U23s & Academy

Skirge

Be interesting to see what we do with him in the summer.  I'm guessing at 21 he isn't going to break into our first team squad but it seems he has enough about him to make a career out of football.

Be interesting to see what we do with him in the summer.  I'm guessing at 21 he isn't going to break into our first team squad but it seems he has enough about him to make a career out of football.

Send him to Gateshead in exchange for some arts funding.

There have been plenty of players who have been late developers and haven't really shown their potential until they were 21 or over....we have had at least 2 I can think of, Chris Waddle and Geoff Allen.

Waddle most people on here know about, but Allen was a left-winger who was in and out of our first team in the mid-late 60s until finally, he came good against Feyenoord in what as then the Fairs Cup...our first match in Europe in 1968. He was the architecht of our 4-0 win, tearing the right side of their defence to shreds. He went on to show this form in the First Div until he was victim of a desperate tackle by Hindley at Notts Forest, we won the match 1-4.

He had cruciate ligament damage and in those days it was curtains,

The other most notable 21 year old to make the big time was Steve Heighway at Liverpool...had been a University student playing part-time for Skelmersdale until Shankly signed him in 1971 and he went on to create Liverpool's goal against Arsenal in the FA Cup Final and had a long successful career at Anfield.

Players still have a chance to make the big time at that age, and Inman has scored enough goals - and created them for others - to warrant a go in our first team at some stage.

clearly should have been on loan at an earlier age, should be going out at 18 not 21 tbh. Would still like to see us keep him even if late bloomer. He has 5 in 10 in League 1, it's a good record. Is he playing Centre Mid or further forward?

Guest Roger Kint

Think we should sell him to a championship club, with a buy back option.

WTF? Have you been taking silly pills again, utterly pointless idea :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There have been plenty of players who have been late developers and haven't really shown their potential until they were 21 or over....we have had at least 2 I can think of, Chris Waddle and Geoff Allen.

Waddle most people on here know about, but Allen was a left-winger who was in and out of our first team in the mid-late 60s until finally, he came good against Feyenoord in what as then the Fairs Cup...our first match in Europe in 1968. He was the architecht of our 4-0 win, tearing the right side of their defence to shreds. He went on to show this form in the First Div until he was victim of a desperate tackle by Hindley at Notts Forest, we won the match 1-4.

He had cruciate ligament damage and in those days it was curtains,

The other most notable 21 year old to make the big time was Steve Heighway at Liverpool...had been a University student playing part-time for Skelmersdale until Shankly signed him in 1971 and he went on to create Liverpool's goal against Arsenal in the FA Cup Final and had a long successful career at Anfield.

Players still have a chance to make the big time at that age, and Inman has scored enough goals - and created them for others - to warrant a go in our first team at some stage.

Sometimes they just need that 'defining' moment to help them realise they can do it.

Aye, I've been impressed with Maddison the couple of times I've watched him. He's been called up for the national team too, hasn't he? We don't seem to have many decent left-footed players in the academy, so it's a bit of a surprise that we have released him so early..

Guest optimistic nit

Think we should sell him to a championship club, with a buy back option.

WTF? Have you been taking silly pills again, utterly pointless idea :lol:

Seems like a pretty good idea to me

So this Viareggio Cup...which NUFC players are included in the squad? Academy guys?

Jak Alnwick, Jonathan Mitchell, Macauley Booth, Alex Kitchen, Remie Streete, Lee Desmond, Lubo Satka, Alex Nicholson, Steven Logan, Brandon Miele, Jamie Sterry, Jonathyn Quinn, Greg Olley, Tom Heardman, Macaulay Gillesphey, Rolando Aarons, Ryan McKinnon and James Morgan.

Guest nufcshirts

FT: AC Milan 2 Cristante, Pedone Newcastle United 1 Quinn

NEWCASTLE XI: Alnwick, Nicholson, Desmond, Logan, Streete, Satka, Olley, Miele, Heardman, Quinn, Aarows. Substitutes: Kitchen, Michell, Gillespie, Sterry, Morgan, Booth, McKinnon.

Find the Milan goals on YT by user "Nesta13Hilal".