Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Guest ObaStar

A surprisingly good first half, but we haven't had much to offer the last 20 minutes or so. Our defenders don't look comfortable, especially not with Rooney and Ronaldo, so I hope Hughton sees that we can only win by attacking them. They're struggling when we make quick passes and attack with more players than just Martins and Løvenkrands. I have a hope of a win here, but no doubt we will get raped in the second half.

does anyone look comfy playing vs ronaldo and rooney?

We didnt play like a relagation threatened team that half.

Middlesbrough beat Liverpool the other week. I know points are points (if we get any...) but a pleasing effort against Man Utd doesn't excuse shit performances against teams like Bolton. We needed to play like this against the teams around us.

Guest LucaAltieri

Very pleasing performance and if we keep the same sort of effort and intencity up in the second half and lose, well so be it, I'll still be happy with the performance.

But why can't we play like this against Bolton/Stoke/teams we should beat? So frustrating.

Oba/Lovenkrands is working really well, hopefully Hughton and Co. see this and we don't see Ameobi again this season.

In this match all of our joy has been on the counter attack. The reasons we haven't been as successful with the same tactics against other teams are:

1) We've been without a pacey front line for ages.

2) Other clubs don't have the striking power of man united and won't be committing so much going forward.

When teams have players behind the ball we're useless at breaking them down.

Oba/Lovenkrands is working really well, hopefully Hughton and Co. see this and we don't see Ameobi again this season.

Seriously...do you really think that's gonna happen? Back to the normal and Ameobi's back for the next game as it's too much pace to CH to keep up following the game now!

Pleased with the performance so far. Our left side is working good again

enough to make you tear your f***ing hair out.

Why we couldn't pick that team/play like that on Sunday I'll never know...

Lets HOPE Hughton is seeing this and is learning.

The pace from Jonas, Loven, Martins upfront was brilliant.....thats how we nearly got a 2nd. Same reason we used to be good with Dyer, Bellamy etc Pace is really key.

Ameobi just = slow ball game....ball hoofed up...slow down attacks....

A surprisingly good first half, but we haven't had much to offer the last 20 minutes or so. Our defenders don't look comfortable, especially not with Rooney and Ronaldo, so I hope Hughton sees that we can only win by attacking them. They're struggling when we make quick passes and attack with more players than just Martins and Løvenkrands. I have a hope of a win here, but no doubt we will get raped in the second half.

does anyone look comfy playing vs ronaldo and rooney?

Probably not, but I don't like the way Taylor is defending. Makes it really easy to put in a cross or try to go past him.

Guest firetotheworks

Viduka on for Saylor whos becoming a little complacent, Raylor at RB and Lover at RM

Interesting...very interesting.

We didnt play like a relagation threatened team that half.

Middlesbrough beat Liverpool the other week. I know points are points (if we get any...) but a pleasing effort against Man Utd doesn't excuse shit performances against teams like Bolton. We needed to play like this against the teams around us.

I 100% agree.

There's no way in hell that's a red card. Come on, stop it now, that wasn't an attempt to knock it out, it was a bad attempt to get around. Taylors reaction is just to try to show them that it wasn't nothing, it wasn't like he was scared of getting sent off.

lol

Mate thats an instant red, hes taken ronaldo out with an arm across the neck and then chopped vidic ? In half with a follow up tackle. He ran off to pretend it was nothing big.

Bollocks, its only a red if u make contact with the face/head not a forearm to the neck.

Players have been sent off before for just grabbing eachother by the neck, you raise your arms your in dangerous territory. Rooney did same to colo though as said so it just evens it up. Still those decisions nearly ALWAYS go man uniteds way.

Smith made a fucking excellent tackle after about 10 minutes, he's only played one bad pass and one bad tackle so far, which for his standards is about three miles above Pele on a good day.

Viduka on for Saylor whos becoming a little complacent, Raylor at RB and Lover at RM

Interesting...very interesting.

Isnt Viduka absent from the bench?

That's why it would be so interesting :lol: