U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest MrSundlofer

The promotion of Airey and Adjei are the proofs that we aren't going to spend money this summer and we have to rely on them for covers.

I can confirm from the player himself that Adjei hasn't heard anything of him being in the first team squad next season. Just rumours from the media.

Guest Know_All

That is very true

Most of the 2nd years have been given 2 year contracts (not very good ones though) and they will move up to the first team facility.

That does not mean train with the first team. There were 3 given contracts at the end of the season before last. Its pretty easy to work it out who they are.

All non local lads?

decent little write up on Inman in the Scottish Sun today,  he was also in the Scotland U19 that won 4-0.

He's the Premier League -bound Aussie who's nicknamed Kaka and playing for Scotland. The Tartan Army might have missed out on James McCarthy & Aiden McGeady through family ties.

But now Scotland could benefit from the ruling with Newcastle's Adelaide-born starlet Brad Inman in his second year playing for Billy Stark's Under-19s.

He could yet turn his back on Scotland, who he qualifies for thanks to Glaswegian mum Lorraine. Australia have been circling and the midfielder snubbed a call-up to their Under-20s squad last year.

But they are sure to be back, with England also an option thanks to dad Dave. Inman, 18, insists he's only got eyes for Scotland right now and said: "I haven't thought about whether I want to commit to Scotland long-term yet.

"I was called up by Australia for an Under-20 training camp last year, but decided not to go. I went away with Scotland's Under-19s instead.

Maybe if I was called up for Scotland or Australia's Under-21 side I'd have a big decision to make - but I'm leaning more towards Scotland at the moment. They have treated me well and I enjoy coming away with them and that will be a factor.

"I feel Scottish because I come up quite a bit to see the family. Growing up in Australia I was always aware of my Scottish roots and with Dad being English I always felt British.

"Mum's really proud because she wanted me to play for Scotland. She likes Celtic and was chuffed when I chose to play for the Under-19s.

"She moved over from Australia to Newcastle with me for the first six months when I signed then Dad and the rest of the family came over later.

Inman has made rapid progress since uprooting to Newcastle at just 14. He shone this term and his 15 goals from midfield saw him land the coveted 'Wor Jackie' award for the most promising stiffs player.

He's been tipped for a first-team breakthrough as the Toon Army prepare for life back in the top flight.

But he laughed off mention of the Brazilian superstar he has been compared to. Inman added: "It's true in training one day someone started calling me Kaka but it's a bit stupid. It's far too much for me to live up to!

"Some of the reserves call me it and the Newcastle Under-18 manager was quoted saying it on the club website. Of course, Kaka's someone I look up to. I watch him playing for Real Madrid and he's one of the great players.

"It's been a great season for me. The Under-18s reached the semis of the FA Youth Cup and I've played a lot for the reserves. I even got on the bench for the first team in a Carling Cup game. Hopefully next season I can push on more.

"The gaffer Chris Hughton and first-team coach Colin Calderwood want to involve me in pre-season friendlies to see if I can handle the step up.

"There's been a buzz around the whole city this season with us getting promoted. There's been talk of Newcastle down-sizing and not spending as much money. Maybe that will help me break into the first team."

They're kids.

Inman seemed like a cunt mind when i saw him out.

Just a regular eighteen year old to be honest. Spoken to him a few times.

He'll get knocked down a peg when he's getting wheeled out by Tranmere's reserves in 2014.

They're kids.

Inman seemed like a cunt mind when i saw him out.

Just a regular eighteen year old to be honest. Spoken to him a few times.

He'll get knocked down a peg when he's getting wheeled out by Tranmere's reserves in 2014.

Should have pointed out before; he's 18-years-old, earning a few hundred quid a week, is a good looking young chap and is good at football. All of this qualified him as a cunt before i met him; i didn't really speak to him a great deal on the night.

I'd like to see him thrust in at right-back against Kidderminster IFC, mind.

Hopefully he and vuckic actually fulfill their potential, save us some "wonga" and give us something to build around.

Won't happen though, I though pattison would be the one :(

Academy:

Youngsters make trophy defence 

A Newcastle Academy squad are currently in the Bosnian town of Foca, preparing to defend their title in the "Football Friends" tournament that they won in 2009.

The Magpies open up their 2010 campaign against FK Sarajevo on Friday night. The eight team tournament then runs through until Sunday.

nufc.com

Academy:

Youngsters make trophy defence 

A Newcastle Academy squad are currently in the Bosnian town of Foca, preparing to defend their title in the "Football Friends" tournament that they won in 2009.

The Magpies open up their 2010 campaign against FK Sarajevo on Friday night. The eight team tournament then runs through until Sunday.

nufc.com

I'm sure that was the tournament that really brought Vukcic to everyones attention,  he won player of the tournament and top scorer.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Correct! Was the first real outing he had had for the Youth Team and waltzed over the opposition. Still no real news on the promoted youths to the U18s.

Guest Know_All

Correct! Was the first real outing he had had for the Youth Team and waltzed over the opposition. Still no real news on the promoted youths to the U18s.

Thats because they haven't been promoted. All that has happens is that they will move up to the first team base as reserve team players. Jusy like last years older academy players. So nothing to rave about really. Just normal progression. If they do well with the reserves they will eventually join in with the first team squad on occasions and thats when they have the chance to impress.

Some of you guys just haven't got a clue how things really work at Newcastle, all speculation and guess work on your part, but hey i can't blame you for trying to second guess.

Plus a bit of advice.......Take what you read in the papers with a pinch of salt.....only about 10% of it is true........if that?? ;D

And the Magpies opened up their 2010 campaign against FK Sarajevo on Friday night in style, winning 6-0. Their reward for that is a semi-final meeting on Saturday against Red Star Belgrade.

nufc.com

Thats because they haven't been promoted. All that has happens is that they will move up to the first team base as reserve team players. Jusy like last years older academy players. So nothing to rave about really. Just normal progression. If they do well with the reserves they will eventually join in with the first team squad on occasions and thats when they have the chance to impress.

Some of you guys just haven't got a clue how things really work at Newcastle, all speculation and guess work on your part, but hey i can't blame you for trying to second guess.

Plus a bit of advice.......Take what you read in the papers with a pinch of salt.....only about 10% of it is true........if that?? ;D

Fucking hell, take a chill pill.  Either that or uninstall windows, so we don't have to put up with your patronising tone ever again.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I was talking about the U16s being promoted to the U18s.

I'd call you a cunt if I didn't know you were a shit WUM.

Sorry to interupt you rumour mill with a few facts

:clap:

So under 16 players are going up to train as reserves and totally skip the under 18's according to you.

Sounds like bollocks to me.

Guest Heneage

It is. But let him continue it's quite funny.

I'd hope we are scouting players during this tournament, is this not how we discovered Haris?

Guest Know_All

Sorry to interupt you rumour mill with a few facts

:clap:

So under 16 players are going up to train as reserves and totally skip the under 18's according to you.

Sounds like bollocks to me.

2 of last seasons under 16's will yes

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why don't you go all out and put your neck on the line and name them?

Remi Streete and Michael Hoganson?

I can't see any club, no matter how much money they might want to save, promoting two 15 year olds to the Senior Training Program. They might get the odd day, but they'll not go up full time, if only for insurance reasons.

Should we just insert 'fuck' in between 'Knows_All'.