U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In the 60mins or so I've seen, I have to admit, his off the ball movement and anticipation is stellar for someone who's just turned 16. Seems to have a killer first touch too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
United's Reserve team game against Manchester United on Tuesday, February 22, will no longer be played at St. James' Park.

The second-string clash had been scheduled to be played at the famous stadium, like the September match against Chelsea where Peter Beardsley's side lost 3-2 to a last-minute penalty in front of 3,700 fans.

But the Red Devils fixture has now been moved to Whitley Park in Benton, the home of West Allotment Celtic and the Northumberland FA.

The game remains open to spectators - entry is free to all supporters - and kick-off is still 7pm.

Newcastle Reserves are in action against Bolton at the County Ground in Leyland on Tuesday night.

Let's not get carried away with this young bloke. Many things can happen over the next years - but surely he looks promising. The worst thing we could do though - is to hype the fella...

I agree with you, he probably IS going to be the next Vuckic.

fyp

Vuckic and Kadar seems to get injured rather often.  Also Steven Taylor and Ameobi.  Some of the other kids seem to pick up more than their fair share has well.  Is that a co-incidence or could we not be doing something right as they are developing as youngsters?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There's no way to know really. You could argue that they play too much too soon at a young age, which strains developing muscles, but I don't know. Though, there are some youngsters who have played U16, U18 and Reserve games this season. Not full games, but still.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Also travelling with the senior party was left-back Paul Dummett, who just missed out on a place amongst the substitutes.

And Beardsley added: "I think Dummy's got a chance of definitely playing at a decent level - hopefully our first-team.

Agree with this, don't think I've seen Dummett lose a header at youth and reserve level. If he can sort out when to tackle and when to stand up, he'll could be decent cover at LB. Also, rumour has it that Peter Beardsley will be stepping up to coach the 1st Team in the Summer, according to a former youth player.