranger, Nile

Richardson, Michael

Riley, Michael Liam

Robinson, Benjamin Gary

Sayer, Ben

Smith, Jamie Paul

Soderberg, Ole Petter

Spear, Aaron Robert

Storey, Louis Alan

Tavernier, James Henry

Taylor, Daniel Scott

Toland, Lee

Tozer, Ben Peter Anthony

Vuckic, Haris

Zamblera, Fabio

What's up with Xisco, pissed off at playing for the reserves and wants out or what?

No. Beardsley was happy with him and said he played well. If you watch the highlights, it was a fucking ridiculous red and a right kick in the teeth if he has to sit out the next 3 games.

the reserves are back in action next Tuesday (7th) when we are at home to Liverpool at Whitley park, free entry(or at least it was last season).  Looks like Sol will be playing again and with the likes of Haris and Kadar still on interanational duty i wonder if we'll put the same team out that played the mackems.  I'd actually be tempted to give Ben Arfa a 45 minute runout,  he says he's fit but he can't be that match fit,  don't think the lad has played since he scored against Norway for France and his pre-season games for Marseille were mainly coming off the bench iirc.

It wouldn't suprise me if they game got switched to SJP if Campbell and the likes of Lovenkrands are playing

How long before we see Adam Campbell in the U18s?

No rush,  the lads only 15,  lets just let him develop normally and see where he is at the end of next season,  that will be his big season when he's left school and signed properly you never know if he improves and develops even more this year then in 12 months he may well be likes of Rooney, Bale & Walcott and be around the first team squad nevermind the U18's.  I have never seen the lad play mind just going off his reputation.  Unless he is ending up just taking the piss at u16 level and is just too good then i wouldn't put him in the U18 squad apart from maybe the youth cup as that is the big competition,  at league level i would keep him with his own age group.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Are you allowed to play any over-age players in youth team games?

Why do you ask?

I seem to remember that you could do but I don't ever remember us doing so in U18 games.

Up to 3 19 year olds. We didn't do it too much last season as most of the youth team was decent enough, but this season I think we'll end up playing a few over age simply because its a young 'undersized' squad.

Guest michaelfoster

talking to the lad who cuts my hair today, who's a family friend of Daniel Leadbitter, he's picked up another injury so reckons thats his Newcastle career finished as he was given a contract extension upto January to prove himself, thats just his opinion like but we shall see.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

So the reserves are playing Liverpool tomorrow at home. I trust LFC TV dont broadcast the away reserve matches?

Aye, think they do, or if not, they did until recently. I'm sure i've watched us v L'pool from W Park quite recently.

Is on at 10pm.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Used to be bundled in with Satanta subs, but I think its free now. Though prepare to watch the most poorly produced football since ITV.

Don't suppose you ever listen to 5 Live's World Football Phone In, Chris?

Anyway, a caller was questioning the lack of technique and skill amongst English players at the moment. The Spanish football expert they had on gave a very interesting insight into the way players are coached at a young age over there, to be taught how to play with your head up and know when to give the ball at the right time. The technical side of the game is ingrained into players from around the ages of 7 or 8,  hence by the time players develop into adults the physical side of the game can then be added to their natural, honed ball playing ability. Hence producing more allround footballers in the long term who have vision, ability and technique.

The pundit (his name escapes me) then mentioned how he talked to a number of coaches at Valencia, and when they came over to do football schools in England and Wales they were absolutely stunned by the lack of ability in the players. That it was almost a waste of a generation because the players played with braun rather than their brain.

Anyway, the thing that amazed me most was later in the show a caller rang the show in defence of the English methoding. He mentioned how he was a coach for an 8 year old team aswell as a team of 16 year olds. He explained how he seen it as important to make sure the players were physically capable above anything else, and that he coaches the players to be commited and strong above actual footballing ability. He said that the way he saw it was skill and ability can be taught to the players once they make it, and that readying the youngsters for a physical barrage was top of his agenda. I genuinely couldn't believe what he was saying, he was basically saying the Spanish way of doing things was wrong and that he was right. The pundit then retorted at why England hadn't won anything in 40 years, the caller then just blamed tiredness from too many matches in the club season and subsequently went off on a tangent about how foreign imports and too much money was strangling the game.

He really wound me up to be honest, I despair if this is the national standard for football coaching in this country? People like this bloke shouldn't be given the responsibility because their sporting ideology is so, so wide of the mark. Anyway, I know you're doing coaching badges and taking a keen interest in this kind of thing so is this attitude commonplace throughout the UK? Is it actively encouraged to train kids in this way?

The show is worth a listen to if you want to hear what he said.