U23s & Academy

Skirge

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFCOfficial 16s

Obertan grabs his second of the night to make it 3-0 to #NUFC after 48 minutes. He again raced in on goal and drew the keeper

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

From .com, U21's vs Cambridge.

A quick mention for man of the match Kevin Mbabu who looked strong and assured in whatever defensive role he was given. Having just turned 18, he was one of the youngest players on the pitch.

We want Mbabu.

Alnwick

Tarvenier  Streete    Good    Haidara

Bigirimana  Gosling

Sammi          Inman          Ferguson

Campbell

Its not a bad set of youngsters weve got. All of them have a chance of making it to the top level.

I usually like sitting on the fence but will gladly go on the record to say that Gosling will never make it here.

He's bang average and at 23 is comfortably the oldest of those players.

I usually like sitting on the fence but will gladly go on the record to say that Gosling will never make it here.

He's bang average and at 23 is comfortably the oldest of those players.

His first few appearances for us, I thought i saw a bit of class in his passing and moving. But hes destined to be a league one or championship player i think.

Guest Roger Kint

The clock is ticking for the likes of Tavernier, Inman and Ferguson as well.

Think Gosling will become a pretty decent player at Championship level.

Cant see any of them becoming regular Premier League players, all have enough to be good Championship starters though.

Ferguson could be a Premiership player, there's been far worse wingers around for long periods.

Never seen Inman but seems as if he'll have to go the long way and start from lower divisions.

Tavernier is getting too old and hasn't really impressed enough, the same can be said for Gosling despite even more chances.

Time for Streete, Campbell, Good, Mbabu, Satka etc. to have their crack. Armstrong, Gilliead and Cameron sound as if they've got promise about them as well. Armstrong in particular seems to be very influential for both club and country.

Cant see any of them becoming regular Premier League players, all have enough to be good Championship starters though.

Haven't seen Inman myself but isn't thought highly of?

Also, don't you know the Streetes? How's he getting on?

Guest Roger Kint

Inman is 22 soon i think? Think he will improve but enough to start regularly at this level? Would be surprised.

My brother hasnt spoke to Remie for ages but his FB suggests he isnt as dedicated to football as he could be. Whether thats a case of boredom while injured or whatever i dont know. He needs to lay off the drink though thats for sure. On the field he seems to be fit again and playing well from what i have read on .com.

Inman is 22 soon i think? Think he will improve but enough to start regularly at this level? Would be surprised.

My brother hasnt spoke to Remie for ages but his FB suggests he isnt as dedicated to football as he could be. Whether thats a case of boredom while injured or whatever i dont know. He needs to lay off the drink though thats for sure. On the field he seems to be fit again and playing well from what i have read on .com.

I watched Streete play once and he was gash tbh :lol: Knew i must have picked a terrible day because everyone speaks highly of him.

Tricky for young'uns to be dedicated imo unless they've got a good family around them. Too much temptation and not enough self control when you're that age. Hopefully he'll come good!

Guest Roger Kint

I watched Streete play once and he was gash tbh :lol: Knew i must have picked a terrible day because everyone speaks highly of him.

Tricky for young'uns to be dedicated imo unless they've got a good family around them. Too much temptation and not enough self control when you're that age. Hopefully he'll come good!

Aye thats true, fwiw i saw him play a few stinkers as well :lol:

He was hitting sunderland's student nights when he was 15 ffs :lol: